***WoF 2008 FINAL!!!!*** Info etc!

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Welcome all to the end of a very long journey. From being told about this last October, over a thousand Entropians have taken part in WoF 2008; around twice the numbers of last year, maybe more; Support have been virulent:)

But now all the fighting comes to a climax; the

WoF 2008 FINAL!!!!

Time:

Would the Finalists (At present SWEDEN, ROMANIA and ENGLAND until scores are confirmed) please decide from the following times on

June 7th, Saturday.

14:00
or
21:00

I don't want to change these slots, and there is NO chance of a Sunday match. I need confirmed times at least by Monday next week; preferably before the weekend.

Start/Finish Point:

One of the nicest places in Entropia.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The crater at 16800, 15400 (Eudoria)
we shall gather around the big tree there and mess around with Fugabarba while we judge you....

Should be ok for lag, as far as I can see. Nice views too.

Moblist:
Ok, you've all been wondering; btw, the Final Moblist Sweepstake is now CLOSED lol, I shall go through it tonight and see who got the closest, and the 10k EFD:)

Main Team:

Muluk-Hir: Any Maturity: 5 Points

Mulaak 'f: Berserker and Below: 6 Points

Osseoculum: Any Maturity: 7 Points

Mulaak 'f: Hunter and Above: 8 Points

Araneatrox: Alpha and Below: 9 Points

Araneatrox: Old Alpha and Above: 10 Points

Here's me discussing the Final with one of the main participants:)

Variety Boost is 15, 30 then 50 points for
Mulaak 'f, Muluk-Hir, Osseoculum and Araneatrox.

Loot Boost remains 13 points for highest combined Global Loot (TT Value).

HoF's and ATH's are scored as before; Double that Mob's score for a HoF, Double entire Score for an ATH.

Support:

Mulmun: Any Maturity: 2 Points

Kerberos: Any Maturity: 3 Points

Tantillion: Any Maturity: 4 Points

Support Variety Boost has increased:

2 Mobs: 5 Points

3 Mobs: 10 Points

Bonus Mob:

Tantardion: Any Maturity: 25 Points

FINAL RULES: As mentioned before, Main Teams are allowed up to SIX members in the Final. Support is still Unlimited, and they have a lot to do:)... one extra mob on their list for one thing.

Can't wait to see the scores come in....

Hope this gives you all time to think, prepare and dream of big mobs:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Romania FTW !!

Gaaawddaaaam some big mobs there!!! :D Good luck to all the finalists!!!

All the best,

Jamhot

well well, pvp 4 :) interesting mob list

Go Romania!!

wow.. it will be insane in PVP4 lol :yay:

Best of luck in the Final !!

:) i like the support mobs :D

Hmmm ... cant wait! :yay:

This should be challenging!! Another interesting mob list... see you all at the crater for some serious WOFing.

Worst part will be waiting 6 months to get into this again :cry:

Im wondering a little about the supportmobs.

Support Team Moblist will be 2 mobs, one easy, one more difficult, and progressively more dangerous throughout the Tournament. There will be 3 mobs on the moblist in the Final.

Going from Globsters to Tripudion to Tantillions arent really pregressivly more dangerous in my eyes.

Hahaha..pvp4 gankfest...delicious!

I think it will be inevitable... this is a widely publicized event - more so now that the Finals are upon us. I predict it will not be packs of PKers with an alliance to a country/team... but just PKers taking advantage of an opportunity. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, once you enter PVP you accept the risk of being killed and looted. Let's just hope the TT does not run out of toxic shots :laugh:

I think miners should be particulary cautious... I would imagine that any green dot on the radar will be shot without comment or consideration - after all, time spent a revival and shooting up again is time NOT scoring globals...

For the most part, I expect Sweden, Romania and England to be more concerned about scoring for their cause, as opposed to preventing others from scoring.

Looking forward to judging this one! :wtg:

I think it will be inevitable... this is a widely publicized event - more so now that the Finals are upon us. I predict it will not be packs of PKers with an alliance to a country/team... but just PKers taking advantage of an opportunity. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, once you enter PVP you accept the risk of being killed and looted. Let's just hope the TT does not run out of toxic shots :laugh:

I think miners should be particulary cautious... I would imagine that any green dot on the radar will be shot without comment or consideration - after all, time spent a revival and shooting up again is time NOT scoring globals...

For the most part, I expect Sweden, Romania and England to be more concerned about scoring for their cause, as opposed to preventing others from scoring.

Looking forward to judging this one! :wtg:

I have no problem with having mobs in pvp areas.. sweden had great fun in last years wof when chomper gave the highest points and they are in a pvparea.. Team Eudoria wasnt that happy tho ;) but I dont think the publizity would be that great when ppl who is trying to score globals for they nation is getting looted. Im guess it could become hostilitie betweend the nations or maybe even towards the event. and it doesnt matter if you could chose not to enter pvp4, you still want to blame someone else

a sceniore in next years WoF "oh great, Team Whatever is in our group, remember when they start looting us in last years wof. Lets make it as hard as possible for them and dont agree on their proposed time.

getting pked is one thing and ppl dont have that much trubble with that I believe.. but getting pked and looted, thats a very different story.

change to calamusoid or something instead or why not chompers?

Last edited:
I think it will be like this:

Team "insert name here" killed a creature (Mulaak´f) with a value of XXXX peds and have been recorded into the hall of fame.

5 seconds later

"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 1 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 2 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 3 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 4 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 5 with a "insert uber gun here"

uber pk:er tp´s out and posts afew nice screenshots in the pk screen thread

:wtg:

I will encourage my England Team to concentrate on killing mobs rather than their opposition and not to open fire on opponents unless they are fired upon first.

I think it will be like this:

Team "insert name here" killed a creature (Mulaak´f) with a value of XXXX peds and have been recorded into the hall of fame.

5 seconds later

"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 1 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 2 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 3 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 4 with a "insert uber gun here"
"insert uber pk:er here" killed player 5 with a "insert uber gun here"

uber pk:er tp´s out and posts afew nice screenshots in the pk screen thread

Im pretty sure the main teams hunting mulaak'f on at least 2 of these teams will be well armed for pvp and will have some extra protection to help them along the way... ;P

And for support teams i am sure most will opt out of the lowest scoring risky option.

Either way i don't think this round is all of a big deal being that some of the mobs are located in pvp4..

I have no problem with having mobs in pvp areas.. sweden had great fun in last years wof when chomper gave the highest points and they are in a pvparea.. Team Eudoria wasnt that happy tho ;) but I dont think the publizity would be that great when ppl who is trying to score globals for they nation is getting looted. Im guess it could become hostilitie betweend the nations or maybe even towards the event. and it doesnt matter if you could chose not to enter pvp4, you still want to blame someone else

a sceniore in next years WoF "oh great, Team Whatever is in our group, remember when they start looting us in last years wof. Lets make it as hard as possible for them and dont agree on their proposed time.

getting pked is one thing and ppl dont have that much trubble with that I believe.. but getting pked and looted, thats a very different story.

So true !!
Imho Mobs in pvp3/4 for main team is ok, for support its not,
that's one of the reasons i stay away from WoF next year!!!

GL to the Finalists :)

Last edited:

I have to say I agree with Count Joe here.
I dont expect everyone from every team to pk, but Im sure there will be at least someone who will, and that would probably bring problems next year as Count Joe stated. Also this will make some known pkers rich lol.
Same for the support mob list, as he said it was supposed to be more difficult.. and the only difficult thing I see its a pvp4 mob in it, thats insane, cause if main team ppl might survive support might not have the same luck and they might save some bad memories from this wof.
The moblist is great, pvp is great, but indeed lootable pvp might be too much.

the final should be played on a Sunday afternoon !

I will encourage my England Team to concentrate on killing mobs rather than their opposition and not to open fire on opponents unless they are fired upon first.

I don't worry about the teams, I am thinking more along the lines of roving bands of greifing PKers harassing the teams. There were some notable PKers in the WOF who have been eliminated...and they might nejoy harassing our WOF teams.

We may need security details for our teams...

Awesome line-up Hurrikane... I expected no less of course..

I wish I'd entered the "Guess the Final Mob List" Comp now, I may have done well...

Support really will play a HUGE part in this I feel, as not only is the support Mob list Very Interesting Indeed, but there is now a real need for a new support role, that of Bodyguard in PvP4...

Personally I can't wait, and I'm only one of the Judges!

X

I don't worry about the teams, I am thinking more along the lines of roving bands of greifing PKers harassing the teams

I totally agree with this especially after the experience on the Attackers when getting pk'd and more so from non WoF-ers or those taking part at another time just out to disrupt everyone and get as much loot as possible. I have np with PvP as such put do object to PvP4 in this event and constantly at the risk of loosing anything that's possibly looted.

However, saying all that I shall have to do what is required of me on the day I guess

OOOooo debate:) That's what I like to see....

To Count Joe: Yes, I said the support mobs would be progressively tougher... Ok, they are not tougher in terms of HP. But one lives in PvP 4, one lives by Spiders and all three hardly dominate the HoF tables.... so they're hard enough:) There aren't a lot of Mobs "suitable" (by my criteria) for use as Support Mobs; even a small spawn like Globsters gave a few too many globals for my liking:)

To those who don't see why PvP4 has to be used again;

Think of Star Wars, the Pod Race. Tusken Raiders picking off the competitors. They weren't affiliated either; they just made it a more dangerous event, a better one some would say? If I aim to make a Tournament that measures hunting power in all parts of our Universe, then of course some of the Final will involve the most feared and dangerous place we have to offer; if you can't hunt there as well as anywhere else, then you ain't the best, are you?:)

I'm sure there will be an element of chaos, that's part of the plan.

Hurrikane

OOOooo debate:) That's what I like to see....

To Count Joe: Yes, I said the support mobs would be progressively tougher... Ok, they are not tougher in terms of HP. But one lives in PvP 4, one lives by Spiders and all three hardly dominate the HoF tables.... so they're hard enough:) There aren't a lot of Mobs "suitable" (by my criteria) for use as Support Mobs; even a small spawn like Globsters gave a few too many globals for my liking:)

To those who don't see why PvP4 has to be used again;

Think of Star Wars, the Pod Race. Tusken Raiders picking off the competitors. They weren't affiliated either; they just made it a more dangerous event, a better one some would say? If I aim to make a Tournament that measures hunting power in all parts of our Universe, then of course some of the Final will involve the most feared and dangerous place we have to offer; if you can't hunt there as well as anywhere else, then you ain't the best, are you?:)

I'm sure there will be an element of chaos, that's part of the plan.

Hurrikane

You are aware of how globsterspawn looks right (100+ spawn)? And how tough the mob is? :p Soloing a globster is comparable to fighting a dasp young it just has less hp (although still the same as a trox stalker approx...). Ok theyre fairly easy in teams with longrange firepower since theyre dead slow, but its a mob i would always claim is alot harder than hogglos or seg for instance since it has 100% aim (Deathifier does the same btw...). So yes they global a helluvalot if you unleash 80 people (or more...) on em @a time ;)
I also think people confuse "hard to global on" for "hard to kill", or am i confused myself? :p

(Lots of BS from me im well aware just trying to illustrate how people could be very confused about the supportmobs supposedly progressing to be harder and harder since that sure as hell isnt the case if youre going by how hard they are to kill, and from some of the mobs it also doesnt make sense regarding "hard to global on"?)

Regarding having last round in lootable pvp it could bring alot of problems yes, or rather new challenges to face ;) For one having 800 supporters might not be as efficient anymore, which is a major change from other rounds (and a welcome change imo, but im sure opinions differ on that), making main team scores matter more in the end probably. One thing though... mulmuns drop items in more or less every global (did last time i was there atleast) and since those cant be looted it really makes little sense to "wait for globals then pk support". That being said though im sure there will be pkers there having some fun regardless of loot... :p
The major place for pk will probably be @the mulaak'f camps though since theyre tiny spawns so you only have to tp twice to find the team that globalled unless they left (and they wont during a WoF round).

You are aware of how globsterspawn looks right (100+ spawn)? And how tough the mob is? :p Soloing a globster is comparable to fighting a dasp young it just has less hp (although still the same as a trox stalker approx...). Ok theyre fairly easy in teams with longrange firepower since theyre dead slow, but its a mob i would always claim is alot harder than hogglos or seg for instance since it has 100% aim (Deathifier does the same btw...). So yes they global a helluvalot if you unleash 80 people (or more...) on em @a time ;)
I also think people confuse "hard to global on" for "hard to kill", or am i confused myself? :p

(Lots of BS from me im well aware just trying to illustrate how people could be very confused about the supportmobs supposedly progressing to be harder and harder since that sure as hell isnt the case if youre going by how hard they are to kill, and from some of the mobs it also doesnt make sense regarding "hard to global on"?)

Regarding having last round in lootable pvp it could bring alot of problems yes, or rather new challenges to face ;) For one having 800 supporters might not be as efficient anymore, which is a major change from other rounds (and a welcome change imo, but im sure opinions differ on that), making main team scores matter more in the end probably. One thing though... mulmuns drop items in more or less every global (did last time i was there atleast) and since those cant be looted it really makes little sense to "wait for globals then pk support". That being said though im sure there will be pkers there having some fun regardless of loot... :p
The major place for pk will probably be @the mulaak'f camps though since theyre tiny spawns so you only have to tp twice to find the team that globalled unless they left (and they wont during a WoF round).

Aye, I never researched Globsters enough. I hunted a fair few like you said, with long-range, and decided they were not only interesting and difficult but within the range of a mid-level hunter if the plan is kept to... so a good Support mob. The fact they only spawned in one location made me think they were not going to score too often; but more hunters=more spawning so the last round had about twice as many Globster globals as I envisaged:) No scores were wildly biased towards Support though, lesson learned, no harm done:)

Hurrikane

Next time reverse the scoring

Dalikba young 10 points

stalker 1 point.

That'll learn them. :laugh:

Back