Reputation Rankings & User Titles

reputation_redh.gif
-250 Points each (unverified)
reputation_red.gif
-150 Points each (unverified)
reputation_grey.gif
0 Points (exactly 0 only)

added to first post

Sooo... you get 1 point for each +rep you get? Or?
If so... omg... 10k rep points? :D

Im only provider... (Going out to get an elephant..)

Sooo... you get 1 point for each +rep you get? Or?
If so... omg... 10k rep points? :D

No, the more rep you have, the more rep points you give out when you give rep to someone. So receiving a rep from someone with a lot of rep will carry more impact than receiving a rep from someone with low rep.

No, the more rep you have, the more rep points you give out when you give rep to someone. So receiving a rep from someone with a lot of rep will carry more impact than receiving a rep from someone with low rep.

Ditto ...

BTW .. how many Rep Points are given from an Uber ( 10k rep Star ) like you Jimmy ?

20-30 ? :scratch2:

You can test on me btw
:D

Last edited:
Nice collecting all this info.. thx ;)

Now check ... how many you get from a Gold (purple) Star ... although Lykke's would probably be more! :D

Feel free to use me as guineapig...anyone else???

:cool:

Oh, never been reped from lykke btw...

I think it differs, tried to get some data on that, too, but it seems +repping someone you've recently +repped doesn't give that much points anymore.

(the biggest effect seemed a +rep for someone you've -repped before)

Now that this is turning into Limneas private rep farming thread...

Care to share all of the results? ;)

Maybe along with the reputation from those who +repped you?

kk, here we go:

246 befor Levithanikos reped me
267 after he did so

So he gave me 21 points

After MS9 reped me I had

292 rep points

So she gave me 25..as I posted above

Now check ... how many you get from a Gold (purple) Star ... although Lykke's would probably be more! :D

Nunrep is the best rep, but there ain't nuthin wrong with a little purple rep either!:laugh:

One of these days I too will be a rep star!!!!
Blackjack :cowboy:

hmmmmm i dont think i ever be that high because most off the time i can spend online it is ingame :):yay:

You get a +rep from me for having that star now ;)

wonders how long it will take till I'll be a slayer :D

There was a bit confusion with the Prowler -> Stalker titles, solved it today, someone changed his user title to a custom "Prowler" and should have been Stalker already...

Don't ask me why anyone would do that, maybe he did that as a Hatchling already and forgot to change it? How lame... maybe the person in question cares to comment? :laugh:

Not going to reveal the name *cough*star*cough* though :D

Oh well, consider this a bump, haven't found out yet how to bribe Jimmy B. into making it sticky... ;)

hmmmmm i dont think i ever be that high because most off the time i can spend online it is ingame :):yay:

Amen! Can i chip out & sell + reps? Didn't think so....honestly why do people give a flying rats arse about this crap???

Amen! Can i chip out & sell + reps? Didn't think so....honestly why do people give a flying rats arse about this crap???

I'd probably think the same thing if I only had one rep-bar going with that longevity bar :D:D:D

SCNR

There was a bit confusion with the Prowler -> Stalker titles, solved it today, someone changed his user title to a custom "Prowler" and should have been Stalker already...

Don't ask me why anyone would do that, maybe he did that as a Hatchling already and forgot to change it? How lame... maybe the person in question cares to comment? :laugh:

Not going to reveal the name *cough*star*cough* though :D

Oh well, consider this a bump, haven't found out yet how to bribe Jimmy B. into making it sticky... ;)

Well, why do men put socks in their trousers...doesn't make sence to me either :p
(Luckily I never found socks while undressing someone...dunno what I would have done...)

Hmmm.. well no I don't believe you can 'cash out' status/rep etc. on EU forum...

But for many, 'cashing out' is not the sole reason they play EU (or any other 'game' for that matter) anyway.

The rep/longevity/activity/titles etc. available on EU can be positive for many individuals in many different ways.

For some people it may give them another way to 'achieve' in EU without spending endless peds and while exerting their creativity, gaining a new perspective, learning or sharing the knowledge they have accumulated.

It can also be viewed as a basic 'ratings' system. ie. If a gold star individual gave me some advice, I may be more inclined to trust the validity of that advice knowing their status on EU forum. (just a random example here.. not my personal reasoning.. as you can see, I am FAR from being a credible member if people were to view my posts based purely on my current EU 'status' ;) )

For me, EU forum has essentially become an added aspect to my EU 'gameplay'. For example, I often peruse the forum when I am having a terrible losing streak in EU.. I will come to forum, read something that makes me laugh or gives me a different perspective and therefore often sends me back into EU with added motivation and an improved outlook.

Similarly, receiving or giving rep.. or even just seeing my pitiful activity/longevity bar move along it's track, tends to give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Make of it what you will.. but my point in essence is that I personally feel the current rep/title/longevity/activity etc. etc. system on EU Forum has many many positives, most likely seen and experienced in many different ways by the many different characters that use EU Forum to enhance their EU experience..
In my opinion.. how can that be a bad thing? ;)

That said.. you're more than welcome not to care less about your personal ratings and they don't restrict you in any way (ie. if you can't get online and your 'status' here is fairly unimpressive... no need to worry.. you're still more than welcome to learn, advise and participate in every aspect of the forum as you are
:yay:

Aly

(PS: please excuse the grammer.. long day :D )

I'd probably think the same thing if I only had one rep-bar going with that longevity bar :D:D:D

SCNR

You point went sailing way over your head! I use the forum because it is a useful tool with a lot of good information contained within it.
That's where it begins & ends for me.

A lot of superfluous drivel gets posted by what i call forum whores because the rep & ranking system perpetuates it.
I care not if i receive + or - rep...in fact i couldn't even tell you if i've ever had either.

There's enough arse licking & wind being blown up peoples bums ingame let alone encouraging another platform for this tedious ego driven school kiddie crap to extend beyond...yaaaawn ;)

wow thanks for such great information :) GJ +rep

Oops

Forgot the important part.. :ahh:

+rep to thread creator.. this was one of those 'hmm wonder how that worked' things :)

nicely done

Am I the only one who saw that someone STARted with faking his custom user title to get higher reputation???

You point went sailing way over your head! I use the forum because it is a useful tool with a lot of good information contained within it.

A lot of superfluous drivel gets posted by what i call forum whores because the rep & ranking system perpetuates it.
I care not if i receive + or - rep...in fact i couldn't even tell you if i've ever had either.

There's enough arse licking & wind being blown up peoples bums ingame let alone encouraging another platform for this tedious ego driven school kiddie crap to extend beyond...yaaaawn ;)

All you say in this post is true of course.

But then again I had posted the three :Ds and "SCNR" afterwards which would mean that it was just a funny coincidence to see that post of yours and your stats on the left.

And since you don't seem to care about +reps I'll just give you that. But note that I have put a webcam in your room and I'll see the dancing that you do and all of the excitement in your face when you see my +rep ;)

There's enough arse licking & wind being blown up peoples bums ingame let alone encouraging another platform for this tedious ego driven school kiddie crap to extend beyond...yaaaawn ;)[/quote

True but you will find that anywhere, even in the game. As a side note, I have received several +reps from something I did ingame so it is not just thread creation that can affect your rep. There are still many players that look at the rep of an individual before dealing with them. And too some of us, the rep both in forum and ingame means a lot.

All you say in this post is true of course.

But then again I had posted the three :Ds and "SCNR" afterwards which would mean that it was just a funny coincidence to see that post of yours and your stats on the left.

And since you don't seem to care about +reps I'll just give you that. But note that I have put a webcam in your room and I'll see the dancing that you do and all of the excitement in your face when you see my +rep ;)

Rofl:D Careful now...i may turn into a forum whore;)

Back