Group hunting..?

Dhorm

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Bharol Beldor Tharak
I've been trying to find some hunter partners for a couple of days now and haven't found a single one.. Except those who sais "I just ran out of ammo so give me PED and I'll hunt with you".

So I'm asking here.. Where should I look for them?​

Basically You need to have friends...or be in a society. I've never seen anyone stand around shouting "Looking for group". You may find some at the new people areas...but established player ....not too likely.

Good Luck :)

Az

what time area to you play in (i am GMT) and where abouts do you hang out Ill do some hunting with you I if I can find you in-game and you play at the same time :)

Otherwise its easier to join a soc or just keep shouting that you want to team hunt, people will come and you should eventually get one that doesnt keep running out of ammo ;)

I will also hunt with you depending on the time you play. I am on US Central time.

Perhaps that would be a nice thing to add to the forum:

Hunter seeking Hunter

Add information like time online, mobs hunted, melee/ranged, etc.

I found a good partner just shouting. However i've not seen him in weeks zo i think he left of took a break from PE. So its possible to get a good partner.

After that i was searching for another . I found 2 and we went hunting. Killed many mobs and got no return. Until 1 got a global woth 85 PED.
However i set the settings on dmg determines and the oner guy and me killed another mob so got nothing. The one who got the global then just ran and didnt give us a share.

So if u are new with hunting with a particular person, dont use dmg determines. If u know him a bit more and u think u can trust him, you should agree to share globals etc. Butr if u dont know him just use equal. Be sure you are using about the same amount of ammo. Dont do all the shooting, or use a bigger gun when settings are equal.

Azrael said:
Basically You need to have friends...or be in a society. I've never seen anyone stand around shouting "Looking for group". You may find some at the new people areas...but established player ....not too likely.

Good Luck :)

Az

Yeah, i see tons of "Noobs" around Camp Pheonix always saying that they are looking for people to hunt with. At first I used to think, "Yeah, well, why not?", but after going out a couple times and losing a couple dozen peds doing all the work, because they want to hunt everything they see instead of hunting smart and having profits split 5 or 6 ways, I decieded not to do it anymore.

Not that I think I am better then anyone, it's just that it's hard to go hunt with 5 or 6 people all using TT weapons while your using a weapon that costs 28 peds to repair everytime. It's not profitable.

So, one solution that i like to do alot is, get myself a TT gun or knife and find someone that is sweating solo and help them out and skill at the same time... You know, I pull the mob, keep it on me, fap myself, and then when it's dry i kill it.

They get sweat. I get skills...

But, for the people yelling out that they want to form a team for hunting... I'm not even that high of skilled and I still ignore then, so I imagian, the vast majority of higher players do too.

It's not profitable.

The advice I can give you is, make a few friends, join a society, or get a mentor and hunt with one of them...

chielsen said:
So if u are new with hunting with a particular person, dont use dmg determines. If u know him a bit more and u think u can trust him, you should agree to share globals etc. Butr if u dont know him just use equal. Be sure you are using about the same amount of ammo. Dont do all the shooting, or use a bigger gun when settings are equal.

I cant emphasise this enough scams work this way as some people in your team may just run round looking busy so I only use equal with people I trust, otherwise its dmg determines for me if I got a more expensive weapon then im getting the loot :) if i do know them though equal and queing the items works fine for me :)

i'm not that skilled of a hunter, around 1k pistol and 5oo rifle, but i have found that joing team hunts ervery so often gives me insight to how other hunt and tips and tricks they use. normally we spilt everything even and que items, and when its all over i normall am at a loss after the end of a few hours, but i always learn something and gain a few more skills, so sometimes it is a trade off...

i would love to go with a few much better skilled hunters sometime just to be part of it, even if i don't get a share in the loot, but to watch and see how they do things.

anywho... thats my :twocents:

Very good to learn like this.

When I was a noob, I thought as a noob, spoke as a noob, and hunted like a noob. But after hunting with more experienced hunters, I put away noobish things, and learned how to hunt like a man !!!

I can def see a huge improvement in my hunting over the last year. For most of last year, I hunted predominantly by myself. I had my set ways of doing things, and really battled (I was employing really big mob tactics on smaller mobs - like using decoys on feffoids). Then I joined Hunters Unlimited, and I learned so much.

Previously, dressed in Knight armour, and hunting Corns on Argus beach with a A&P Hero and using Fap28, I really battled. I died so much. Now, I hunt them in Pixie, with the tt powerfist and fap5, and don't die at all. I just employ smarter tactics.

Ditto to all of the above. Am a melee hunter and find it useful to have a shooter to go hunting with. Makes for more efficient hunting. Would be willing to hunt with ya if you're on when I am. I'm also US central time. Usually on in the afternoon or evenings. Good luck otherwise :)

Moose said:
Perhaps that would be a nice thing to add to the forum:
Hunter seeking Hunter
Add information like time online, mobs hunted, melee/ranged, etc.

Thats a great idea. Yeah, I'm relatively new too, but some of the players in my Soc are really good. They go out on hunts together all the time and have gotten a few globals lately. Socs are a great way. Plus, my mentor or soc friends will hunt with me if I ask! :)

I have been very pleased actually with finding groups to hunt with. Since I started a couple of weeks ago, I've run with five different groups (not even the same people once), hunting everything from the easy mobs up to decently difficult for a newbie - depending on the makeup of the team. I've found these groups just by hanging around Camp Phoenix sweating and killing dry mobs. Eventually someone will chime up that they are going on a hunt and a group forms together and off we go. Four out of the five hunts have proven profitable for all involved and no one made any complaints on the hunts I was on about not getting enough loot. One of the hunts ended abruptly after we went too far out and got trashed by a gang of higher level mobs and we just ended up ghosting off to our own thing. But it was still fun for a while. :)

Good idea chielsen, I'll do that.

I live in sweden so that makes my time frame CET (+1)

I'm a bit of a freshmen though.. Using an Opalo and no armor.. so I wouldn't be able to go of killing spiders as some of you seem to be able to do :$

Dhorm said:
I've been trying to find some hunter partners for a couple of days now and haven't found a single one.. Except those who sais "I just ran out of ammo so give me PED and I'll hunt with you".

So I'm asking here.. Where should I look for them?​

First make some friends....then team up.....would you team up IRL with total strangers and bear total confidence?

There is no difference here....it might be even worse ;)

Yea most people are noobs like that trying to fet free ammo. Best way to find a hunting partner is to do 1 of three things

1. get friends on your friend list
2. join a society
3. get a good mentor

these are the best ways to find good hunting teams

wozza said:
Yea most people are noobs like that trying to fet free ammo. Best way to find a hunting partner is to do 1 of three things

1. get friends on your friend list
2. join a society
3. get a good mentor

these are the best ways to find good hunting teams

1. I got about 10.. But, they're either miners or way to powerful
2. I'll do that
3. Got the best already :D

Back