Wof Pro-Series Run 3!

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

Hi, the WPS is into it's THIRD Monthly run. WPS M2S Legends took the first prize in our inaugaural Contest, and the second Run was won by WPS Sex on Ice. Who'll win Run 3?

Prizes stay the same,
the Moblist has changed;
the need to
Global Right
and
Global High
prevails.

I shall be starting/stopping each Monthly WPS hunt on a Tuesday/Wednesday Night, after and including this one. Moblists will change each time.

Event Start:
12:00, 18/06/08.

Event End:
12:00, 15/07/08.

So as before, hunt the Moblist, get your 5 best scores and send them in to the "Post WPS Globals HERE" thread.

MobList & LA list:

Kingfisher Young: Land Area 13 7676, 5630
Kingfisher Mature: Land Area 13 7676, 5630
Kingfisher Old: Land Area 13 7676, 5630

Phasm Any Maturity: Land Area 38 16300, 3100
Hogglo Any Maturity: Land Area 34 6900, 17900

Remember: It's a TEAM HUNTING COMPETITION FOR CASH PRIZES:)

First Prize: 1500 PED

Second Prize: 600 PED

Third Prize: 400 PED

All other Rules and Info concerning the WoF Pro-Series can be found in the original WPS thread in this sub-forum.

To the competitiors in general: I will not be in-game very much for the next 6 months but should be able to stay a bit active in the Forum; however not enough to give this the attention it requires. Therefore I've deputised Chopper (Eugene Chopper McHelicopter), esteemed WoF Judge and jolly good chap, and after this run he'll be handing out prizes and setting the Moblists.

To Star: I see what you're saying about adding a 48-hour limit for posting, but I see no advantage to anyone with it as it is; those who wait to see what others get leave themselves less time to get a score themselves. Also if other teams chose to wait in posting like yours has, then the results will always be uncertain until the end; I quite like that:) Also, this would be another deadline to impose, and I hate deadlines, they tend to put people off.

So the Screenies must be in by 12:00 15th July, and follow all the WPS rules (except my early demands for the Map to be on-screen, this has proved an unnecessary precaution).

Hurrikane

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!

WPS "consortium"

No Phasm Old to stop us this time!

We'll try to complete the set again :)

:laugh: @ 3 x Kingfisher globals - they HATE me so much for loot you wouldn't believe!

I bet I won't be asked to take part in this round :silly2:

:laugh: @ 3 x Kingfisher globals - they HATE me so much for loot you wouldn't believe!

I bet I won't be asked to take part in this round :silly2:

You're welcome to join the SV team Nadie :)

:scratch2: just wondering howmuch did nd pay for the wof brand to hype up hunting events on his LAs ?

what has this got to do with wof :scratch2:

edit : oh wait it's team hunting based , nevermind :silly2:

I hate kingfisher and they hate me back! :banghead:

:scratch2: just wondering howmuch did nd pay for the wof brand to hype up hunting events on his LAs ?

what has this got to do with wof :scratch2:

edit : oh wait it's team hunting based , nevermind :silly2:

1. No more than he'd pay to promote any other event I'm sure. Each month of the WPS carries a budget of Prizes, WoF Donation and Organiser Fee.

2. It's managed by those who brought you the WoF, in a WoF-Style, with teams and moblists.

At the moment the WPS is anyone's comp, every month; until more have a go, those who do have a very good chance of doubling their loot... (on entered globals) every month:)

Hurrikane

A week to go... and new Judge Chopper is eagerly awaiting the results of the round...

No-one want to post yet and worry the competition? :laugh:

Hurrikane

(flight leaves in a few hours, so au revoir EF:)

Au revoir Hurrikane, and have a Fantastic Trip...

(He'll still be keeping an eye on proceedings, even while "over there", fear not..)

He's right though, this thread is distinctly empty of Round 3 entries, so far...

Come on folks, give the competition something to aim at....

Just 1 week of WPS Round 3 to go!!

2500 ped in Prizes still up for grabs!

Who will win this round?​

Two quick comments/questions. Like the event its a very nice idea, but two little gripes:

He's right though, this thread is distinctly empty of Round 3 entries, so far...

I think the 48 hour rule or something similar is the only way to avoid this. No-one wants to give anything away and give an advantage to anyone else. There are teams competing, they're just not posting until the deadline.

I think maybe the rule there should be revised too. Its nicer to see a thread full of global pics through the month than an empty thread for thirty days and then everyone posts on the last day.

If its to avoid people seeing how the others are doing and giving up, I'm not sure it works really. There are ways to see how the others are doing anyway, it just takes more time and effort.

The ideal result in a WoF Pro-Series hunt would be a Team of say 4 or 5 hunters going out and getting all 5 globals in a mad two-hour hunt and sending in their screenshots for their entry.​

Is my understanding correct that you have to get all 5 mobs before you can enter?​

If so, its pretty impossible for anyone to get all 5 globals in 2 hours as it takes about an hour to find one Kingfisher Old on the LA. They were admittedly more common a week or two ago, but tonight I think we killed maybe 5 all night.​

Its not huge fun running around an LA for hours trying to spot an Old when we could be killing other mobs to increase our score....​

Phasm Any Maturity: Land Area 38 16300, 3100

16300, 3100 is in the middle of the ocean :D

....as it takes about an hour to find one Kingfisher Old on the LA. They were admittedly more common a week or two ago, but tonight I think we killed maybe 5 all night.​

Its not huge fun running around an LA for hours trying to spot an Old when we could be killing other mobs to increase our score....​

Amen to that :D

Five? Did we find that many? :rofl:

Two quick comments/questions.

I think the 48 hour rule or something similar is the only way to avoid this. No-one wants to give anything away and give an advantage to anyone else. There are teams competing, they're just not posting until the deadline.

I think maybe the rule there should be revised too. Its nicer to see a thread full of global pics through the month than an empty thread for thirty days and then everyone posts on the last day.

If its to avoid people seeing how the others are doing and giving up, I'm not sure it works really. There are ways to see how the others are doing anyway, it just takes more time and effort.

Hurrikane's response to this question was:

I see what you're saying about adding a 48-hour limit for posting, but I see no advantage to anyone with it as it is; those who wait to see what others get leave themselves less time to get a score themselves. Also if other teams chose to wait in posting like yours has, then the results will always be uncertain until the end; I quite like that. Also, this would be another deadline to impose, and I hate deadlines, they tend to put people off.

So I'm gonna leave that aspect of the competition as it is for now. One thing I could do is use the global tracker to find globals from WoF Pro Series team, and post hints about how teams are doing. This will also show that a competition is in progress...

It will also reassure me, and others, that people are Actually taking part.

Is my understanding correct that you have to get all 5 mobs before you can enter?​

Well, you can register for the competition with a single post of a single global from your team. You can then spend up to 4 weeks getting the other four, as long as you use the same team, or part thereof.
Of course, to qualify for one of the cash prizes donated by NeverDie, you will require a global on each of the 5 mobs, yes.

If so, its pretty impossible for anyone to get all 5 globals in 2 hours as it takes about an hour to find one Kingfisher Old on the LA. They were admittedly more common a week or two ago, but tonight I think we killed maybe 5 all night.

We're not gonna go with the time limit rule for now, so don't worry about only having a certain amount of time to work with.
As for Density, I will be speaking with NeverDie shortly about the next round of the WoF Pro Series, and between us we will ensure that there is decent density of the required mobs. In theory, I will choose the list carefully, and then ask ND to Tweek his DNA settings accordingly...
[/QUOTE]

16300, 3100 is in the middle of the ocean :D

Hmm... that IS embarassing.

I'll check the co-ords before posting the next round, but if it says "LA38" or similar, then you know where to go...

WoF England 2009 team were scoring well yesterday, it was great to see...

Surely they can't be allowed to take the WoF 2008 title, AND a WoF Pro Series win.

2500 ped awaits the 3 teams with the gumption to take them on.

If plucky little Wales can manage it, surely there are others who can.

2.5 days remain to score, and submit your globals...

Keep em coming folks..

its pretty impossible for anyone to get all 5 globals in 2 hours as it takes about an hour to find one Kingfisher Old on the LA. They were admittedly more common a week or two ago, but tonight I think we killed maybe 5 all night.[/LEFT]

Its not huge fun running around an LA for hours trying to spot an Old when we could be killing other mobs to increase our score...​

A little more on this point...

Knowing that LA, as I do, it is surely tough to find Olds amongst all the Youngs and Matures, I fully appreciate. As you said, it is my understanding that there were, are, have been more Olds over the last couple of weeks, quite deliberately. All I can say is do your best. You only need one of the pesky Olds to global, anytime in your four weeks, for a valid entry. Now I realise at this point that there are only 2.5 dasys left, but anyone who knows Hurrikane, or the WoF, knows of his love of differing the tactics required...

Rest assured, when round 4 is upon us in few days time, I will have given mob availability the utmost thought...

(I'm also considering giving the Kingfishers a break for a month, sshhh...)​

Thanks for the response Chopper.

On the time limit rule, yeah it doesn't bother me too much either way, just means the thread is empty until the end. Like you say it is possible to use Tracker to keep an eye on it, although it does take a little while and as you only can see the last 20 globals by a team, you need to check it quite often.

On the Kingfisher Olds, basically last night we spent 4 hours hunting and at least 2 of those were spent roaming the Kingfisher LA looking for Olds. That's no fun for anyone, and doesn't generate any taxes for the LA owner. But yes, I accept we entered late this month, basically just to give it a try and have a bit of fun. It would have been nice to be able enter though, even though likely the other teams will have outscored us this time round anyway. And really with the spawn the way it is at the moment it honestly could take 50 man hours to find enough Olds to have a reasonable chance to global.

But I do hunt there a bit myself, and the spawn is definitely lower maturity than it was a few weeks ago, so I guess we just timed it badly.

Hmm... that IS embarassing.

I'll check the co-ords before posting the next round, but if it says "LA38" or similar, then you know where to go...

Hehe, wasn't really a problem we just had a brief moment of confusion when we moved from hogs to phasm. But it seemed pretty unlikely there were Phasms that we didn't know about in the ocean so didn't really take long to figure out :D

While on-line just now I was delighted to witness one of the WoF Pro Series teams (I won't say which one..) getting the long sought-after Kingfisher Old Global. It was only a 55 pedder, but it is, as Laertes said, a hit - a very palpable hit....

I've pretty much got the list for round 4 nailed down, and I'm fairly sure I can guarantee that no-one will have to spend long hours trawling an LA for a specific mob/maturity... at least not this time...

In later rounds.. who knows? ;)

While on-line just now I was delighted to witness one of the WoF Pro Series teams (I won't say which one..) getting the long sought-after Kingfisher Old Global. It was only a 55 pedder, but it is, as Laertes said, a hit - a very palpable hit....

Yeah, sorry for the grumbling. Whilst I was busy whining my team mates we busy getting the global anyway :laugh:

Deadline for submission of Scoring Globals for Round 3 of the WoF Pre Series is 12:00 on Tuesday 15th July 2008!

As is traditional in these parts, I will be using MA Time, and "12:00" where I come from means midday...

So, by my calculations, you lot have a shade over 14 hours to get those Screenies posted.

That will give me Tuesday night to work out the results and post them...

Round 4 Mob List will go up at close to midday on the 16th, that's Wednesday.

So we are fast approaching The Crunch.

The question is How will you do when it comes to The Crunch?

Once again then, All screenshots to be posted by 12:00 MA (1pm BST) on Tuesday 15th July 2008.

That's TOMORROW! :yay:

WPS - WoF England 2009

A mix of England's main team and support went out and gave this a little go this weekend.

Nothing huge was found, but we did get all five, just about :D

75 PED Phasm Young

169 PED Hogglo Old

82 PED Kingfisher Young

51 ped Kingfisher Mature

55 ped Kingfisher Old

432 PED Total.

Nice one, Jimmy.

I am delighted to confirm that your 5 globals are all valid, which means you have a valid entry.

Despite your concern that "Nothing huge was found" I can also confirm that you are currently in the lead.

If less than 3 valid entries are received then I am authorised to award the prize money for the other place(s) as I see fit...

Not long til 12:00 (I make it 75 minutes at this point)...

If you're a WPS team, and you're holding on to screenies of valid scoring globals for Round 3, I would suggest that now is the time to post them..

Well, Hell's Teeth, Strike-a-Light, and Blind Old Jacob, (to borrow a few of my Mother's favorite expletive's), you are absolutely right Pip.

I was being so careful to add an hour because of British Summertime that I did it Twice. (And had to delete a lengthy post about BST/GMT/MA time in which I attempted to show that it was you who was wrong.. lol)

Which is a bit worrying, as I was sure there were other teams out there in the process of posting their entries...

Having re-read the initial post with the mob-list and the time frame, it is conceivable that there is ambiguity: The time stated is clearly "12:00" but Hurrikane does make reference to a "Tuesday night/Wednesday morning changeover".

Some people may have read into this that the cut-off point was midnight.

Of course, anyone keeping up with the posts in this thread would have seen it stated clearly that 12:00 today was the deadline...

So, I am inclined to allow any late entries at this point, but let's see what people think...

To All WPS Teams:

If you have entries, Post them here quickly, please. I may be forced to allow them in the interests of competition.

If you had a WPS team, but have failed to acheive all 5 globals, please post here stating that this was the case, so we know.

WPS WoF England 2009 Team, If you have strong objections to the above please also post. Technically at this point you have won Round 3... but you also have a few hours in which to improve your scores if you wish.

It could well turn out that every other team had problems getting that elusive Kingfisher Old global. Rest assured that Round 4 does not feature anything quite so tricky, but should prove much fun, nonetheless...

WoF England had recently noticed the midnight ambiguity...

Hurrikane's post does seem to imply a midnight deadline, and your post yesterday was a bit late to change deadlines really. Given the situation, it'd be unreasonable of us to object to the deadline being extended back to midnight I think.

Probably wouldn't have been so much of an issue if there was a 48hr rule though <cough> <laugh>

[First post also suggests posting entries in another thread, is it OK not to repost now that you've accepted our entry here?]

Thank you Jimmy - the voice of reason, sanity and fairness, as ever.

Any entries submitted up til midnight tonight MA Time (1am tomorrow UK), will be accepted, and this includes WPS WoF England 2009 entries which improve your score, provided all rules concerning mob/location/team etc are adhered to..

I am going to give some serious thought to the "48 hours to post your screenies" rule for future rounds... It's not exactly a tough deadline to meet, it would keep the thread alive, and keep the competition alive. Teams who thought they had turned in a decent score would have to reconsider when they see another team turn in something better. They would have the Opportunity to improve their scores, and the winner would still not be certain until the very end, so the excitement is not lost...

SO...

Round 3 ends at Midnight tonight (Tuesday 15th July 2008).

Results will be posted a few short hours later...

Round 4 will commence at Midday sharp on Wednesday 16th, and may include the 48 hour rule ;)

Reply to Edit:

There was a "Post your screenies here" Thread, used in the first round...

Bit pointless really, I'd rather see all round 3 screenies posted in the Round 3 thread, call me odd.

I was careful to check that no-one posted round 3 entries there, and they haven't, quite correctly in my humble opinion.

Feel free to edit out your screenies from earlier, I acknowledged that they were valid, but under the circs I have no objection to you removing them, and posting again later...

Good luck improving on those scores ;)

Last edited:
Well, Hell's Teeth, Strike-a-Light, and Blind Old Jacob, (to borrow a few of my Mother's favorite expletive's), you are absolutely right Pip.

I was being so careful to add an hour because of British Summertime that I did it Twice. (And had to delete a lengthy post about BST/GMT/MA time in which I attempted to show that it was you who was wrong.. lol)...

Wrong? :eek:

Me?? :eyecrazy:

Never! :silly2:

Never, I tell you!! :D

:laugh:

Wrong? :eek:

Me?? :eyecrazy:

Never! :silly2:

Never, I tell you!! :D

:laugh:

It didn't seem very likely. Presumeably that's what made me stop and check, with my cursor hovering over the Submit Reply button...

;)

Reactions: Pip
Feel free to edit out your screenies from earlier, I acknowledged that they were valid, but under the circs I have no objection to you removing them, and posting again later...

Good luck improving on those scores ;)

Thanks, as I understand the rules, if we did get more we could just repost higher ones which would override the original screens?

Thanks, as I understand the rules, if we did get more we could just repost higher ones which would override the original screens?

You certainly can, that is correct. The first global you posted had the entire team on it, so that is the one which confirms who the members are. After that feel free to post as many Improving scores as you like. The best 5 will be used in the end, provided they were all obtained by members of that original team.

Even that Phasm global from the first screen could be improved upon, as your team is already registered...

Makes sense? ;)

Even that Phasm global from the first screen could be improved upon, as your team is already registered...

Yeah cheers Chopper, that's what I assumed but I was going to check it for next month's competition anyway :)

Couple of improvements:

198 PED Phasm Young

256 PED Kingfisher Young

60 PED Kingfisher Mature

Total: 738

Back