a 10k biding mistake

baron topper

Old Alpha
Society
Danish Society
baron topper
hi i am joining the group for making another grave biding mistake. to day i accidentality offered to by a painting for 10078 peds, on the auction. 10k more then i wood have. a slip of my finger. i haw written, to the seller Zeipher Treihop Prodig. i hope hi calls me back for a solution. and if there is any one out there that know him plz let me know.

Baron topper.

Last edited:
I hope You get in contact with the individual and get the "slip of the finger" sorted. Fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear man, I assume you thought the opening bid was BO and quickly bid your full ped card for it. I almost done that a few times myself. So I normally tend to avoid sorting auction by SB, instead i sort by BO. So I am aware that i won't bid my full ped card on something.

Your chance of recovering these peds are about as slim as getting an ATH in-game since "all trades are final". But I hope you get some of it back, at least. Gl.

Ouch, slips at auction are a pain. In this case the seller hasnt done anything wrong at all so there's no way MA will interfere. These things can hopefully be solved by buyer and seller but tbh i would have been a bit annoyed by your msg since when i read it you offer an extra 20 ped on top of startbid for him to return 10k in good will? And you mention contacting MA as if they would take your side in the mistake?

Such a mistake and appealing to the good will of the seller, i would assume a more humble approach.

Nevertheless i hope you sort it out with the seller.

Sorry to hear. That is quite The slip up. There is no specified BO and you would of had to physically changed the fifth digit to a 1 as that clearly is not your whole ped card.

if that is still the original Prodiq, then you shouldnt be too worried. The Prodiq i remember was an honorable gentleman.

if that is still the original Prodiq, then you shouldnt be too worried. The Prodiq i remember was an honorable gentleman.

Yeah, I don't think this should be a problem.

There is still some nice ppl around +Rep to Prodiq glad to se :wtg:

filter your fucking auction by buyout from low to high and this will never happen - stop being lazy people.

Don't worry, add me ingame and we fix this ?

hi and thank you weary much for responding so fast, i haw sent a friends request to you in game. :thumbup:

Baron Topper

hi and thank you weary much for responding so fast, i haw sent a friends request to you in game. :thumbup:

Baron Topper
Very nice, you got very lucky. Gratz!

It's very rare to see such good people doing the right thing.

You have literally just won a 10k ped uber. Better tip him gooooooooood.:yay:

You have literally just won a 10k ped uber. Better tip him gooooooooood.:yay:

...after losing 10k, and the tip has to be paid too. :laugh:

but great if it's sorted out! :yay:

Must +rep good people! :yup:

Prodiq is the best!!!

May be a fairly simple way to solve a lot of these cock ups

Could we just get a retract my bid button? Its on most other auction platforms

Yes this could work, but only if its retracted in about max 5 minutes or so.

back in the days i used to keep the peds in storage, i do even now

May be a fairly simple way to solve a lot of these cock ups

Could we just get a retract my bid button? Its on most other auction platforms

Unfortunately this isn't really fair and could be abused, since the retracted bid potentially blocked bids from other players with a legitimate interest.

I'm glad to see this situation was resolved, much rep to Prodiq for being awesome !

Unfortunately this isn't really fair and could be abused, since the retracted bid potentially blocked bids from other players with a legitimate interest.

To avoid abuse rules could be set e.g. retract button will not work within last 6 hours of auction end time. Also retract can only work within 10 mins of a bid being placed. This could resolve most of these errors and keep it fair.

I guess I’m the only one wondering why such a high BO in the first place.

It’s great he let the poor guy out of the trap, though.

Back