WoF Pro Series Run 5 - "The Full Monty"

Not that it matters but Season 1 was M2S Legends, not MS2 Legends :p

Not that it matters but Season 1 was M2S Legends, not MS2 Legends :p

Of course it matters Star, my little Triffid. What eagle eyes you have...

Original Post amended, and I'll try to go back thru 3 and 4, and make sure it's not shown incorrectly there.

My apologies to all in Menace 2 Society...

Right, I'm back from a muddy field, and I've showered. So I guess I'd better have a sift thru the entries so far... Good to see people getting on the case early and notching up some benchmark scores...

wfs maffoid challenge 5

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

phasm mature 56 peds
hogglo old 315 peds
kingfisher young 140 peds
longu dominant 69 peds
atrax old alpha 20805 peds
total 21385peds

Dam outstanding Myne Lady Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, its on like donky kong:wtg:

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

wfs maffoid challenge 5

phasm mature 56 peds
hogglo old 315 peds
longu dominant 69 peds
total 21385peds

:yay:Made no mistake this time, right mob !:yay:

WPS "consortium" Run (5)

Kingfisher Young 170ped
Nicolette Saturns Gleam Snapped this screenie tonight, but her position key is bugged.

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

Bloody Hell Maffoid Challenge!!!!!!

That is one HUGE Trax!!

Gratz :yay:

Holy crap, big gratz Maffoid Challenge!

We're gonna have to ATH a hog lol :laugh:

:eek: Gratz Maffoid Challenge :wtg:

Nice work folks. I asked you to make me come home to a pile of work to do, and you didn't disappoint. :)

So, if you've just tuned in, here's what just went down...

We have 3 teams currently battling it out:

WPS - TDO are a team of 11 from The Disturbed Ones society. They've either cleverly worked out that 11 is the optimum team hunt number, or couldn't find a 12th TDO with the Cahones to fight in the WoF ;) But they're a force to be reckoned with : a big team featuring some fine hunters, and some Dogged Determination rivalled only by that of the GloryHounds themselves...

WPS Maffoid Challenge are only a 2 avatar team, but both have shown great scoring ability in the past, and they only have to split prize money in half. Skilled, and Motivated...
A 10k HoF in Run 4 shows they can find the big loots, and I hear they've been fine-tuning their "Correct-Mob" Senses...

WPS Consortium are a team of 5. Bronze Medalists is the last Run, will certainly want to show they're not third best. a Well Balanced team featuring some fine Hunters
So watch out!

The TDO kicked off the scoring with a fine score of 667... from all 5 scoring mobs, so they're first off the mark. Not long after that they bumped it up to 699 with a better Kingfisher. But not before....

The Consortium came in with 938 points... from just 3 mobs, including a very nice 811 ped Hogglo.

Into the fray come the Maffoid Challenge... Like the TDO they submitted a middle sized entry at first, and then bumped up the score with an improvement or 2... But what an improvement! A kindly 20k Atrax put their score up to a massive 21,385.

(Shadow will be delighted to learn that on this occasion it was indeed the right mob:))*

But they didn't stop there... Oh no. Insead of shopping for toys they managed to bump their score up again to 21,415.

The Consortium then hit back... with a 170 ped Kingfisher. However, there was further drama when it had to go to a...

JUDGES DECISION
Guest Judge Today : The Stig, out of Top Gear

The Stig, out of Top Gear, being a man of very few words, communicated his decision using gestures and nods, spelling out the trickier concepts using tyreprints from wheelspinning his db9 on the Top Gear Runway, but I am able to translate.

"The 170 ped Kingfisher global from the Consortium team satisfies all WPS rules, save one. It does not show time and location in all-chat.
I have looked closely at the screenshot and, being a regular visitor to Calypso myself, I clearly recognise the rock formations in the background as being in LA13. From the picture I am happy that the team were within LA13 when the global hit.
As for time, I have had confirmation from Jeremy Clarkson, His Honour Judge Cholmondley of Chard, and Josh my 13 year old, all of whom were online at the time and saw the global take place, that it has been posted within 48 hours.
Therefore I am happy to allow the 170 points"

Thank you, Stig. And thank you Consortium.

SO...

Currently in Run 5 it looks like this:

1st Place : "Maffoid Challenge"
21,415 Points

2nd Place : "TDO"
699 Points

Yet to Qualify : "Consortium"
1041 Points from 3 Mobs

The TDO need to boost their score, to protect against Consortium storming into 2nd...

The Consortium need to pick up those other 2 mobs to validate their already fine score...

Maffoid Challenge face a tough choice. Improve your score, or go shopping for toys... Good luck with that...

and The Fat Lady needs to "Sit back down, love. Seriously, shove off. Yes I know it's a big score, but this is the WoF Pro Series and Anything can happen, you know that. No I'm not letting you sing, go back to your dressing room. I mean it. Hey I tell you what, there's cake in the Green Room. Really. Yup, as much as you want. Yes it free.
There ya go, good girl...

It ain't over yet...

* - The huge 20k Atrax from Maffoid Challenge was posted by Ah in a very modest and understated way. Not a hint of bragging or "in-your-face"edness.. Well done.
If it was my 20k it would have had a ;) next to the entry.
If it had been the TDO I'd have come home to 11 pages of Crowing.

Last edited:
Kingfisher Young 170ped
Nicolette Saturns Gleam Snapped this screenie tonight, but her position key is bugged.

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure
Just to be safe from my perspective... (Force was adding me to the team lol)

Thanx Moogle, nice cover.

The global was safe already, but back-ups are sensible...

For some reason I'm seeing my post above as being oddly currupted. Not sure if it's just me, or if everyone's seeing the same thing...

Until I get it sorted out:

21,415 Points

699 Points

1041 Points from 3 Mobs

I did see some Consortium globbies out there tonight...

We'll just have to wait to see what they submit...

Edit :

I fixed the "Match Commentary" post above, finally.
Apologies for errors and weirdness...

Feel free to catch up with how it all went 2 posts up...

Last edited:
Not just you Mr Chopper....

Thanx Moogle, nice cover.

The global was safe already, but back-ups are sensible...

For some reason I'm seeing my post above as being oddly currupted. Not sure if it's just me, or if everyone's seeing the same thing...

Until I get it sorted out:

21,415 Points

699 Points

1041 Points from 3 Mobs

I did see some Consortium globbies out there tonight...

We'll just have to wait to see what they submit...

Iam not able to post time/ position stamp, with globals @ same time..i try resting fraps, but Sir Moogle will soon post are two remaining mobs.:scratch2:

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

WPS "consortium" Run 5

Atrax Alpha 109 ped
As you can see no position stamp, hence second screenie.
Position stamp, but no global announcement in open chat like the above screenie. But same global.

Longu Dominant 53ped
Tweeked it a little and worked on this screenie:scratch2:

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

We need to fix your rig Force lol

just in case someone gets technical withe the rules

Code:
| Phasm Mature      60
| KingFisher Young 170
| Atrax Alpha      107
| Longu Dom         53

just in case someone gets technical withe the rules

Code:
| Phasm Mature      60
| KingFisher Young 170
| Atrax Alpha      107
| Longu Dom         53

Both screenies are good, nice work...

Thanx Moogle for providing the backups... Screenies DO need to have time and position clearly shown. You have managed on this occasion to cobble together something close enough for our extinguished* Judges to be satisfied. You need to get that nailed down though, ideally... ;)

I am gonna have to get technical about 1 thing though...

That Trax was 109, not 107. So have yrselves 1203 points instead :)

21,415 Points

2nd Place : "Consortium"
1203 Points

3rd Place : "TDO"
699 Points

* - not a spelling error. We like to set fire to the judges periodically, It keeps them on their toes and let's them know who really in charge, but mostly for sheer entertainment.

Last edited:
Still a long way to go, and my friend Ah is not in the "shopping for toys" mood just yet ;) in fact, we're gearing up for tonite's run.

BTW, Maffoid Challenge placed 3rd last time and have yet to claim our prize.

WoF England met up last night, confident we could ATH ourselves and dethrone Maffoid Challenge. Started well, first mob killed was a HoF:

kingfisher_thumb.jpg

245 PED Kingfisher Young + Team Definition

Meanwhile the rest of us were on hogs and after about half an hour we had another HoF:

418 PED Hogglo Guardian

We got a small Phasm too, a couple of us battled it out in the eye-straining conditions to try and improve it and finally found this one:

97 PED Phasm Mature

We also have quite a few Longus and Atrax. Our best unfortunately have screen problems. We've got a 151 PED Longu and a 91 PED Atrax both lacking stamps. They're recorded in Tracker and I can provide alternative screens myself confirming time but not location, dunno if the landscape is sufficient or not so I'll post them:

pe0718_thumb.jpg

151 PED Longu Alpha

91 PED Atrax Old Alpha

Total: 1002 if screens are permitted.

Last edited:
WoF England met up last night, confident we could ATH ourselves and dethrone Maffoid Challenge. Started well, first mob killed was a HoF:

kingfisher_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile the rest of us were on hogs and after about half an hour we had another HoF:

418 PED Hogglo Guardian

Nice hog ! gratz :yay:

BTW, Maffoid Challenge placed 3rd last time and have yet to claim our prize.

Both the above statements are true.

We held a small but pleasant award ceremony at Twin, RC collected 1800 for TDO, and Pinky collected England's 800. When you guys didn't show, Pinky talked us all into spending your 500 on Caroot Cake. Sorry. But it was lovely.

Not really. It's safe in my storage. Just let me know when and where you can meet me and I'll hand it over happily... ;)

Not at home right now. I'll look over the screenies as soon as I get back tonight, Jimmy. this machine doesn't seem to wanna let me click expand the piccies, so I can't tell how badly you stuffed em up ;)

More later then, including Englands dramatic arrival...

Can't see screenies...

kingfisher_thumb.jpg

418 PED Hogglo Guardian

We got a small Phasm too, a couple of us battled it out in the eye-straining conditions to try and improve it and finally found this one:

97 PED Phasm Mature

We also have quite a few Longus and Atrax. Our best unfortunately have screen problems. We've got a 151 PED Longu and a 91 PED Atrax both lacking stamps. They're recorded in Tracker and I can provide alternative screens myself confirming time but not location, dunno if the landscape is sufficient or not so I'll post them:

pe0718_thumb.jpg

151 PED Longu Alpha

91 PED Atrax Old Alpha

But no issues here from WPS "consortium".
Mr Jimmy B's word is gold, lots of work went into thoughs globals iam sure.
Hope they count Sir.

I had issues last few hunts but all fixed now and good too go.

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

Yeah, I seem to be having trouble viewing those screenies too, Jimbo...

I can confirm that all 5 appear on the Tracker, under the name "WPS WoF England 2009", and I can't imagine that you would have gone off hunting WoF mobs on other Land Areas during a WPS Hunt, but we aught to see em really...

I know we've allowed one or two rules to be bent a little in this Run here and there, but can you post em again, England please..?

Yeah, I seem to be having trouble viewing those screenies too, Jimbo...

I can confirm that all 5 appear on the Tracker, under the name "WPS WoF England 2009", and I can't imagine that you would have gone off hunting WoF mobs on other Land Areas during a WPS Hunt, but we aught to see em really...

I know we've allowed one or two rules to be bent a little in this Run here and there, but can you post em again, England please..?

Wow that's weird, when Jimmy B posted the screenies they were fine, as you can see from Angel's post just after Jimmy's, but they seem to have since disappeared.... :scratch2:

Sorry, not sure what happened to my pictures there. They were displaying OK when I posted them. This thread is bugged lol. Trying again:

245 PED Kingfisher Mature

418 PED Hogglo Guardian

151 PED Longu Alpha

97 PED Phasm Mature

91 PED Atrax Old Alpha

disregard question :D

Last edited:
WPS "consortium", Run (5) pick ups.

Longu Alpha 143ped

Atrax Stalker 151ped

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Any chance of a ruling on our dodgy globals Chopper?

Happy to go along with whatever you decide, just need to know so we can decide what we need to kill :D

change in longu

wfs maffoid challenge 5

phasm mature 56 peds
hogglo old 315 peds
longu old alpha 148 peds
total 21474peds

updated longu

Hi all,

Been away for a day or 3 again, family wedding... It was lovely...

Jimmy, I have used a combination of your posts, Moog's posts and Entropia Tracker to establish that your current 5 are all good.

Consortium's updates are equally valid....

As is Maffoid Challenge's...

So, currently in Run 5 it looks like this:

21,464 Points

2nd Place : "Consortium"
1340 Points

3rd Place : "WoF England 2008"
1002 Points

Dog Spot : "TDO"
699 Points

Nice work everyone, keep it up....

I bet the TDO will have something to say about it fairly shortly though.. ;)

Last edited:
Back