***WoF PRO-SERIES (WPS)***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

Please Note: The WPS has entered it's Monthly Run Number 2.

This was the thread for Run 1,
now it has become
the Info and Rules thread
for all WPS hunts to come.
For up-to-date information on each Month's hunting
please look at
WoF Pro-Series Run 2! Thread
in this sub-forum.

This is the WoF Pro-Series, where teams can compete for cash prizes in month-long WoF-Style events which will help to raise money for the WoF Treasury (See other Sticky Thread “WoF Treasury:)). These events, in the spirit of the WoF, are free to enter and open to all.

There are some Rules though.

Each Round of the WoF Pro-Series will be approximately 4 weeks/1 month.

Scoring: Teams must Global at least once on 5 different mobs. This gives 5 screenshots to submit per entry. The winner each month will be the Team who gained the highest TT-Value of Loot from their 5 Globals combined. There are also Cash Prizes for Second and Third.

Screenshots must accompany each Global.

All mobs must be hunted in the LA’s specified, and all screenshots must prove the same; hit “M” for map to be sure.

Screenshots must show:
Mob and Maturity,
Team List,
Time,
Location (Map preferred),
Loot.

If details are missed, scroll up to be sure and take another. We’ll accept partial screenies if the other parts are there too.

You can collect the required Globals in any order; only screenshots from the corresponding month will be permitted.

Special Not-Complicated-At-All Team Rules:

Teams MUST be named “WPS(Team Name Here)” to be eligible. National Team names are not mandatory, but no profanity.

Teams can be any size, from 2-12. The same team must feature in all Globals.
BUT: Teams can Lose Members.

What this means: The ideal result in a WoF Pro-Series hunt would be a Team of say 4 or 5 hunters going out and getting all 5 globals in a mad two-hour hunt and sending in their screenshots for their entry. If however, the team only got 3 of the 5 globals, before 2 members ctd’ or had to go to work etc, the remaining team members can still carry on. Any Team members who feature in Earlier Submitted Globals before they left can re-join the team later to help complete the 5.
If you have entered 5 Globals but for example get a better Kingfisher on another day, you can change the entry to include it if the same team (by the rules above) was used.
What you CAN’T do is ADD NEW team members. If you want to make a new team with other avatars, it will form a NEW entry which should include all 5 globals by THAT team.

In short: As Time-Stamps are included in each Screenshot, the order of the globals is known.... the Team is anyone who was in the First Global:) People can not be there in later Globals, but no EXTRA people.

The Prizes are:

1500 PED: 1st Prize
600 PED: 2nd Prize
300 PED: 3rd Prize

For each event, a minimum of 500 PED will be added to the WoF Treasury by Bank NEVERDIE. The success of these events will see this increase.

All screenshots must be submitted to the WoF Pro-Series Globals Thread for evaluation.

Prizes will be awarded in-game.

There will be events held until the start of WoF 2009 and beyond, and results will feature on a LeaderBoard in this forum.

Thanks for reading, good luck to all!

Hurrikane

The WoF Pro-Series (WPS) has been created in association with Bank NEVERDIE.

Last edited:
Sounds good :)

Let me check one thing - teams don't have to be anything to do with WoF nations, right? I.e. we could enter a soc team, 'WPS Skillin' Villains' or whatever?

Sounds good :)

Let me check one thing - teams don't have to be anything to do with WoF nations, right? I.e. we could enter a soc team, 'WPS Skillin' Villains' or whatever?

This is correct. Any allegiances to particular Nations are entirely optional in the WPS.

Hurrikane

This is correct. Any allegiances to particular Nations are entirely optional in the WPS.

Hurrikane

Excellent, time to start work on getting a team together :)

Again very very cool! Great work Hurrikane!

Jamhot

*Runs out to collect a cool team of Woffers :wtg:

Hey Hurrikane... another good idea :yay:

I'm sure the Antz will join in.

One question is there an entry fee?

Hey Hurrikane... another good idea :yay:

I'm sure the Antz will join in.

One question is there an entry fee?

Nope, Free to Enter, Open to All:)

Hurrikane

This guy is better than the Energizer Bunny he keeps going and going and going +Rep Hurk headed your way and I look forward to posting our teams pics :)

***Please Note***

ND got ahead of me with the DNA settings;

The requirement for Hogglo has now changed to
Guardian and Above

now they've all grown a bit:)

This makes them a little tougher but a fine mob to start/end a run on:)

Hurrikane

Locked & Loaded

Now to look for a proper team....:D

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

Hogg Dominants are teh PWNzor...

Looking to skill so i can join a team...

removing question as it was already answerd

Last edited:
Screenshots must show:
Mob and Maturity,
Team List,
Time,
Location (Map preferred),
Loot.

About the map, isn't the position pointer blinking in the map? If yes, then it's (sometimes) difficult to have visible pointer in the screenie so pressing C and P should be enough for time and position?

Another great idea :)

Can I just check something: The team could start with 12 members for the first global & rest of globals need to the the same team name , but can be any of the original 12 members ?

Another great idea :)

Can I just check something: The team could start with 12 members for the first global & rest of globals need to the the same team name , but can be any of the original 12 members ?

Yes, anyone featuring in the First Global you score counts as "the team".

Hurrikane

WPS team coming together...

The official name is:WPS Consortium
i will post the the team members a.s.a.p.
(5)Person team:
Bigddady
Toast
Pink Pussycat Panther
Force Majeure
Kazanori

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

Last edited:
Question: Can I be the leader of three 2-person teams and sweep the competition?
Maybe there should be a rule to prevent this situation?

In short: As Time-Stamps are included in each Screenshot, the order of the globals is known.... the Team is anyone who was in the First Global:) People can not be there in later Globals, but no EXTRA people.

A question about this rule.

Let's say my team of 10 people start with a 50 PED Kingfisher Young global. So this 10 is now my team, and all my future globals must be by teams with members from these 10 people.

Now let's say that 3 days later we have a team of 3 of those people and we get a 70 PED Kingfisher Young. We now want to replace our original global with this one, for a higher score.

But by doing that, we now no longer have the original global with the team of 10.

So, how do we handle this? Are we not allowed to change that original global, or do we just add a second one, or what?

A question about this rule.

Let's say my team of 10 people start with a 50 PED Kingfisher Young global. So this 10 is now my team, and all my future globals must be by teams with members from these 10 people.

Now let's say that 3 days later we have a team of 3 of those people and we get a 70 PED Kingfisher Young. We now want to replace our original global with this one, for a higher score.

But by doing that, we now no longer have the original global with the team of 10.

So, how do we handle this? Are we not allowed to change that original global, or do we just add a second one, or what?

You form your team, you go out, you get your 5 globals, you post them. This is recorded as an entry in that Team's name; the Team list is noted. If you want to change any of the globals in your entry before the end of the month, submit them and if they use the same team as the ones you've submitted then you can swap them, whichever ones they are.

Do please note that the bigger the team, the smaller the Prize each member gets:)

Hurrikane

Question: Can I be the leader of three 2-person teams and sweep the competition?
Maybe there should be a rule to prevent this situation?

If you form a 2 man (or any size) team and get all 5, you can then form another with someone else and get all 5 again, and submit it as a different entry.
That would be competing against yourself, but there you go.

The idea is a big-ish team starts out, and if they need more time the members can try again as the same team. The Rules are there to cope with the inevitable ctd's and problems in RL that obstruct any large event.

The winner is the Team that submits 5 globals on the 5 mobs that add up to more than any other submissions do. The 5 Globals they submit must be by the same Team. The same team is anyone who is in the Team for their first time-stamped, submitted Global.

Hope this helps,

Hurrikane

hogglo guardians... :eyecrazy:

how much do they hit really? There is no entry for them on entropedia.

Also, it looks like the hp for provider and guardian is swapped, or is the maturity swapped in game too? That could make it a little easier at least...

Guardians seem to be easier to kill than Providers, they hit for less I think.

Me and Force tried a Hogglo Guardian yesterday,
And we managed to kill it and we only died once

Anyway, if u have a team of 5 ppl it is more then doable to do the hoggs
The guardians hit between 8 dmg-103 dmg on my ghost with 5b (31 impact protection)

Hope this helps a little

Greetz pink

We're now underway.... Day 2:)

The Danes have kicked things off... what team/soc/country is gonna take on the mighty Denmark?

Hurrikane

Guardians seem to be easier to kill than Providers, they hit for less I think.

We were 8 heavily armed hunters out on those fields yesterday.

We managed to kill both Providers and Guards before they even hit us. A little problems occured with Dominants. They often had a strike at one or two of us, usually giving instant death.

Alphas however was pretty hard. Even though we could hit them to almost half health before they hit us, their aggressivity was immense. Only luck and high HP could save a hunter from being killed in one blow. They gave 200+ dmg (non-crits) very fast in few seconds intervals. Very high hitrate - almost felt like the Mulaaks.

True that guards dont hit so much, but it might be their hitrate is low?

Unless you have very good armour with 50+ damage protection, I recommend hunting those naked.

Great fun though :D (but still no items)

That's the spirit:) Spoken like a true hunter....

First Weekend Over and the Main Prize of 1500 PED is still really up for grabs...

:wtg:

Hurrikane

Into the second week of the first WoF Pro-Series monthly prize events...
....and the 1500 PED Prize is within reach of any team of intrepid souls....
....get on the case and get Pro-WoFfing on the WPS:)

Hurrikane

A team of 5 reasonably equipped folks should have about no problem with guardians.

Into the Third Week of the first WoF Pro-Series monthly prize events...
....and the 1500 PED Prize is within reach of any team of intrepid souls....
....get on the case and get Pro-WoFfing on the WPS:)

Hurrikane

Back