WoF Records

Highest Loot, Single Match
32,669 PED, France (Stage 5 2009)

Also I France will have Highest Single Loot too, worth making a record of that one.

Good chance the next HSL will be a ATH!

Gratz to the teams for all the records yesterday, France for the uberhof, USA for the win streak (grr!) and Romania for the highest match score ever. Those could all stand for quite a long time plausibly.

France proved how unfair the ATH bonus rule can be. Is kind of unbalanced and IMO unfair. If that hof would have been few K more and they would have had few hof's more, the ATH would have changed the scores by a lot.

Original post should be updated to reflect all-time and season records now that the 2009 WoF is over. Some of those numbers up there are impressive :thumbup:

Enjoy!

:scratch2: I wonder how many records will fall this year?

Bumping up the records for new WoF members to see!

Canada must have broken some sort of record yesterday by scoring 100 points in the last 30 seconds :eek:

Canada must have broken some sort of record yesterday by scoring 100 points in the last 30 seconds :eek:

To be honest, that sort of thing would be difficult to quantify. I know of 4 teams that I was watching this last weekend that needed the bug to get the sweep. Once it was scored, they got +75 for the sweep and +25 for the bug (100 points right there).

I track enough numbers already without looking at times :laugh: There were some thrilling finishes however... you are right about that.

France proved how unfair the ATH bonus rule can be. Is kind of unbalanced and IMO unfair. If that hof would have been few K more and they would have had few hof's more, the ATH would have changed the scores by a lot.

Just a note on this point:

An ATH (for most) in hunting is a once-in-a-lifetime "pinnacle" of achievement in EU. It should therefore cause a suitable, and substantial change in the score as well. It's hardly something a team can plan to get (or someone would have by now) so the ATH Bonus is still a rare and elusive thing.

(I'll add that in many loot-based events an ATH would give an instant win; in the WoF the team who gets it also needs a half-decent score to double for it to lead to a win)

The first team to win the WoF by ATH will be no less champions in my eyes. You don't get to the Final with luck alone.

Hurrikane

If you can think of a statistic or record you would like to see, let me know and I will try to research it. I have all the results from all the matches except for the qualifiers both years.

Just thought of "consecutive weeks reaching support cap", or other records about support points... seems like team USA is doing ok this year, and iIm curious how it compares...

Just thought of "consecutive weeks reaching support cap", or other records about support points... seems like team USA is doing ok this year, and iIm curious how it compares...

Sorry about the delay, just been kinda busy lately ;)

Team USA Support has achieved the Support Cap for 4 consecutive hunts, and that is the current record and it is on-going. Meaning that if they do it again next hunt the recrod extends to 5. In fact, no one else is even close.

Team USA Support has achieved the Support Cap for 4 consecutive hunts, and that is the current record and it is on-going. Meaning that if they do it again next hunt the recrod extends to 5. In fact, no one else is even close.

Gratz to the US...

but to be really honest: Benelux is planning to break that record. we started with the first one in the last match ;)

Gratz to the US...

but to be really honest: Benelux is planning to break that record. we started with the first one in the last match ;)

Don't want to rain on your parade at all, but from a technical standpoint;

As it will effectively 'reset' at the Final where no cap is used, I'm afraid you might have to wait until next year's WoF to actually break this particular record, although a creditable second or even a draw is possible. That's if the USA stop 'capping out', which they show no obvious sign of doing as yet.
Good luck, other records still await you:)

Hurrikane

<edit>: D'ok actually that's wrong, if the USA don't cap again you have 5 possible capped matches ahead, so you could hope for a 6-4 victory at best, not a draw. Silly, must sleep.

Gratz to the US...

GL we will yet again cap and keep the streak going until we win the final ;)

Don't want to rain on your parade at all, but from a technical standpoint;

As it will effectively 'reset' at the Final where no cap is used, I'm afraid you might have to wait until next year's WoF to actually break this particular record, although a creditable second or even a draw is possible. That's if the USA stop 'capping out', which they show no obvious sign of doing as yet.
Good luck, other records still await you:)

Hurrikane

<edit>: D'ok actually that's wrong, if the USA don't cap again you have 5 possible capped matches ahead, so you could hope for a 6-4 victory at best, not a draw. Silly, must sleep.

GL we will yet again cap and keep the streak going until we win the final ;)

Well, at any rate, we'll do our best to come as close as we can...
And next year Benelux (all together 27 million people or so), will come back twice as strong to beat all of ya. :D

<Some wild competition devil has awoken in me...Fiiiiiiiight!!!> :yay:

;)

I was away doing what the Army told me to do, so this was delayed...

Updated OP to reflect records through WoF 2010.

Nice update of the records.

Most Points, Single Match, Two Teams
1381 – Sweden v Benelux, Stage 4 Round 2, 2010
1375 – Romania v Australia, Semifinals 2009
1358 – Australia v Benelux, Stage 4 Round 3, 2010

Nice to see BeNeLux in two of this Matches. We seem to bring out the best in our competitors. Which unfortunately made it impossible to get into the Semi's.

But we will be back next WoF.

Cheers
Siam

Awesome work as always :) TY for taking the time to update! :wtg:

Back