Venting versus Boasting

Pirx Danford

Elite
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Pirx Danford
Dear readers,

as I do not like to talk without substance to write about do not expect this blog to be very active.

Today I am starting this blog and the first thing I would like to talk about is balance.

Many know me already and it is said I have a mild character, but is that so?

When VU 9 was introduced I was among the moaners and I was in rage as many others were.
It even went as far that I negrepped someone who told us whiners to shut up and promptly I was negrepped back.
So everyone has a dark side, even if mine is very well hidden most of the time.

But what has it to do with balance?

Well in my understanding every posting you write tells something about YOU the writer.
So writing a lot of negative things, moaning, whining, bitching and flaming will tell a negative story about you.
If one uses EF only for venting purposes, it may happen that exactly a character picture like that will start to exist and it might be far away from the truth.

This may be a very commonplace idea, but now the balance issue must be watched, because it also works the other way around.

If you only post positive things your character starts to become unrealistic.
It can get as far as that people believe someone to be stupid, because negative aspects that are undeniable are cast aside.
And only boasting of how good your achievements are will make you appear vain, which eventually will belittle your achievements.

It is the right balance of negative and positive things you write that will give your virtual person substance.
You will always be yourself but remember that for all other people on EF or in the internet you only exist as a series of numbers and letters.

Bye until next entry :)

Back