Whats your worst moment, most epic fail in EU??

Kitch

Prowler
When you wanted to rage quit, when you wanted to cry whatever really :p

Mine was accidently selling 2 clds for the price of one :'( and getting looted in space :'(

anyone got some horror storys?

thanks!

^_^

Buying a hangar for 120k right before space came and MA sold motherships, i got ~80k for that hangar + ship + thruster, never thought about rage quitting then but was very sad.

Interesting thread.

I think nothing tops the TT'ed UL oa105 for worst moment/biggest fail :silly2:

My own worst moment/fail:
Chipped out almost all skills few years ago. I kick myself in the face everyday for doing that. :smash:

I was sniping auction when i was very tired, i almost bidded 13k ped on a cb13(L) worth like 100 ped. That could be really awfull when i hitted the accept button... Had a 6 months break after that "almost' mistake.:)

selling my skills

where to start?

For me personally, it's been frustrations with estates as well as frustration with myself for TTing more stuff than I should when I didn't have peds on hand... Probably the only avatar that over time has TTed a full set of ghost and gremlin with all 6a and 5b plates as well as a UL loughlin, katsuichi determination, ul masher 1, ul embra c1, among other things...

Another big frustration is the ol admittance by Mindark support that they allow multiple avatars and then watching them continue to allow them as they were reported over time again and again and again...

Looking back in the ol gallery, not all of these made me want to quit, but all of them just sort of made me roll my eyes at the way this game is run and think twice about how much effort the devs put in to our well being in game...

Starting to play.

honestly, i am not just saying this.

I wish I did not start playing this game.

Compared to my worst online poker moments, nothing in EU comes near. Then again, compared to my best online poker moments, nothing in EU comes near ;)

Dunno, I guess strop-mining with huge amps or strop-crafting on condition, or blindly hof-hunting on mobs I know I'm -ve EV on. They're probably my worst decisions. Buying an UL SIB gun right before the market prices crashed was probably the mostly costly decision, but without the benefit of hindsight that one was hard to see, and I recouped quite a lot of the loss through shooting the gun.

Starting to play.

You can't change what you've done, only what you're going to do.

Interesting thread.

I think nothing tops the TT'ed UL oa105 for worst moment/biggest fail :silly2:

My own worst moment/fail:
Chipped out almost all skills few years ago. I kick myself in the face everyday for doing that. :smash:

don't worry ive met a few people who did that then decided to come back ..

At friends house for weekend - playing EU on my laptop. Friends son is watching me over my shoulder on eviscerators. Forlorn look on his face - I can tell he wants a a go. I let him play. I am keeping my eye on him for about 15 minutes thinking when the run is over I will log off.

Friend call me to help bring in shopping, so I go to help but one of the children has not closed the gate and the horse has escaped...

....bet you can guess where this is going

... we spend 20 minutes getting the horse back, by which time I have forgotten about game and we sit down outside for a well earned Beer.

About an hour later I stroll back inside and notice the game has timed out, no one sat in chair so close laptop and dont go online again until i go back home.

So 2 days l log back on and no ped, no stackables. After a gentle phone call - friends son says he repaired stuff cos the gun broke and he didnt know which on to repair, so repaired all (UL) guns and amps to max.

Also I explained about clicking on dead mob to get loot to which he responded, I just shot them till they died.

So all (UL) weapons and amps at max TT - no ped for ammo and no loot to sell.

IF YOU MUST LET OTHERS PLAY YOUR ACCOUNT DO NOT LEAVE THE ROOM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My worst moment in Entropia Universe would be the launch of VU.10.
So far Entropia Universe has never gained its former glory back, just a shadow remains
of a once so great universe.

Because of this many good friends left, that hurt the most.

Me making mistakes in the game doesn't even compare much to this. :laugh:

using the thousandth place up arrow button to "buy out" something.

selling my 5b's few months ago.. dang they're costy now

So far Entropia Universe has never gained its former glory back, just a shadow remains

I have to fall in line with this.

Also I explained about clicking on dead mob to get loot to which he responded, I just shot them till they died.

That's a bad strategy :laugh:

TTed a rutik kill UL and a kilik vass UL few month before the 50% TT reduction

was short on peds, these swords had near 8k peds in blocked TT in and no MU, tried to sold them.... finally tted

Since this day I hate this game more than the time I lost my first deposit

tbh I'm not sure I've ever got to that point. I just don't spend / risk enough in EU to worry about it but then I haven't deposited in years (personal choice rather than not needing to). What I spend in EU over a year would probably cover some players 1-2 days at best.

I agree with Mariko to some degree but I'd also add when they decided to make mobs harder by adjusting HP. EU went down hill when they started dropping weapons with tt values in the thousands of ped range.

edit: Well there was one time I tt'd a fap thinking it was a low end one while I was on CP and the when I needed it I realised I'd tt'd the one I needed and didn't have a spare other than a low end one I'd meant to tt.

Or when I sold a Justifier Mk2 a week before they adjusted Opalo's so I couldn't use an A104 on them.

Oh and the time I bid on a female gremlin harness thinking it was a male, thankfully someone out bid me.

I think that's it.

Last edited:
Club Calypto

Fundamentally good project. But the management was complete garbage. Unsalvageable.

not my own, but my soc mate's worst EU moment, I bet it was this very morning... since he does not post often, I think I can share his "epic fail".

he makes key 10 runs in arkadia like crazy, i bet you have seen him hoffing in rares almost daily ("kike" is his name). well, this morning, when he was just about to start looting the boxes, dang!... internet outage... 1.4k peds down the drain :(

so, let this story serve as a warning too, for those avid "instance" players.

#1.
I joined the game in Jan 2005 and didn't realize until too late that I should have bought a mod merc, mod fap, imk2 while they were relatively affordable, I could have bought all those and some good armor too. I just didn't realize at the time that I needed to do it and nobody said, hey mac, if you got the money, you better buy these now! I didn't see the price escalation that would come and could have been much more in front of it.

#2.
Didn't take advantage of all the ways to accelerate skilling up my avatar. I didn't realize how important it would later be to be skilled enough to max everything down the road. I was taking the "natural" skilling path, skills were just what you got while you were doing everything else. Had I had the forsight, I could have been one of the top skilled avatars today maxing all my weapons, giving me more options, and having the ability to craft whatever I wanted.

#3.
Somewhere around mid 2006 I was getting extremely frustrated by the bugs, nerfs, item price speculation, escalating cost to play, Land Grab fail, dying because of lag because fap wouldn't fap and you would die. Rubber Banding, game crashing all the time. Just so many frustrations, all the time. I think I've forgotten more than I can remember about all the things that seemed to be going on that were pissing me off. All those things and more that were driving my friends away from here and who were playing other games and requesting my participation there, not here, and they were having fun, and only paying $14.99 a month! It seemed like every time I logged in it was something else to piss me off even more than before, and it was becoming more and more frequent. And that Marco guy, "its dynamic, its dynamic, its dynamic..." He was very annoying. I was having fantasies of bad things happening to him. I was just in a bad mood all the time. It just wasn't fun anymore, at all.

I tried so many things and got the same results, it was costing me a lot of money to keep playing, I didn't want to spend all that money in here chasing HOFs and ATHs that I never got. I remember my best friend and I had spent weeks up at CP in Dome 4 chasing ATH, every night we were there globaling, getting small globals , no items, small hofs, and someone got an ATH off a Weak. We were like "fuck this" and left. That was it, no more expensive hof chasing for us.

I had two LAs and I was having a hard time getting fertilizer to keep them going, it was like a constant thing to log into the game and spend my time just trying to find fertilizer to keep my DNA up and not let it get unlocked, and that was pissing me off, that was taking time and money that I didn't want to spend. We didn't have event management system at that time. I didn't have time to try and put together events and try and run them and I could see was that it was costing me more money than I was making to run some silly screen shot event that every one else was also doing, we didn't have missions then, we didn't have TPs to by or custom messages, r shop cans, and people didn't have vehicles to fly around, or any of that stuff they have now. I was competing with NEVERDIE's hot new Asteroid and Deathifier's big LA and the return was just not worth the effort.

With all that going on, I was really questioning how much longer the game could last, I just couldn't see how it could last with all of these problems. I just couldn't see how people would keep playing and investing with all of these problems. One day I just had enough. I made up my mind to stop. I sold all my stuff and chipped out with the idea that if I didn't have a reason to come back, I wouldn't. I didn't want to. I was mad at MA for what I considered mis-management of this world I had been so excited about before, and now I was angry at all the time, so I didn't want to give them any more of my money. I sold out with a nice profit and left.

It took me 4 years of logging in just saying hi to friends and keeping my avatar alive before I would come back and play some.

Hindsight is 20/20, the game is still here, things are more stable, there's a lot more features that people have been asking for, for a long time, the cost to play is based on how much you want to spend.

I should have taken peoples advice and kept my skills, my items, and my LAs and just logged out and stayed out until I cooled off and MA did more work on the game. By selling my LAs, I lost all the opportunity I had to collect some minimum amount of peds over the years. My items would still be worth more than I paid for them even after they had fallen in value over the years. I wouldn't be having to "skill up" again.

#4.

I came back briefly after the new game engine and bought an imp fap and i2870 because I never had them before and I wanted to experience what it was like to have them. I then promptly got bored and annoyed again at the game and sold them and took the money out. Right at that time, MA came out with CLDs, but I had no interest in looking into it, again I just wanted to get my money out and do something else. Again, in hindsight, I should have invested that money in CLDs and just let it ride while I went to my corner for a time out.

#5.

Whatever else I do in the future. My track record hasn't been too good! I may look back at the money I've re-invested now to get my skills back as epic fail. I guess we'll see :)

The moment I was really close to quitting was after I lost everything I had falling for the armor upgrade scam. I was only starting out and total value was about 600ped but it was still a very hard knock to take :D

Starting to play.

^agreed

Compared to my worst online poker moments, nothing in EU comes near. Then again, compared to my best online poker moments, nothing in EU comes near ;)
^agreed

^agreed

My worst moment happend last weekend on Sunday. The Purger. I lost everything I had just gained the day before and the days before that. Spending 100's of peds in ammo and getting 1 ped back in loot hurts alot. To me atleast.

I also TT'ed a KArma Killer many years ago Because I was so tired..:laugh:

Not total fail but the most frustrating one

Seeing the second Imp Fap looted under my nose , thats the all time for me

Top on the list; was playing this game to begin with.

2nd on list; losing around 7000 to 8000 ped in gear value. The one that hurt the most was selling my LR32 MOD gun for TT+5000 when I first bought it at TT+8700, plus tiering costs TT+9k value. With people giving value estimations around TT+3000. Then two months later the 3% condition rule came into power. I was most gutted when this happened and this made me almost rage quit the game.

3rd on list; losing 4000ped on very big ass mobs, levi and atrox queens 2k each.

4th on list; Hired PK'er for CALYPTO, worst mistake I ever made, the backslash alone was troublesome. I spent almost 2 years keeping my nose clean and from CALYPTO also. To get some credibility and rep back.

5th on list; getting some friends to actually play this game. Some have left now.

Top on the list; was playing this game to begin with.

2nd on list; losing around 7000 to 8000 ped in gear value. The one that hurt the most was selling my LR32 MOD gun for TT+5000 when I first bought it at TT+8700, plus tiering costs TT+9k value. With people giving value estimations around TT+3000. Then two months later the 3% condition rule came into power. I was most gutted when this happened and this made me almost rage quit the game.

3rd on list; losing 4000ped on very big ass mobs, levi and atrox queens 2k each.

4th on list; Hired PK'er for CALYPTO, worst mistake I ever made, the backslash alone was troublesome. I spent almost 2 years keeping my nose clean and from CALYPTO also. To get some credibility and rep back.

5th on list; getting some friends to actually play this game. Some have left now.

Oi m8 I woulda killed him for free :laugh:

1) 14 level 13 amps on foma with only 1 hit

2) Losing 3k in space.

3) thinking Jon moe snow would pay a 100k ped bet when he lost.

4) having MA "fix" mining and putting lyst on my LA and turning up the belk drop rate

Besides that great game and good fun

That I didn't continue dropping bombs and probes like mad after I had that first tower when the "all mining finds are towers"-bug happened. At least one guy got - I think it was - three towers. Stoopid me was overwhelmed by my first tower, took a screenshot and posted it and by the time I was going to drop my next probe, somebody at MA had shut down the server already...:laugh:

Lost time, abandoned relationships, damaged eyesight, decaying posture, emotional stress, mental exhaustion, amused to death.

Starting it all, I guess?
I never expected that I will some day need inheritance arrangements for a game.

lol, games come and go but this makes sure that I will never completely quit gaming.

Back