The 19k Hike

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Now not the best of titles I agree, but you get it don't you? This is actually my very first blog on here :laugh:. Great, so let's start. Question: What is The 19k Hike? I will give you some back story on that now. The very first year of playing EU, I survived solely as a non depositor. I made it through sweating, trading, you name it, whatever could get me a gain I did it.

Since I started I've been playing for 43 months, so 3 years & 7 months. Of course I took some breaks here and there, so maybe I played 31 months. In those short months, I've managed to make a 19000PED loss. Now this is about £1200, lost 9.5k by hunting & 7k by Item markups + 2.5k on skills.

19k / 31 months = £40 per month for 31 months = My Entropia Life :lol:. Now I wanted to give myself a new goal for 2013. Since I'm currently in the red, I'm giving myself 12 months starting January 1st 2013 to bring myself back to black. "Yes no Amy Winehouse reference please." So this will be my journey blog to getting back what I lost so far, in my quest to not deposit & start profiting.

In anycase I will use this blog to document & make a note of my progress per month & evaluate anything that needs changing. Of course this isn't going to be easy & it will not be done by sweating myself to sleep. I know full well that it takes money to make money, so the best guess that I can.

My budget to accomplishing my goal is appx 21k PED. I took a rough guess due to my hunting assests being sold as I speak now. But I don't have that balance yet as some things still need to sell, but hopefully it's all gone by January which is why that is also the starting date and not December 2012.

Now this ped wasn't easily gained. I liquidated all my assests as a hunter, I'm now stripped to basics really with the only goal, to win back peds in the next coming 12 months. Now 21k+19k = 40k PED. So I' am going to give myself the target of reaching 40k PED.

From 21000, 40000 is my target by December 2013 or sooner. Keep an eye out.

For the Month of January I recieved a gain of +2000. Did alot of hunting this past month with slow but steady gains through out & with skills included at raw value this is easily +2500. I will now go onto mining for the month of Febuary.

Febuary Update: Just a real quick bio, about what's been happening to me ingame these past few days/weeks since January's Hunting.

Sold the last bit of gear left at a ridiculous discount . I'am no longer a hunter, turned miner. Atm I'm not really sure how much working ped I have left. I know that it should be somewhere near 20500PED, so not that far of from my earlier estimate, but this ofc already includes the profit earned in the previous month :(.

I haven't forgotten what my aim is for the rest of the year. Atm since the start of FEB I have turned myself into a seasoned miner in the space of a week. From something I knew nothing about to, knowing pretty much all I can. I know there is more to disect about mining but for now I've armed myself with an F-105/ Z1 finders & TT extractor tool. I've also relocated myself to Rocktropia & beginning my new mining adventures there hehe with a mate of mine who joined my soc.

I'm here on RT to find markup if that isn't already obvious, with what I can find with the depth of the F-105 can provide. I will only mine ORE. I will do both unamped and amped runs, doing amped more extensively. I have ventured into using amplifiers for the first time in my eu life & want to see the results, about using amplifiers & their effect on returns + claims.

Purchased this week 4993.68 TT worth of Lv2 Amp @ 102%.
Would like to add that the amount of Blues Rock gathered was enough to pay back the markup on the amps. The blues ingots sold at 190% to an order on RT.

So far I've done 5200 drops unamped. That constitutes 4 runs of 1200 drops + 400. A pretty good return rate of 97%. Decay/ Repairs are usually within 3% of the total costings so, after decay my return is at 94% unamped. This is good too. Now I'm gonna go through all the amps I bought & reflect on findings, as to whether or not its worth pursuing long term. Atm I'm not sure but giving it a go.

Hope you liked this update. So stay tuned!

END OF FEBUARY UPDATE!
I will try to make this as concise as possible.

Total ped balance after all gear had sold is 19600. Profit from hunting in January = 2213PED. Total ped = 21813. Bought a 367PED Rifle Chip @ 1050% for hunting & gained CS skill. Purchased 2 philo swords at a cost of 272PED. SIG Fees = 500x2 + Space Fees 26 = Take away 1665PED. Total = 20148.

For the month of Febuary, I bought a Pros Chip 119PED to max the F-105.
Bought an F-105 for 97PED & 2 space thrusters at 16PED + 81PED OIL.

I took 3 warp flights at 30PEDx2 + 15x1 = 75PED. Lost 662PED doing some trial & error during mining. Bought a sleipnir MK1 for 28PED & 2 Neteller Buggy's for 42PED. Total I've spent so far now = 1660 + 1120 = 2780PED.

This means I'm now down -567PED from all that I've done so far.

Now for the month of Febuary starting the 5th to the 28th. I've only mined on RT & my avg mu up there was 129.10% . Though the first two weeks was a bit of hit & miss, refining the mining area's. Thanks to the vehicle purchases I should be able to mine faster & also more efficient in the future.

Mining produced 4567PED profit, however 2k was over the ped input.
It appears that my ped balance is somewhere the vicinity of 21600PED.
Which means I've profited only 2000PED in the last 3 months of gaming.
It also means that the markup was enough to pay the negative amount.
To the true markup could be the above stated, but not 100% sure on that.

Next time around I will have a better detailed log of my mining records to share. Cause at one point I thought I had profited nearly 5000ped or later I thought I had lost that :lol:. It drove me nuts :p.

My current balance should be somewhere near 21600PED atm. Hopefully next month I do just as good if not better, with 4K profit over input next time.

Stay Tuned Folks!

Gl with your endeavour!!! :beerchug:

Gl with your endeavor thats a long road to recovery. Ive kissed most of my ped good by... and every time i pull out the plastic remind myself its only entertainment if i dont play eu i can easly drop a 100+ usd at the bar in a night.

arkon409;bt4180 said:
Gl with your endeavor thats a long road to recovery. Ive kissed most of my ped good by... and every time i pull out the plastic remind myself its only entertainment if i dont play eu i can easly drop a 100+ usd at the bar in a night.
I know losing £40 per month for the last 31 months, does sound reasonable, but still fact is, I'm down £1200. So glad it doesnt go on alchehole :).

Last edited:
Good Luck Mark,

Not an easy thing to achieve but see how it goes.

I agree with what the other guy said in dropping 100 usd at a bar in a night;

Very easy to do :) And its a good way to take EU without going mental over it.

Take Care,
Viper

Just to say a little mention to clarify something. The title keeps changing because the amount of peds I keep losing keeps increasing. It was originally 16k then I recalled the losing of 2k on leviathans at 1 time, so turned into the 18k hike.

Now I have 1 piece of gear left to sell, as I've sold the other things now, but at the price I'm selling my stuff it's making the deficit go up. I doubt I will change it more often, as I just have 1 item left & I'm willing to sell that at a good discount as well. But the last draft will be based on the amount of peds remaining on my card after all is gone.

Viperstrike;bt4187 said:
Good Luck Mark, not an easy thing to achieve but see how it goes.

Take Care,
Viper
Not easy granted but I accept your encouragement Viper I will need it.

In the space of two weeks hunting. I've nearly gained 500ped
At this level of rate gain I may well gain 1k per month, great ;).

For the Month of January +2000. Did alot of hunting this month with slow but steady gains & with skills at raw value this is easily +2500. I will move onto mining for the month of Febuary.

Sold the last bit of gear left at a ridiculous discount :(. Iam no longer a hunter, turned miner. Atm I'm not really sure how much working ped I have left. I know that it should be somewhere near 20500PED roughly, so not far from my earlier estimation, but this ofc already includes the profit earned in the previous month.

I haven't forgotten what my aim is for the rest of the year. Atm since the start of FEB I have turned myself into a seasoned miner in the space of a week. From something I knew nothing about to, knowing pretty much all I can. I know there is more to disect about mining but for now I've armed myself with an F-105/ Z1 finders & TT extractor tool. I've also relocated myself to Rocktropia & beginning my new mining adventures there hehe with a mate of mine who joined my soc.

I won't say what I'm here to find, that's pretty obvious, if it isn't already clear what materials I can find with the depth of the F-105 can provide. I will only mine ORE. I will do both unamped and amped runs, doing unamped more extensively. I have ventured into using amplifiers for the first time in my eu life & want to see the results, about using amplifiers & their effect on returns + claims.

Purchased this week 4993.68 TT worth of Lv2 Amp @ 102%.

So far I've done 4800 drops unamped. That constitutes 4 runs of 1200 drops. With a pretty good return rate of 97%. Decay/ Repairs are usually within 3% of the total costings so, after decay my return is at 94% unamped. This is good too.
Now I'm gonna go through all the amps I bought & reflect on findings, as to whether or not its worth pursuing long term. Atm I'm not sure but giving it a go.

Hope you liked this update. So stay tuned!

~Mark~

I will try to make this as concise as possible.

Total ped balance after all gear had sold is 19600.
Profit from hunting in January = 2213PED. Total ped = 21813.

Bought a 367PED Rifle Chip @ 1050% for hunting & gained CS skill.
Purchased 2 philo swords at a cost of 272PED.
SIG fee = 500x2 + Space Fees 26 = Take away 1665PED. Total = 20148.

For the month of Febuary, I bought Pros chip 119PED to max the F-105.
Bought an F-105 for 97PED & 2 space thrusters at 16PED + 81PED OIL.

I took 3 warp flights at 30PEDx2 + 15x1 = 75PED.
Lost 662PED doing some trial & error during mining.
Bought a sleipnir MK1 for 28PED & 2 Neteller Buggy's for 42PED.
Total I've spent so far now = 1660 + 1120 = 2780PED.

This means I'm now down -567PED from all that I've done so far.

Now for the month of Febuary starting the 5th to the 28th. I've been mining solely up on RT for ores. My avg mu up there was around 129.10% :). Though the first two weeks was a bit of hit & miss, refining the mining area's. Thanks to the vehicle purchases I should be able to mine faster & also more efficient.

Mining produced 4570PED profit, however 2k was over the ped input.
It appears that my ped balance is somewhere the vicinity of 21600PED.
Which means I've profited only 2000PED in the last 3 months of gaming.
It also means that the markup was enough to pay the negative amount.
To the true markup could be the above stated, but not 100% sure on that.

Next time around I will have a better detailed log of my mining records to share.
Cause at one point I thought I had profited nearly 5000ped or lost that :lol:.

My current balance should be somewhere near 21670PED atm. Hopefully next month I do just as good if not better, with 4K profit over input next time.

Stay Tuned!

~Mark~

As of right now, been doing a lot of other things ingame last few months. But I've gone back to the mining route, as it is more consistant. Balance should be somewhere around 22500. However I did spend about 750ped on skills this past month, trying to get my hp and hit up a bit. So would of been past 23k by now pff. Long ways to go still!

Back