Question: Mining probe sounds

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
I've had this off an one for years now where sometimes when I drop probes, I'll get the sound associated with it. Other times, I can log in and there's no sound from the probe and nothing else for sound unless I hit a claim. Everything else works fine in other areas for sound, and the only way to fix this I've tried is to log out and log back in (though that doens't always work).

Does anyone else run into this or have any heard of it's something in the settings on the user end to check?

I've had this same issue for years. One time I made a bug report support ticket about it but nothing came of it. A pity because the sound of dropping probes is a really cool sound!

Found a fix for this. When there's no sound from dropping probes, go to options->sound->disable all sounds. You need only to check this for half a second then uncheck it and you should get mining sound again.

Found a fix for this. When there's no sound from dropping probes, go to options->sound->disable all sounds. You need only to check this for half a second then uncheck it and you should get mining sound again.

sigh lol MA isn't even embarrassed

You know, if they wanted to do a really quick workaround without using up time to find the actual cause, MA could just automatically have the sound cycle like this once at login before lack of sound would even be noticed. Problem solved, on to the next crisis?

Funny story on this.. I am heavily influenced by ASMR. One of those "special people". The sounds that probe drops make triggers an ASMR response for me.

I have had this issue often and is disappointing. I would like the beep beep beep beep to go away though. :D

Back