Wireframe Entropia

Arokh

Stalker
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Arokh Arokh Cindar
Ever wonder what the static meshes in Entropia look like in wireframe mode? Wondered how they're actually made? What MindArks level geometry is like?

Me too. So, being a somewhat resourceful dragon, I have acquired the answer to this question that has plagued Entropians since the dawn of time. How these pictures came about... well, see the bottom of this post. All I'll say for those of you who assume I've broken the EULA in some way, shape or form.... you're completely wrong. :)

To clarify - these are NOT my models.
Just a selection of the actual models used in EU, including their in-world form:

The corridor at Zychion:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The revival room at Zychion:

The ring:

The geometry done by MindArk here is absolutely horrendous. That ring is 7456 polygons in total. To put that in perspective, the high detail weapons the player uses in Crysis are less than 3000 polys.

Zychion Teleporter:

The cafe house thing at Minopolis:

A ruined building at Zychion:

(I know a lot of these this entry are Zychion, but they're probably more recognisable. And cool.)

I have a few more interesting pictures that may be posted in the next blog entry if enough people are curious. Either it will contain more models, or some textures. The latter of which has some surprises.

So.... continue with this? Or shall I just dump all these pictures in the recycle bin?

So how did these come about? All I've done is obtain a bunch of pictures of the ingame models from someone I know IRL who tried EU out, wasn't keen and is no longer an EU participant. I told 'em how to view the models, and said to take screenshots. Quickly browsed through the resulting pictures, picked some interesting ones, then found places in game to show what they look like there.

Handling pictures is not a crime. Nor is sharing things that are not exactly secret (you see these things when playing anyway, just textured). Neither is this is some kind of 'how to see wireframes from EU' guide. BUT, if Mindark somehow frown upon posting these up then fair enough. I'll remove 'em. So yeah... if you're an MA staff member and want these pics gone, please, let me know and it'll be done. Can't be fairer than that.

Whilst I know how to get hold of these models, it's definitely not something I'd be stupid enough to try whilst being a participant. And no, don't bother PMing asking me how. Not risking my own account, nor would I let someone else risk theirs if they're still playing.

Back