starting mentoring

Alice

Slayer
Society
Rising Potentials
Alice in Wonderland
that was a funny time around then

i was still rather new, played like 1 year and my equipment wasn't that nice either

i didn't think about mentoring really that much before, but then it happened

CND was implemented and loads of newbies joined, who mostly read in the news about CND

so many that PA couldn't even cover all of them and the arrival area was spread to also Fort Argus and Fort Troy

Especially Argus was a problem
Newbies did what they should do, they started exploring

but around Argus is basically tougher (way to tough for newbies) and faster stuff
many, many newbies ended at the trox outpost S of Argus, which they couldn't escape that easily

many more skilled hunters than i was helped back then
knowing i couldn't do much around Argus, i was way too weak to kill Atrox, i went to Troy

there was also not much around for a newbie to go to, and several ended at the western outpost, but i was too weak to help there was well
but, what i was good in, is avoiding mobs, not necessarily killing them
since i also started as sweater, i knew a better place for newbies, a place that would also enable them to get to PA or AH easier
Camp Phoenix, THE sweating place at those times

so i grapped a few ppl, as much as i thought i could handle, told them how to move and follow me, and got them out
i remember especially Zap's newbies trains back in those times, who also helped newbies away from Troy

anyway, on the way to phoenix, over east scylla then zychion usually, i started also to answer questions and finally thought "why not taking them as disciples and get some of the nice gifts?"

around that time, i took my first disciples
and as soon i did, i faced a huge problem
disciple (actually it was Psycho) like :"Alice? What rifle is good to start with?"
And i was skilled in melee, i had no clue:confused:
"ummm, err, lemme see *browsing i-net* Jester D1!"

Psycho a few days later: "That gun is too weak, is there anything better?"
I still had no clue, and sorted wiki to eco i think,
"ummm, Fire Forge 8000 seems good, but rather expensive."
next day he had it :rolleyes:
Psy was crazy :silly2:

he was also my first graduater, and my uber gift was a Brave Mentor Edition :yay:

ofc, it wasn't the only disicple
I still have some of those I took as disciples back then in my list, although i haven't seen them since

this mentoring made me search information about hunting with rifles and handguns too
since most people want to shoot #D

"Alice? I want to craft, what to start with?"
"ummm, errr, ..."

and not just hunting :D

although recently, i got it all covered i guess

"Alice? I want to start taming, how?"
"Ummm, errr,..."

well, or not :laugh:

lol

nice post ^^

Back