Suggestion: more way to get peds in to the game...

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Suggestion to Mindark - team up with various app developers like the folks behind the On My Way App that pays people to drive safely (makes sure your phone is locked and blocks incoming texts, etc. while you drive) https://onmyway.com/ and similar other apps that do likewise encouraging people to do safe stuff, etc. Allow cash made in such apps to buy peds in game. As it is now the cash in that app is used to buy gas cards, etc. It's basically a way to advertise to a bunch of folks you wouldn't normally advertise to.

They could also team up with companies that do
market researching and get some extra that way.

Or simply put up billboards with commercials.
Adds make money!

As long as some of this money goes into the lootpool, I don't mind to see a coca cola or nike advert spread out in the game.

Adds make money!

As long as some of this money goes into the lootpool, I don't mind to see a coca cola or nike advert spread out in the game.

Make it online cussin oh adverts...

Adds make money!

The day they start adding advertisement like this in game is the day I sell everything associated with my account and cash out.

The day they start adding advertisement like this in game is the day I sell everything associated with my account and cash out.

Why?
Even if some of it goes into the loot pool?

sell out then. It already existed many years ago, lol.

Why?
Even if some of it goes into the loot pool?

I don't play for the money. I play because I love the game. Corporate advertising would ruin that for me personally. To each their own I suppose.

sell out then. It already existed many years ago, lol.

:lolup: Individuals selling artwork is different from corporate advertising that we're already inundated with no matter which direction we turn in our day to day lives. Point out a Coca-Cola or Nike advert in game and I will absolutely sell out. Talk about an immersion breaker.

I don't play for the money. I play because I love the game. Corporate advertising would ruin that for me personally. To each their own I suppose.

:lolup: Individuals selling artwork is different from corporate advertising that we're already inundated with no matter which direction we turn in our day to day lives. Point out a Coca-Cola or Nike advert in game and I will absolutely sell out. Talk about an immersion breaker.

Modified Viceroy Skull Candy Edition

I am pretty sure when I started playing in vu9 there were billboards up advertising real world companies.

IMO that adds to the sci-fi feel as any 'real' sci-fi world like total recall or bladerunner would have.

This is a real cash economy MMO. It is supposed to blur the lines between fantasy and reality, that feeling has leeched away over the years and is a huge reason for the nostalgic quitters no longer playing.

Previously , the ingame advertising was an option within the Options menu. Those choosing to accept advertising visually and audio were subject to extra income of some type , though I never quite understood how this was measured.

I am pretty sure when I started playing in vu9 there were billboards up advertising real world companies.
There was a mcdonalds ad due to massive inc ads, and a few others but cannot remember off the top of my head what they were. They showed on the same global ad system that players can put content on. You actually had a little check box in client loader to allow to show ads or not, if you let them show you the ads is was supposed to add more to the loot pool for your avatar I believe, but not sure anyone ever tested it, etc.

Up until recently (some time after 2016 - may have been 2017 or 2018?) it was still on the website, etc. in phrases, but not in actuality... as Massive got bought by Microsoft and shut down shortly after that...

https://web.archive.org/web/20170726000804/http://legal.entropiauniverse.com/legal/privacypolicy.xml
Collaboration with other third parties

The Entropia Universe incorporates technology of Massive Incorporated ("Massive") that enables certain In-World objects (e.g. advertising) to be temporarily uploaded to your pc or console and replaced In-World while connected online. As part of that process, no personally identifiable information about you is collected and only select non-personally identifiable information is temporarily logged. No logged information is used to determine any personally identifiable information about you. For full details follow this link.

https://web.archive.org/web/2011031...calypso.com/guides/business-trade/advertising
You will also see real world advertising on Planet Calypso provided by Massive Incorporated. An option is included in the Client Loader to enable or disable these ads. However, enabling the ads allows access to higher loots. When you disable ads in the Client Loader you disable both colonist created ads and real world ads.

All the ads can be viewed on the Ad Display Boards located in all the major outposts on Calypso.

Massive went out of business in 2010 or so but Mindark still had this (which at the time was probably/possibly/could be interpreted as false advertising?) on their website as of 2016 or a bit later than that..

If Mindark would bring back an ad system like that that'd be ok too... just figured advertising in apps that are in other places might bring actual people in... instead of you know, making people want to go spend cash outside of the game elsewhere in that real world thing...

Last edited:

No good reason I see, just dumb principals. Clear!

Well, if MA puts in adverts to generate money which they can direct to marketing to get more players in, and to increase the loot pool, I'm more than willing to help you cash out and open the exit door for you.
1 out, 10 new players in. I'd say bye bye!!

Immersion breaker, lol :lolup:

How do you think the real scifi world would look like?
Well, the world will become one big billboard!!! How more immersive do you want it to be?

I agree with the premise of the original post, but I also respect the preferences of the individual previously posted who opposes the integration of ads ingame. As previously stated, the old system had a check mark system allowing you to choose whether or not to benefit from ads ingame. Such a system reintegrated would benefit those who desire it, as well as be able to be turned off by those who do not wish to be exposed to it.

Any way to reduce the toll taken on players without adverse effect to MindArk's business should be given significant consideration. Ads have the potential to significantly reduce the TT losses sustained by the players without cost to MA. This reduction in costs would lead to a stronger new player retention as well as increased activity from more seasoned players.

Last edited:
R*DBULL 5 (+20% Runspeed, +5% Reload Speed ...)
Marcus LuMa Lucius killed a creature worth 5000.00000PED sponsored by CocaCola

want more ideas, hire me MA

Any way to reduce the toll taken on players without adverse effect to MindArk's business should be given significant consideration. Ads have the potential to significantly reduce the TT losses sustained by the players without cost to MA. This reduction in costs would lead to a stronger new player retention as well as increased activity from more seasoned players.

You do have a very good point. I think many places folks indicate that losses typically are about 10% or so on average... i.e. you get back roughly 90%, etc. If ad revenue could be re-added somehow and it produced at least 12-15% that could be used to offset the loss, that'd be swell.

I still think the original idea to use other outside app partnerships to drive people in would be interesting. The on my way app that I mentioned originally pays you like 5 cents per mile if you drive. In return it blocks texts, and system sounds, etc. to make you less of a distracted driver. 5 cents isn't much, especially when the IRS allows you to do itemizations on mileage at a rate of 20 cents, etc., but it's something... and it adds up over time, especially if you commute daily.

The freebie 10 dollars they throw on when you sign up also is a nice little incentive. imagine something passive like that being able to be used to buy peds from inside of that app.

Imagine teaming up with other apps, etc. For instance I think there's some apps out there that let you do things like pay in to a wager system type of thing with a lot of other people to meet health goals over a month or whatever. Those that fail to meet the goals lose what they wagered. Those that meet their goals get that cash the others lost. Imagine something like that being able to be used to buy ped for Entropia Universe from inside of the app instead of having to rely on bank transfers at a huge loss to third parties, etc.

Lots of potential. Compets did fail, but it doesn't have to be the end of some sort of app integration or partnership?... Deep Token did fail, but it doesn't have to be the end of trying to figure out a new way to move funds in and out of the game for all ways except bank transfers, etc.

Last edited:
Marcus LuMa Lucius killed a creature worth 5000.00000PED sponsored by CocaCola

lol, I was just taking a shower and had the exact same thought!
:laugh:

The global add bonus!!

lol, I was just taking a shower and had the exact same thought!
:laugh:

The global add bonus!!

yeah why not. i dont care if the ped comes from a solala swe company (aka other playerz) or a f&b company. as long as i have my fun here.
honestly. who cares.

I know this sort of stuff is just mostly a pipe dream, but since Mindark's ability to use paypal for deposits and withdrawals isn't there any more, something needs to replace it.

P.S. While you are at it Mindark, how about completing those old projects promised a long while ago for the community - stuff like the Affiliate Program(s), Emissary program, etc.

A good start would be to stop alienating long-time players with retarded changes....

fEMrlsR.png

You do have a very good point. I think many places folks indicate that losses typically are about 10% or so on average... i.e. you get back roughly 90%, etc. If ad revenue could be re-added somehow and it produced at least 12-15% that could be used to offset the loss, that'd be swell.

I still think the original idea to use other outside app partnerships to drive people in would be interesting. The on my way app that I mentioned originally pays you like 5 cents per mile if you drive. In return it blocks texts, and system sounds, etc. to make you less of a distracted driver. 5 cents isn't much, especially when the IRS allows you to do itemizations on mileage at a rate of 20 cents, etc., but it's something... and it adds up over time, especially if you commute daily.

The freebie 10 dollars they throw on when you sign up also is a nice little incentive. imagine something passive like that being able to be used to buy peds from inside of that app.

Imagine teaming up with other apps, etc. For instance I think there's some apps out there that let you do things like pay in to a wager system type of thing with a lot of other people to meet health goals over a month or whatever. Those that fail to meet the goals lose what they wagered. Those that meet their goals get that cash the others lost. Imagine something like that being able to be used to buy ped for Entropia Universe from inside of the app instead of having to rely on bank transfers at a huge loss to third parties, etc.

Lots of potential. Compets did fail, but it doesn't have to be the end of some sort of app integration or partnership?... Deep Token did fail, but it doesn't have to be the end of trying to figure out a new way to move funds in and out of the game for all ways except bank transfers, etc.

Average losses are 2-5%, so improving loot by just 1-4% would be sufficient to make a significant difference.

Back