Mayhem Defense Mob Difficulty Compared To Annihilation. Would Love Some Help Or Insight.

Uncle Mo

Dominant
Stupid American. Only Speaks One Language.
Society
NIB Down
Luri UncleMo Nightshade
Hello all,

I'm a returning player from back in 2013 and it's awesome to be back. There's so many familiar faces.

At any rate, this is my first Mayhem event and I have some concerns and questions about the Defense Mode mobs like the Defense Eviscerator. I'm participating at Level 4. I practiced on plenty of the Annihilation mobs. I thought I'd give the Defense mode a punt as well. I'm surprised at the drastic increase in difficulty. My modest armour setup in Annihilation allows me to operate with very rarely needing to heal. After trying the Defense Mode I upgraded to some Perseus Armor with Pulsar 2 plates, and these things still manage to bypass that. I'm assuming they are also Stab, Cut, Electric, but I'm not certain. Can anyone confirm?

I was not expecting such a difference in the level of difficulty. I get that the mode is different and meant to be hard. Judging by the limited times posted so far, everyone is in the same boat. I wish I could have practiced this mode early on to theroycraft a bit.

Again, not complaining at all. I'm just hoping to hear some opinions from others on Defense Mode. Do you believe the mobs in your category are of the appropriate difficulty? I should also mention that I'm on the lower end for profession and health in Category 4, but it's what I qualify for so that's where I'm at. I'm at 26 Evader, 25 Dodger with 156 base health. Unfortunately my 48 combat professions put me in Cat 4. Perhaps I should be chipping out to qualify for Cat 3, but the way things were going during practice, it didn't occur for me to consider that option.

Great to see you all again and meet the newer players.

The defense modes are intended to be run with maximum buffs, enhancers and armor. That is pretty much how it draws the baseline for difficulty. Round 1 & 2 should be easy with sub-par gear/average gears and no pills, after that, you need to get some buffs and high DPS weapons.

The defense modes are intended to be run with maximum buffs, enhancers and armor. That is pretty much how it draws the baseline for difficulty. Round 1 & 2 should be easy with sub-par gear/average gears and no pills, after that, you need to get some buffs and high DPS weapons.

Right on. Yea round 3 is killer. Those players that put in so much time to skill and PED's to get awesome gear deserve a high-end competition.

The challenge in defense is real, and I actually love it.

But so is the lag, which straight up defeats the instance after 40 minutes.

Hello all,

I'm a returning player from back in 2013 and it's awesome to be back. There's so many familiar faces.

At any rate, this is my first Mayhem event and I have some concerns and questions about the Defense Mode mobs like the Defense Eviscerator. I'm participating at Level 4. I practiced on plenty of the Annihilation mobs. I thought I'd give the Defense mode a punt as well. I'm surprised at the drastic increase in difficulty. My modest armour setup in Annihilation allows me to operate with very rarely needing to heal. After trying the Defense Mode I upgraded to some Perseus Armor with Pulsar 2 plates, and these things still manage to bypass that. I'm assuming they are also Stab, Cut, Electric, but I'm not certain. Can anyone confirm?

I was not expecting such a difference in the level of difficulty. I get that the mode is different and meant to be hard. Judging by the limited times posted so far, everyone is in the same boat. I wish I could have practiced this mode early on to theroycraft a bit.

Again, not complaining at all. I'm just hoping to hear some opinions from others on Defense Mode. Do you believe the mobs in your category are of the appropriate difficulty? I should also mention that I'm on the lower end for profession and health in Category 4, but it's what I qualify for so that's where I'm at. I'm at 26 Evader, 25 Dodger with 156 base health. Unfortunately my 48 combat professions put me in Cat 4. Perhaps I should be chipping out to qualify for Cat 3, but the way things were going during practice, it didn't occur for me to consider that option.

Based on the limited knowledge I have it seems to me that the better Armor options for Defense would be (strongest to weakest):

1. Lich w/electric plates
2. Supremacy w/electric plates
3. Perseus w/electric plates

Perseus kind of works but it has low Burn and I'm not aware of any armor plate with decent amounts of both electric and burn so sadly it leaves you exposed to damage.

Rutuba has no Burn at all so it's worse than Perseus.

Pegasus has a decent amount of Electric but has low Impact/Cut/Stab so leaves you open to damage from Warlocks and others... But up to a certain Category level, Pegasus could work.

Gold Rush might be okay on the lower Category levels, I thought someone had a set for rent but can't remember who has it now.

Someone with more experience with Defense Mayhem please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers o/

Legends

Hello all,

Maybe some defense mobs have different damage profiles then annihilation mobs?

Based on the limited knowledge I have it seems to me that the better Armor options for Defense would be (strongest to weakest):

1. Lich w/electric plates
2. Supremacy w/electric plates
3. Perseus w/electric plates

Perseus kind of works but it has low Burn and I'm not aware of any armor plate with decent amounts of both electric and burn so sadly it leaves you exposed to damage.

Rutuba has no Burn at all so it's worse than Perseus.

Pegasus has a decent amount of Electric but has low Impact/Cut/Stab so leaves you open to damage from Warlocks and others... But up to a certain Category level, Pegasus could work.

Gold Rush might be okay on the lower Category levels, I thought someone had a set for rent but can't remember who has it now.

Someone with more experience with Defense Mayhem please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers o/

Legends

Right on. Yea I tried Perseus with Electric Plates. I may simply not be using big enough electric plates to mitigate the damage. The rest of the armours are more difficult to obtain of course.

Maybe some defense mobs have different damage profiles then annihilation mobs?

I'm sure you're right. It would be nice to know the exact damage makeup and level.

I cant give numbers and dont want to look at it because I dont run defense anymore (Please think about melee users too :( )
I remember that I did pretty well in Adj Vigi in Easter though :cool:
I'd guess there is some Pen/Burn on a few mobs.

Back