Question: another account hacked??

Status
Why o why

Well if he decided to give all his stuff for free, why I wasnt there:mad:
:woot:

Too bad this happened, and too bad I was not there.

Facts Not Fiction!

Gday Folks,

Here are some facts.....:eek:

FACT#1

I was at PA around 9am my time (MA+10hrs) around the TP when I noticed an unusual number of players in various armours and of various abilities milling around someone.

FACT#2

I had a closer look at a ava "Nocturnal Navigator" dropping items and ped around the place with the others swarming the ava like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

FACT#3

Myself and a avatar by the name of Jenny Ferr began to ask about why this was happening and then noticed that the ava was dumping all items and rang the alarm bells. We broadcasted a battery of questions at Nocturnal who ignored these and just kept dropping and prompting players to pick up.
From the screen shots to follow u will notice that there is no explanation during my time there (for most of the drops), the person playing Nocturnal was aggressive when MA support case is mentioned and doesnt do trades just drops.

FACT#4

At the height of chat around the matter of a hacked account, Nocturnal disappears and the frenzy continues as more hear of the incident and free items as well as a new ava wanting to sell a pistol.....KORSS 380 UL below market. I then target the individual HANZO to prevent him selling this dropped item by warning others that it may be from a hacked account and to be cautious. After more avas became suspect on a new ava suddenly trying to sell a pistol like this for 3K he took off to the Auction House and listed it with BO for 5K. I checked the auction to confirm he had indeed listed it and I was right.

FACT#5

At no time when I was calling HANZO out about the suspect item did he even deny or refute the facts presented to him and just went round picking trades with avas around the TP.

FACT#6

A number of veteran avas were present and witnessed this...WILDMAN will back me on the evidence presented in screenies.

FACT#7

I even made an international call to Mindark but got their answering service and the lady on the other end was like..."what has been hacked, ped you say....theft of what????" and referred me back to Tech Support lol. Poor woman wouldnt know what I was talking about after I then realised who she was and what she did. I believe Jenny Ferr made a support case on this matter though. Someone (cant remember just now - HIDE was his name!!) also was taking screenies of the items too.

Points I'd like to make....

1. If you are going to have a legitimate fire sale then please spam this a few times so that players like myself dont cry "WOLF" if indeed it is a legit item drop/treasure hunt when asked or confronted.
  2. This may not resurface until Nocturnal returns from a holiday, gets access to a computer (wife threw it out house) or when he next logs in when not busy with rl issues.
  3. Keyloggers etc seem to be uncommon from what i was told around the time by those who claimed to be in IT so it comes down to an account username and password becoming known to someone else (friend or other) and accessed. GOLD CARDS PEOPLE.....THE MESSAGE STILL RINGS IN MY EARS...dont know how many times people need to be told?
  4. MA could maybe look at a small section in their support side to flag an immediate suspected hacked account to prevent huge numbers of accounts being suspended pending an investigation. if it smells fishy it wouldnt hurt to have some from MA just have a quick look and send a message to the community (other than...the servers will be going down in 3 minutes...) advising of this. why, to prevent innocent people trading items that are tainted say 3 or 4 layers below the initial item drop/trade.

A final word....in particular to the moron who said why was it a problem to pickup a dropped hacked/stolen item and keep it and that this was ok/fine thing to do....I say this again:

Your walking home past your neighbours house when you see a guy in the window waving at you. You dont recognise him but then you dont now all your neighbours so you say 'Hi'. He says "want a TV?" and passes it out the window and declines any money. So you rub your grubby little hands together and stroll home with the TV. You justify it in your mind in so many different ways to yourself and convince your family that there was nothing wrong and sit down to watch a show....then there is a knock on the door and two police officers want to know where the TV came from and would like to talk to you so more on how u got it.

Is it then fair to say..."a guy in the house down a bit gave it to me through a window and didnt want money for it...so its ok as I didnt break in to get it and how was I to know the guy wasnt my neighbour... I have lots of neighbours i dont know... i always get deals through windows etc all the time and dont think nothing of this sort of transaction...its not illegal!'

WAKE UP!!! The case above without any reasoning as why things were being given out would surely been enough to prompt u to say....why is this guy giving away lots of expensive stuff and money (all people when they start surely understand the ped 2 cash ratio)?

I give away stuff sure...but I explain why and make a game out of it or reward others for their effort. I find alot of new players suspect me when I do this but when I explain why they feel better.

If someone wants to dump items that they have built up without payment then fine....but please please explain to onlookers why....else we all suffer while the mess gets straightened out.

Screenies to be added here.....soon

Bags :confused:

Last edited:
According to his profile I assume he owned/ owns hangar 28? anyone know the status of that or if the dded was dropped as well?

That would be a HUGE loss as that is a means of income on a steady basis..at least he could play pilot and maybe reaquire some of his items over time if he was hacked.

Hanger #28 is owned Currently by. David Force Majeure Gabriel. and is Located @ Fort Argus. so you might be looking at wrong or outdated information.

Last edited:
I remember this guy making up some story about how MA was following him IRL and monitoring all his activities.

Damn i knew it, they have been following me to - I know it was Marco and Jan in the meat isle of Asda on Monday. :smirk:

I am not sure what happend. But i can not believe that a hacker just goes out and give away random stuff to nubs...

Nevertheless

GOLD CARD

ftw!

Just popped back into my mind.

Like 3 months ago, there were 2 (noob) avatars at Corinth`s TP.

1 of them claiming his (old) avatar "Nocturnal Navigator" got hacked long(?) ago and nothing is left.

Anyway, we need more of such (acid) people in PE :)

Thanks Bags

Good to see another Aussie stepping in with the info ;)

I am inclined to think that this is not a hacking as such but a revenge action by someone he knows.

All it takes is for you to be not home and you GC at the computer....
Your room mate, brother, friend, GF, Ex, or even wife who you have done something to piss off logs in with you GC and bye bye all your hard earned.

This could have been done as a joke by someone that knows how the game works but perhaps doesnt understand the whole MOD FAP is worth 30grand issue.

Treat your GC like your life savings....

Just popped back into my mind.

Like 3 months ago, there were 2 (noob) avatars at Corinth`s TP.

1 of them claiming his (old) avatar "Nocturnal Navigator" got hacked long(?) ago and nothing is left.

Anyway, we need more of such (acid) people in PE :)

i remember that

Yep, if you remember there was a person that was locked for several months due to accepting the free items from an avatar. Same kind of situation... .... someone just walking up to him and handing him stuff and he accepted. It took him several months to get unlocked even though he didn't do a dang thing but accept the trade and tried for a loooooong time to get MA to just let him give the guy his stuff back! So, will the ppl that accepted the trades or picked stuff up may just get locked again over this one?????

I had figured that the person that got hacked had gotten the police to help him and that's why MA took the actions that they did.

The way I understood it was that 'some' of the items that were given away to others & sold at some point weren't given back it seems.. including a hanger.. hmmmm mmmm mmmm

Same time frame McCormick.... :scratch2:

Maybee its a new event!

:cool:

Like a MA Rigged event to Get you all to BUY a GC system? OOOOOOO Creepy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Pollus is now Officially off his Old Man's Rocker and He's in the kitchen with Echo's 3 foot long wooden Spoon Stirring up the Shit.

BTW Pollus Echo called, She wants Her Spoon back.

if one more person says "gold card" i think i may injure someone.

we do not know that the legitimate owner didnt just dish out all his gear. people do this in real world either due to going mad, some breakdown or because of some epiphany. nor do we know that, if this wasnt done by the owner, if the person doing such actions didnt have physical access to the GC.

until Nocturnal Navigator or someone who knows him directly has input, this is all conjecture.

Gday All,

I am sure all of it will either pass very quickly or else a stern message will be heard over a loud speaker....ATTENTION CITIZENS! blah blah lol

Anyway here is some of the banter that took place after the items were dropped or being dropped.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I am curious though as to who may have picked up the Korss 380 UL and I guess if they get onto EF and say...my account is locked then we will have a possible start to a long trail....:scratch2:

Be alert out there fellow citizens!

Bags

Really odd. Nocturnal Navigator (or the ava posing as him) initiated a prolonged conversation with me at Twin about 3 weeks ago. He had his full Angel on and claimed to have been playing for years. After a few minutes it became obvious that he in fact knew very little about the game, even to the point that he wasn't sure how the Soc. terminals worked, (though he managed to set up his own, Savoyager Majestics, on 26th June). I was so sceptical about all this that I put it to him bluntly that he hadn't been playing for years at all and he became quite defensive, saying he had a long break etc. He then got very excited when I kitted up in Suprem to go hunting and yet must have seen such armour many times before if he is who he says.

I'm not making any accusations here but you can draw your own conclusions from the above, as I did 3 weeks ago!

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

a good old friend of me was give all his items away in twin ... for free ... and not realy cheap items ! it was a nice gun and armor and some expensive cloths like master coat.

he was sik of eu and so he gave all items away for free.

i think a hacker will trade all and not give away for noting.

I met Nocturnal Navigator, few months ago at Argus, and he told me his account had been hacked before.

I met Nocturnal Navigator, few months ago at Argus, and he told me his account had been hacked before.

sounds not good:(

now you see....

now you don't...

where is his armor though? i just last seen him here...

a good old friend of me was give all his items away in twin ... for free ... and not realy cheap items ! it was a nice gun and armor and some expensive cloths like master coat.

he was sik of eu and so he gave all items away for free.

i think a hacker will trade all and not give away for noting.

I think the same.

He was drunk and kinda pissed:)

Or its an old old ava who quited PE, MA random dude connected on his account, with all MA staff laughing in his back watching the screen. Its a new MA tactic to rebalance the loot pool and create soap on EF.

Nocturnal Navigator has been around since gold at least. Always acting mysterious and paranoid. He "left" a long time ago (had him on my friendlist for quite some time) since he felt misunderstood about how he perceived PE (EU) and how MA operated and conducted themselves. At the time he had quite a lot of stuff (big packrat and he also traded alot), which are now considered valuable. Bit of an oddball, colorfull oddball though. Always loved to listen to his farout ideas. (Check the other ancient forum from a wellknown society for his conspiracy theories)

I highly doubt the avatar is currently operated by the same person.

NN

Schizophrenia!! :scratch2:

That would explain it for sure. :eek:

I am intrigued ;)

:popcorn:

hmm plot thickens....

Anyone spot that when SakuraQueen posted those two screenies that Nocturnal was on and then disappeared - Hanzo (guy who picked up Nocturnals Korss 380 UL and listed on auction) was on as well?

Maybe Nocturnal sold the ava and Hanzo is a beneficiary of said sale?

I cannot believe that an experienced player even if disillusioned with the game simply gives stuff away and does not try and recoup their investment and get their ped paid out.

Anyways....

Bags

:mad: Looks like i was at the wrong place at the right time. :rolleyes:

Ah well..... blooditems arent so great anyway.....

I was alerted to the situation at the time, and tbh, I really didn't care. If you are a player, you should have a gold card, period, no exceptions. There's more than enough advertising of the gold card, so, there's really no excuse.

That all being said, I'd like to throw another thoery out there...

Maybe, just maybe, this crazy nutball guy actually got a job with Mindark, or one of their affiliates, and had to cash out his avatar. So, instead of just tt'ing everything, and getting the cahs, he figured it would be cool, and start a crazy thoery about him getting hacked, and/or being a drunk nutball, or whatever.

For all we know, it could have been Frank/David/Marco with their personal company avatar being crazy.

Damn, wish I woulda stopped hunting to go see the specticle.

~Red

He does have a gold card as you guys/gals might remeber I was locked for quite sometime and it was his items I was holding.So this has happened to him again ? So beware if what you all are saying is true sounds like bunch ppl may be gettin put on lock.

He does have a gold card as you guys/gals might remeber I was locked for quite sometime and it was his items I was holding.So this has happened to him again ? So beware if what you all are saying is true sounds like bunch ppl may be gettin put on lock.
lmao.. no way, it was him that got you locked?!?!?!

LMAO!!!!

:popcorn: for sure now!

Are we looking at serial hacking here? I wonder, after reading Death's other post about his situation. And the drops going to several avvys, does this indicate a large number of accounts that may have been compromised/hacked?

Have people been playing around with any new software lately, that is EU related?

not sure how you can know for sure either way if an avatar has a GC, but if this is a repeat i'd expect MA to ignore it this time because...

Are we looking at serial hacking here?

sounding more like someone hasnt secured physical access to there PC and someone is mucking about with their avatar - twice.

anything related with the 6 of nothing event ? ;)

by the way, do the 10kpeds had been found ? :D

Status
Back