Support Policy Regarding Accidental Item Recycling

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Support Policy Regarding Accidental Item Recycling
19 Aug 2008

Due to recent events, we recognize a need to review our policy regarding the accidental Trade Terminal recycling of valuable items. Despite the VU 9.0 introduction of an extra confirmation request during the recycle process, accidental recycling of valuable items persists.

Until a satisfactory permanent solution has been implemented, a change in policy is now in effect. This allows participants to request the recreation and return of an accidentally recycled item. An administration fee of 1000 PED plus the Trade Terminal value of the item will be charged for each request.

All future requests must be submitted within 7 days of the incident. A temporary exception is also available for reported accidental recycling incidents after VU 9.0 (10 Oct 2007) until today. When submitting such requests please include the original Support Case number. When submitting all requests, please include the full exact name of the item, the date and the time of the accidental recycling.

Originally Posted Here

Wow this puts some hope in for Joe Jeff.
/Arwen

Thanks to squall tting his precious amp, ordinary people can now get their stuf back. gz lol

tadaaaa!

Impact! suits both fore and against.

Am glad to see the right thing done, now i no longer need to worry about TT'ing my imp fap when ive had too many beers! :yay::yay::yay:

These are great news - very good reaction from MA to protect from bigger losses at the TT :)

At first glances this seems a step in the right direction, certainally for one individual at least.

This is a good way of solving it I think. The 1k ped fee makes sure that people dont request silly things like fap-15s and such.. And still it ensures that you dont have to be a nervewreck every time getting close to the TT with a valueable item in inventory.

Im very satisfied with the outcome, myself. So, good job MA. And "Grats" Jeff!

I like this fair and clever response!

1000 PED = 100 USD = 1 hour price for european engineer.
It will allow big mistakes to be repaired, and it will prevent abuses and little scams.

I hope that this solution will not TT the "satisfactory permanent solution".

Nice move from MA :D Someone suggested this in another thread but MA of course doubled the fee to get the item back... well still a really good way of solving the problem and nice to see that it is also valid back to VU 9.0.

:wtg::wtg:

That's a very wise decision imo. Or rather a compromise. Not only Jeff's situation will be solved, but also everyone's who has tt'ed something really valuable past vu 9.0

I like this fair and clever response!

1000 PED = 100 USD = 1 hour price for european engineer.
It will allow big mistakes to be repaired, and it will prevent abuses and little scams.

I hope that this solution will not TT the "satisfactory permanent solution".

Where do you work, I guess I have to change job soon ;) jk.

Good job MA :thumbup:

Good to see you can recognise when a procedure isnt working.

Well done MA.

well done MA.

So they read the forums.
So much activity about Squall here because there's not much else to talk about at the moment.
Until CE2 get here that is...;)

+rep for MA
a fair solution not only for Jef's situation but for all with a valuable item sold in tt past vu9.0
Lot's of work for the support department but it must be done....

I feel lucky that I 'm a citizen of EU.

+rep again for MA

Its best possible solution imo. Good job MA.

Phew, if I was Squall now, I would probably vomit from relief :eek:

Fairly satisfactory outcome I would say :wtg:

Massive relief at this change!

Many thanks for listening!

Weeeeeee

Now give back the amp pleeeeezeeee *puppy eyes*

Nice move making it retro to VU 9, putting in the time limit for requests, and charging for the effort to do the research and get the item back.

This is as much a victory for Jeff as for the comunity & MA.
Look what can be done when people communicate!
This was the best outcome imaginable.

+Rep to MA. ( and i don't say that easily ) :yay:

I will mark this day in my calender as the day when MA
changed a rule and the comunity actually cheered!
Imagine that huh?.. ;)

Last edited:
this is realy good news abouth this .
So we have again same ruls for all, thats nice and the right way:)

Well done MA! Alittle more faith from me towards you guys at MA:)

Very good solution, good job MA. Hope everyone will be satisfied now.

Back