EntropiaForum Senior Members

Status

Site Admin
Admin
The EntropiaForum Senior Member program has now been launched.

Thanks to all members who contributed suggestions and feedback on the Senior Member selection criteria: EntropiaForum Senior Members - Feedback.

• 1200 Posts
  • 2500 Reputation Points
  • 25% Activity Rating
  • Forum Joindate > 24 Months

Congratulations to this first group of members to meet those selection criteria!! :wtg:

• safara
  • PINKY
  • levithanikos
  • Doer
  • Dorsai
  • aridash
  • AkiranBlade
  • Hurrikane
  • LeeLoo Faith
  • dj.
  • Jorael
  • onyx oZ Zombie
  • McCormick
  • kygon
  • Rockchick
  • MindStar9
  • Lykke
  • Etopia
  • Zap
  • NetStalker
  • Witte
  • Sirhc
  • Alice
  • sahel

Senior Members will have access to the following enhanced forum features:

• Max Stored Private Messages: 400
  • Max PM Recipients: 3
  • Open/Close Own Threads
  • Profile Pic Size: 200x200
  • Profile Pic Filesize: 85kb
  • EFD Weekly Paycheck: 200
  • Access to Post Award donation system
  • Ability to add thread tags to other members' threads

Senior Members can be identified by an icon in the postbit area (much like admins, moderators, reporters and premium members):

senior.gif

Senior Member usernames will also display in Teal in various places on the forum, such as the Who's Online lists:

wolsenior.jpg

NOTE: Any member who was promoted to Senior Membership, and who also already had an active Premium Membership (e.g. Modified, Improved or Adjusted), will now be shown on the Who's Online list color code as a Senior Member (Teal), rather than their active Premium Membership markup color. However, Senior Members can choose which membership color they wish to display by visiting the Group Memberships link in the UserCP, where a selection box is offered at the bottom of the page:

usergroup_display.jpg

Senior Members will be required to maintain an Activity Rating of at least 15%, and User Reputation of at least 2500 to retain Senior Membership status.

Approximately every two weeks, a query will be performed, and any additional members who meet the intial Senior Member criteria will be promoted, and any existing Senior Members who fall below the Activity Rating and/or Reputation requirements will be demoted. Demoted Senior Members would then need to re-satisfy the inital critera to rejoin the Senior Member group.

Last edited:
Senior Member Post Award Guidelines

Senior Members have access to the Member Post Award system, which rewards members for making exceptionally helpful posts, offering assistance to other members, or any other behavior that contributes to making EntropiaForum an enjoyable, informative and valuable place to discuss EntropiaUniverse.

When viewing a thread, Senior Members will now see a new gold coin icon in the bottom left-hand corner of each post:

postaward.jpg

Click this icon to award a member, and a popup window will appear (similar to the give reputation window), where one can enter the amount of EFDs to award, along with a custom message.

The EFDs awarded are not subtracted from Senior Members' EFD balance, but rather from the EF "Central Bank".

Each Senior Member has the following daily limits on post awards:

• 5 Posts
  • 500 EFD Per Awarded Post
  • 500 EFD Per Awarded Member
  • 2000 EFD Per Thread

This new system is a great way to encourage members to make positive contributions to the forum, and recogonize those members who make EF an enjoyable, informative and exciting place to visit.

Post Awards should only be given to posts made in Entropia Universe related discussion forums; threads and posts in the Off-Topic, Trading, Creative, and About EntropiaForum sections are not eligible for Post Awards.

Senior Members are expected to avoid abusing this system by repeatedly giving Post Awards to the same recipients too often; any member found abusing the Post Award system will be removed and excluded from the Senior Member program permanently (though I do not expect this to be an issue, as the Senior Members include some of the most well respected and honorable members of the forum).

and now i only need to know how to get my activity rating up :|

:)

Grats to everyone that has become a senior member, or will become a senior member with time.

Question regarding the benefits though. If one has a paid membership such as Modified, would the EFD Store Discount and EFD Weekly Paycheck of the senior membersgroup compound with that of the paid memberships?

Maybe we can trade some activity for rep points ;)

ill +rep you if you give me 2% more activity :p

Soliciting reputation points is not allowed. Also, there is no easy way for members to trade or share activity; the best way to increase one's Activity Rating is to be an active member: creating threads, posts, polls, blog entries, etc.

More info on the Activity Rating system can be found here:

Member Activity Ratings

Question regarding the benefits though. If one has a paid membership such as Modified, would the EFD Store Discount and EFD Weekly Paycheck of the senior membersgroup compound with that of the paid memberships?

The higher or more permissive value would be used, not both. Thus, for example, if someone is both a Senior Member (400 Stored Private Messages) and a Modified Member (1500 Stored Private Messages), their PM inbox would allow 1500 messages.

Soliciting reputation points is not allowed. Also, there is no easy way for members to trade or share activity; the best way to increase one's Activity Rating is to be an active member: creating threads, posts, polls, blog entries, etc.

More info on the Activity Rating system can be found here:

Member Activity Ratings
Yeah i know that.
It was a joke :rolleyes:

Nice initiative to create some more activity in this forum...

I do believe this is the general idea ;)

I also believe we will soon see many more Senior members :tux:

Man, I feel sooooo old now...Im off to fill my house with cats...:D

right after of course I sign up for AARP and get my discount movie tickets.:wtg:

Now where did I put my readers.... :scratch2:

WOOT! :yay:

I'm a Senior Member ... :eek:

This is awesome 711 ... Thanks for the great ideas and ways you find to keep EF an interesting place ;)

Man, I feel sooooo old now...Im off to fill my house with cats...:D

right after of course I sign up for AARP and get my discount movie tickets.:wtg:

Now where did I put my readers.... :scratch2:

You're so dependable ... and we can always count on you for a belly laugh, or at least a chuckle or two. Oh, and don't forget about getting your discount at restaurants too. My Mom and Step-Dad (when he was living) made good use of the benefits, so don't stop with just movie tickets! ;)

Nice system 711 ... it's a great starting group, so here's to more exciting posting that deserves to be rewarded. :wtg:

Grats to the new Seniors. I should be joining you in August :)

hmmm,

1200 Posts : check
2500 Reputation Points : check
35% Activity Rating : check
Forum Joindate > 24 Months : DRAT! four months to go, lol, you beat me by one day oleg :)

Nice idea 711 and thank you :D

Can I have a bus pass too ;)
Oh I can start having senior moments too :silly2:

Gratz to the new Senior Citizens of EF. Your new healthcare card and walking frame will be posted shortly. Don't forget to collect your pension on Thursdays and please send us your drivers license as you are now too old to drive. hehe.

As maxwell smart said. 'Missed by that much'. Think i missed by a few months and activity and, and, hehe.

Last edited:
Do we also get one of these?

zimmer.jpg

Thanks 711 :)

:laugh: Thats so cool ! And would be even cooler if that was lootable as an irl object in EU! :eyecrazy:

Gratz to all the new 'old folks' of EF :wtg: Interesting to have half my soc on the list :laugh: ( I do exaggerate ofc)

Cool I made it as senior :yay: Looks nice, although I am no longer able to access the mainpage.

Looks nice, although I am no longer able to access the mainpage.

Fixed now, was an overlooked permission setting for the new Senior Member usergroup. Thanks for reporting!

Good work !!

Nice for the members to get appriciation this way

:)

An interesting new feature for sure. It may be worth adding something to the end of the script 711 to add a PM to all those who's status has either met or no longer met the requirement.

Is this program 'implemented' proper or is it running on a trial basis to understand it's effectiveness?

Gratz to all Senior Citizens! Now where did I put my teeth? :umn:

Nice new feature.

Status
Back