Glowbones and the Egg

aaattanasio

Young
Space, vast and webbed in dust and starlight, explodes, expanding ever faster into the trackless ranges of forever. Across those alien reaches, worlds abound, dimensions outrageous beyond all your fantasies. I am a traveler of those worlds, and I have come to Entropia Universe headlong out of infinity, eager for discovery and enterprise.

Greetings everybody! I am Glowbones, hunter of dreams.

I am here to collect your worlds’ most unique dreams. My ambitious quest began before time itself, when the universe entire fit into a space smaller than an atom. At the quantum event of the Big Bang, I hurtled into existence, flying through the matrix of all possible universes. Science calls me a Boltzmann Brain, a mind emerging spontaneously from the void. I call myself a dream hunter.

Wherever starlight weaves its bright tapestry of memory across the darkness, I search for other minds and their dreams. Mostly, I find emptiness. Scalar eternities of nothing fill whole universes. Hydrogen does not dream. The stars that burn hydrogen to helium do not dream.

Only in the haze of atoms exhaled by dying stars, in the incandescent smog of space, does life appear … and dream.

Dreaming is the rarest ore in the manifold universes. Coveted by a bizarre reality that opens far beyond human reckoning, dreams sell for delirious prices in higher dimensions. No matter to you. In your world, even the strongest dreams are considered disposable. I have moved unnoticed among you for years collecting the very best dreams, earning ridiculous wealth on the outskirts of infinity.

Yet now – now I must reveal myself, for I have recently detected the most unique dream ever in Entropia Universe! And I need your help to claim it. The fetus in the last Atrox Queen Egg has begun to dream.

I want to capture that incomparable dream.

I call myself Glowbones, because in your world only vertebrates dream. The blood blaze in the hollows of your bones -- your marrow, exothermically forging iron into blood -- powers your lives and your minds. Dreams ripple off you like heat. Every night when you fall asleep you experience mind as mirage, and that is the true reason why you act with such strenuous intensity during your waking hours. Only through action can you participate in the world. Thoughts and dreams vanish like smoke unless they inspire deeds.

Not so for me. I am a vacuum quantum fluctuation that has attained the status of an actual observer. I can occupy any form I wish. The rich, fathoming dreams of cetaceans carried me for millennia in the musical bodies of whales. Their dreams proved a big hit in 11-space. Less so the dreams I collected by pronking with gazelles on the veldt or preparing meals with hawks in the sky’s blue kitchen.

Seeking more valuable dreams, I’ve crouched in this human body, intersecting with a dream monger, author A. A. Attanasio. Across oblique time, the radiant warmth of his bones fixes me to the hominid continuum and, in return for letting me use his psychophysical form to collect dreams, I show him the secret corridors between presence and absence, reality and dream, this world and the many. We’ve recorded some of our adventures in the novels they inspired.

A A Attanasio-Glowbones met Neverdie on a planet basking in grotesque rays from the naked singularity of an open black hole. That was long ago. Fate scripted an alliance for us on battleslopes of other dimensions, slaying ghouls and devils invading from a holographic empire of inverse time. War forged our sympathies and many subsequent adventures deepened our friendship. So, when I sensed the ultimate dream in the Egg of the last Queen Atrox, I sought Neverdie’s help in seizing it at all costs.

The broken days of the Egg’s mateless destiny find wholeness nowhere in this world. That is the Egg’s secret. It is secret because humans are enchanted by spacetime. You do not perceive the other worlds floating right in front of you.

That is why the vibrations of the Egg are so powerful, not just for me but for anyone who grasps this secret: These vibrations resonate with other Queen Atrox Eggs – in parallel universes where this Egg is not the last.

I hear those dreams in the vibrations of the Egg. I am a Boltzmann Brain, and I hear into the archon dimensions that make the worlds. I sense the ghost swarm of Queen Atrox Eggs on nearby D-branes, distant from us by only fractional metrics, the thinnest veil of 5-space, yet a veil totally opaque to human perception.

Like the sonics of a bat, these soundings from parallel worlds create a hyperdimensional image in my Boltzmann Brain. My caliper mind measures contours of probability and the illusory order of time, and I can use the Egg’s vibrations to find and map connections between Entropia Universe and the most helpful parallel worlds – such as alternate histories with wormhole engines!

Then, the Egg will become a way to travel instantly through Space!

But first, we must find the worlds with those engines – and to do that we need each other. I can feel inside the vibrations of the Egg – I can feel a dream-network of Queen Atrox Eggs in parallel worlds – and by that feeling I can plumb the boundaries between Entropia and the wormhole worlds. I know what we can do to narrow those boundaries and eventually open them.

And I have a motive. I want the dream of the last unborn Queen Atrox. But, because there are no others of these unborn dreamers in this world, this one is impacted in the ghost swarm of dreaming Eggs in other worlds. It is far too big a dream for me to handle alone.

And so, I have come before you to recruit adventurers. To open a passage to a parallel world with wormhole technology and to free the dream I desire, we must carry light into the perilous darkness of this world and shift the shape of things with skillful action. Like dreams, skills pulse with hyperdimensional force. Applied to risk and adventure, skills (and all actions pearled with accomplishment) change reality in every dimension.

I calculate that if enough heroes of Entropia complete Seven Skillful Quests, the Unique Queen Atrox Egg will open a portal to a domain of preposterous power.

The portal will stay open only briefly; just long enough for me to collect the last Queen Atrox dream – and for one champion among you to claim a remarkable power object as it crosses over from an alternate history!

The pivotal moment between worlds will not last long. Only one object will come through. This burdens my Boltzmann Brain with the responsibility of rewarding only one of the many whose help I need. But that one, that champion, will possess a glorious prize: Snared by the collective skill-force of the Seven Quests, whatever materializes in our world will incarnate prodigal Skill. Even my Boltzmann Brain has no idea what that thing may be: a weapon, remarkable armor, a transport device – but it will be extraordinary.

So, how to determine the champion?

Your champion will be the one who first assembles the Conjury – the seven letter password forged by the Seven Quests. Each of the Skill Quests carries light into the perilous dark of the world and illuminates one letter in the Secret Mind, the mind of extra dimensions, the shadow-side of my Boltzmann Brain. That is the part of me that knows what I don’t know. In each of the many worlds, it knows the champion. It will give that individual the password and the right to claim whatever Skillful Object we snare from the parallel worlds of wormhole tech.

Here in Club Neverdie, the Champion could be any one of you who perseveres through all seven of the Skillful Quests. Every daring one who completes a Skill Quest receives a Letter of the Conjury. Only the first to pass each test will receive the letter in the order that it belongs. The others who pass the tests will receive the correct letters jumbled. Whoever holds all seven letters in the sequence that spells the Conjury takes the swag from another world!

To Neverdie, whose Asteroid hosts this cosmic undertaking, I leave oversight of the search for Heroes and management of the Trials. For my part, I will commence each Skill Quest with a brief trance narration from within the vibrations of the last Atrox Queen Egg. My Boltzmann Brain will describe the significance of your forays among the alternate worlds – and leave the outcome to you.

||||

The First Skill Quest: Strength

At the exact center of the Asteroid, a cavern large as a basilica holds the Unique Atrox Queen Egg floating in midair. The cancelled gravity of the enclosing mass of the Asteroid suspends the Egg perfectly still. Captured by freefall, the green ovoid radiates a lurid aura. It creases space with textured light, reflecting rays from lux spheres embedded among ribbed walls of the massive stone cavity.

The nitrogen-rich air supplied to warm the chamber quivers with the Egg’s vibrations. Limp in a sling-seat, my body watches. I am alone on an observation platform that Neverdie constructed in this colossal grotto of convoluted rock. While my human form feels the pulsating presence of the Egg, my Boltzmann Brain peers into these vibrations to see resonance patterns with geometric clarity as if fitting my gaze to a gemstone’s inner facets. Folded light constructs radiant origami figures: visions of entities in the higher dimensions.

Authorized by this deep sight, I identify Dome 2 as the staging area of an alien invasion. These aliens are the Triloki, ineffable creatures of Inverse Time invisible to the human eye and at war with the Demesne, a squalid race of giant amoebic virus shedders pumping out tech civilizations across the galaxy for 11 billion years. Entropia is a remote sector of this cosmic conflict, an obscure skirmish amidst the warfields of the worlds. And the malign creatures in Dome 2 advance as pawns for the Triloki:

Directed by their masters from Inverse Time, acid spewing Fungoids and Snablesnot conspire in Dome 2 to infect our population with contagions that will weaken any hope of defense against an impending invasion by Triloki shock troops. These Mobs are the vanguard force of an alien army that intends to open a battlefront on Calypso – unless they are stopped here.

Defeating these prodigies of violence will set back the Triloki – and their retreat through Inverse Time will help thin the hyperdimensional boundary between Entropia Universe and an alternate history of wormhole engineering. Fight skillfully! And excel as warriors against these demoniacal enemies scornful of humanity! The strength you bring to bear now will shape worlds.

Last edited:
welcome to CND Glowbones!

No doubt it was a long journey to finally
reach the rock. Count on me for anything u need.

I'm honored and humbled to have you as our guest.

So had this anything to do with that massive event MA was planning? ;)
Or just a series of player made events with a pretty description?

The blood blaze in the hollows of your bones powers your minds.
Huh? :silly2:

Glowbones and I go way back... together we are exploring the mysteries of the Egg. At this time there is no Governmental or Mindark involvement in our endeavours, they however as well as you are welcome to participate in our Adventures.

My interest is peaked with wonderment as to if/how I can become part of the "Magnificent Seven" :D

Selling : Chemically-Induced Halucinations : TT + 310,000 ped BO.

Seriously tho, welcome to Calypso and it's associated Satellites Glowbones and A.A.Attanasio, and also to your superb grasp of our language which has allowed you to weave an interesting tale of a very exciting and promising sounding forthcoming event...

It is my sincere wish that we humble colonists may soon be fortunate enough to hear, or read, further diatribe and description on this fascinating subject that we may better understand the exact nature of what is to come...

I, for one, am always up for a good fight.

Especially if there's prizes. Sorry, A Prize.

But a Big One.

Apparently..

Just tell me When, Where and What. I'll bring the Why and the How...

Welcome to Entropia! Hmmm the Magnificent Seven? Sign me up for the Seven Skillful Quests!

Jamhot

You have my undivided attention. I'll be very interested to see how this plays out. Even if I'm far too noobish to be part of the "Magnificent Seven," I'll certainly be following this one closely.
Morganna, The Wandering Noob

Ya, Im in too. If you'll have my noob ass. Now what do I gotta do?:D

Blackjack :cowboy:

Quests? My curiosity is piqued, count me in!

Add me too .... I need something to kickstart my 'motivation chip' again...

Now, just what have I been added too again???

Rookie ...

Dude, send me your pusher's mobile ... I want some of the stuff he's selling you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i may not be as skillfull as some but my adventures have taken me to the far flung reaches of calypso. ive been puzzling over the egg of some time as u may of guest buy the amount of posts i have put on the egg threads and i have try to find out as much as i can about the uniques items such as the knife the Axe the super power full heal chip and other bits an peaces i have come across on my travels. exploring space has always been a Passion.

i would be more then honored to join u on your quest

after all knowledge is the greatest weapon

Last edited:
My blade is worn out and about to break. My hand is shaky, my knowledge limited. But i won't ever ask myself if i'm skilled enough to fullfil this chalenge...

Because a legend is about to be writen. And if my name probably won't be a part of it, my memory will.

It's not about the destination it's about the journey...

Alex Castor danton

I will create a seperate Event Thread after Glowbones has managed to gain a complete understand of the nature of the 1st Skill Quest.

i've heard about swome guy looting/buying a quest thing but apart from that haven't heard much about it ive looked though the forum key word quest in a hope of some1 doing a post on it been nothing does an 1 no his/her name

Glowbones and I go way back... together we are exploring the mysteries of the Egg. At this time there is no Governmental or Mindark involvement in our endeavours, they however as well as you are welcome to participate in our Adventures.

Should I be getting a ticket up to CND soon if I want to be involved in this? :)

cat man i dont think the quests will be on CND after all any1 could have bought the egg

I will create a seperate Event Thread after Glowbones has managed to gain a complete understand of the nature of the 1st Skill Quest.

We need to wait and watch for ND to start the above mentioned thread :)

this is a Player Run Event not an official MA Event.

Quests will be at CND.

ive been doing some research on the seven skillfull quests and well i cant find anything about a quest map or something along them lines being sold or looted so i asked around found some really old players no 1 seems to have heard about it. yet I'm so sure i have read about it myself somewere a while back

ahh ic this is a player run event i thought u thought completing these quest would open the egg and thats why u were doing it but it stead u are doing it to make more money at CND lol no wonder i couldn't find the quests any were i thought they were real things sold to a player long ago

Last edited:
few events actualy make money in themselves, mostly they add to the overall excitement of visiting CND. But Glowbones visit to CND is a creative exploration of the possibilities of the Egg.... We are the citizens of Entropia universe and we shape its future and fill its history...

The Egg is a magical Fantastic item that has tremendous symbolic significance, there are more things to do with it than just Click on it or try to put it inside a refiner...

In my case I have placed it in the Hands of Glowbones a Boltzmaann Brain who is able to discern things many of us are not sensitive enough to pick up on...

Where this leads us I dont know except that Im going with or without ya!

And nowhere does it say who solves the quest gets what comes out of the EGG!

Whoever solves the Quest will get a Prize, not sure what it is at this time, much will depend on the level of inspiration Glowbones gains from his endeavours and from the energy and enthusiasm of this community...

Last edited:
i like to think us as entropians are in control of are own future as well

im with u all the way

The portal will stay open only briefly; just long enough for me to collect the last Queen Atrox dream – and for one champion among you to claim a remarkable power object as it crosses over from an alternate history!

sry ND miss read this

NP :) I might have wondered the same thing.

i hope pilot will make themselves available when the event is about to start i'll be really upset if i stay stuck on calypso ....

Well i guess i might pack my things and go a little earlier to CND before people rush in :D

Count me in, Sir Glow Bones!!!

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

Back