Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters

Lugzan

Elite
Society
The Maniacs
J- Lugzan M-
so,

there once was a balancing manager who said those requirements are totally ok. now, after laughing at that statement for quite a while already, maybe it's time to overview the subject?

what I suggest the manager to think about is how slowly those pro levels progress. I'm sure there is more than one guy at MA's office who can give out exact numbers how much of those faps must be burnt to achieve level 109 paramedic to start maxing the maximum fap and how long would it take in case of continuously clicking the fap 15 hours a day (ok, a target must be found for that aswell...) as not everyone should achieve maximum in a easy way, let them calculate something for medium guys aswell, let's say for around pro level 60. my humble and probably rough estimation is added here.

many have said so far, that there is no realistic way progressing on the ladder fast enough and chipping in paramedic skills takes a body part to sell (don't know for sure if Kygon still has both of his livers attached...) so, maybe MA should reconsider those requirements for the good of players who do not find it very close to fun standing in the same spot on the mob variety ladder for tens of years to come. maybe it would bring very much fun back into hunting if those requirements are made less 10..30%.

the poll is made for people to state their opinion about it.

J.

Last edited:
I agree, those requirements are a pain in the ass...

so,

there once was a balancing manager who said those requirements are totally ok. now, after laughing at that statement for quite a while already, maybe it's time to overview the subject?

what I suggest the manager to think about is how slowly those pro levels progress. I'm sure there is more than one guy at MA's office who can give out exact numbers how much of those faps must be burnt to achieve level 109 paramedic to start maxing the maximum fap and how long would it take in case of continuously clicking the fap 15 hours a day (ok, a target must be found for that aswell...) as not everyone should achieve maximum in a easy way, let them calculate something for medium guys aswell, let's say for around pro level 60.

many have said so far, that there is no realistic way progressing on the ladder fast enough and chipping in paramedic skills takes a body part to sell (don't know for sure if Kygon still has both of his livers attached...) so, maybe MA should reconsider those requirements for the good of players who do not find it very close to fun standing in the same spot on the mob variety ladder for tens of years to come. maybe it would bring very much fun back into hunting if those requirements are made less 10..30%.

the poll is made for people to state their opinion about it.

J.

I think you mean kidney's
People tend to have only one liver ;)

But i agree. Without chipping it is really really hard to progress. I have maxed the UR125 (L) now for over 6 months. And i just reached the point i can start using the next L SIB giving FAP. Which is looted only in PvP4 and in short supply. Also the stats are so bad atm that it is not a really feasable FAP to hunt with. I need to progress at least another 4 profession levels before i think about it. So somewhere middle 2010 unless i chip some.

The L FAPs should have an overlap in profession levels just like most L weapons.

Cheers
Siam

I think everyone knows what I think, those higher faps are fucking insulting, its the biggest tease MA has ever done.... a carrot I can never reach !

here's a fap you'd love to use but it will REALLY take you 50 years to use it and an extra 5 to max it or you can eat 900k of skill chips (if the were even available)

for me to use the biggest fap I would have to eat all the paramedic skills from the top 5 socs combined!

LOTS of natural skilling (BIG mobs small armor) with SIB and maxed faps its taken almost a year for 1 prof level

for me chipping is out now it costs me 5k to gain less than 200 FA :(

If all (L) FAPs were maxed at 25, I bet that some people would want some "uber" (L) FAPs. :D

Isn't it nice to have goals, difficult goals? ;)

Voted no.

(And your poll is not easy to undersatnd in my opinion. HAd to read the thread twice. Maybe is that just me? Friday long week hard work bla bala...)

He didn't say max all L FAPs at lvl 25

He said reducing their requirements a bit so there is a better SIB ladder.
After the UR125 (L) it starts to get gaps and the natural progress is so slow that you need 50 years or more to get to the biggest L FAP atm available.

It would be nice if after you mxed a FAP you can start with an next one having SIB. Then you have a choice in using the SIB one or the maxed one.

Cheers
Siam

If all (L) FAPs were maxed at 25, I bet that some people would want some "uber" (L) FAPs. :D
This is a dumb thing to say. I've nearly maxed the SK-80, but it's NEVER even for sale. There is no way in hell for me to naturally skill to to the UR-175, which is the fap that best suits my need atm. An that is 'only' level 39 paramedic to start SIB. Why should it be all but impossible for all intents and purposes to reach a level where you can even use a mediocre (L) fap?

MA have clearly made a mistake here. There is still progression - slow as it may be - in skilling everything else. Even a Svempa XT at lvl 66 is obtainable. Level 66 Paramedic? :laugh: :laugh:

+rep for the OP.

Well if MA made it easy to max those faps all imp and mod ones would drasticly drop in price.

Well if MA made it easy to max those faps all imp and mod ones would drasticly drop in price.
Maybe not drastically. No one is talking about lowering the reqs so that level 20 Paramedic would now enable you to use a Vivo Zychion Pro. Either up the skilling a bit, or lower the reqs a bit.

I don't see the harm in that for uber fap owners either.

MA have clearly made a mistake here. There is still progression - slow as it may be - in skilling everything else. Even a Svempa XT at lvl 66 is obtainable. Level 66 Paramedic? :laugh: :laugh:

agreed the difference between XT and FAP is amazing the gains in paramedic are so slow and frustrating, its simply not possible to skill quickly

these big faps are simply unobtainable, lets say MA made a gun with a 300 level req, well thats an equivalent level to the big faps

obviously but there has to be a happy medium a mod fap level L fap would cost in skills about 4 time the cost of a mod fap, is that fucking fair when I can quite easily get a MM level L gun with my natural 4 year skills, with natural skills L faps are quite simply FUCKED

I agree - now after two years I have reached lvl 20 paramedic. This has been reached naturally mostly, but I have also chipped in anatomy.

I don't see myself ever being able to use a fap like UR125, I'll be stuck with ek2600 and vivo t20 for the forseeable future.

As I have just unlocked Treatment I after 3,5 Years I have to agree. It is maybe hard to reach Command and Kill Strike from level 54 but it will be nerly impossible to reach level 50 in Paramedics from 25.

MA has 100% to change something in that matter.

PS:

As MA goes by numers to look if something is important I think someone should make a good Past to Support, with good aruments numbers etc. and then as many as possible members should copy it and send it to support.

no-no-no, it was deliberate! where do you think Kygon got so much ped for his paramedic levels? :whistle: yes, some have more than one...

:laugh:

now, laugh mode off. imp/mod owners you say? yes, they will be pissed that the price will become more stable. anyway, it's a big donkey investor who dislikes it the most and I don't give a duck about their interest (read: interest) in the section of just holding the equipment dusting. actually, even if someone, lets say 100 people reach pro level 100 paramedic in next 5 years, I'm confident that'll not stop The faps inflating.

J.

As many have pointed out already... it is extremely difficult to skill up Paramedic; instead of lowering requirements, maybe, at least, new faps can be introduced in between to make it easier.
At this point, any change will be welcomed... so I voted yes.

I think everyone knows what I think, those higher faps are fucking insulting, its the biggest tease MA has ever done.... a carrot I can never reach !

here's a fap you'd love to use but it will REALLY take you 50 years to use it and an extra 5 to max it or you can eat 900k of skill chips (if the were even available)

for me to use the biggest fap I would have to eat all the paramedic skills from the top 5 socs combined!

LOTS of natural skilling (BIG mobs small armor) with SIB and maxed faps its taken almost a year for 1 prof level

for me chipping is out now it costs me 5k to gain less than 200 FA :(

Completely agree with what Kygon wrote and what is said in this thread. What were they thinking to make those skill req's in the 60+ region... The only people that can reach these gains are those old players who auto fap skilled (mostly) to reach the insane levels they were at and that was before the first major nerf that made it that much insanely slower to try and skill a fap. The cost alone to reach those higher levels would require me to sell a freakin house to be able to afford it oh and possibly my left nut...

Oh and most of the people that would vote no in this thread are those who currently own highend faps because of course it would at least have a minor impact on their value :(... I wouldn't think it wouldn't have that much of an effect though as for the low amount of mod/imp faps per the amount of player base and the mad efficiency that those ultra faps have including a nicer speed.

But i agree. Without chipping it is really really hard to progress. I have maxed the UR125 (L) now for over 6 months. And i just reached the point i can start using the next L SIB giving FAP. Which is looted only in PvP4 and in short supply. Also the stats are so bad atm that it is not a really feasable FAP to hunt with. I need to progress at least another 4 profession levels before i think about it. So somewhere middle 2010 unless i chip some.

The L FAPs should have an overlap in profession levels just like most L weapons.

Cheers
Siam

This is what I was saying in my "Current Supply of Sk-50s" thread. There needs to be an overlap!
Skilling with a maxed SIB fap gives even worse skills than something like a FAP 80, but usually has better eco....
It sucks, I used to look at UR125 at 140% and think to myself "Ok, advance further in Paramedic to be able to use a less markup FAP for better eco...." but now they are the same % as T20s, so the motivation is gone.

how many ppl ingame have paramedic lvl 100+ ?

Voted Yes.

I have just max'd the UR175. It has cost me a fortune in chips. Not really any point in going any further as I don't see it as being a good use of PED.

What do people think should be the way forward on getting MA to look at this issue?

Regards,

Will

I would've like one more option for the poll:
Should Kygon accept a donation of 1-2 more livers so he is whole again?

And even they can't use the top (L) faps. :laugh: (unless they actually have level 113)

and 119 to max! ;)

btw for those thats asked my paramedic level is just over 47 (and I've spent about 55k on skills from my 4 year natural)

and if you work out the corresponding Laster sniper level for a rifle matching the skill gains or para vs sniper 119 would easily be a 300 prof level

Im close to unlocking Kill strike naturally (well 3 prof levels) but naturally with alot of naked hunting in 4 year I could just used an UL125

Last edited:
And while yer at it, make sure everyone can craft lich armor, adapted monty's; also, make it earier to find ruga and himi, don't forget, let everyone be able to use the high end gensis swords... and give everyone mod mercs...

<sigh>

Ok, now that I've turned off the sarcasm..

1) You can't be good at everything, without a whole lot of time and/or money invested... this INCLUDES being a paramedic.

2) Since I first got SIB on the 175, It's taken me ~3 months to max it, and now I have the SIB on the 200. I expect me to be able to max the 200 in about 4-5 more months. I'm not even a full time hunter.

To skill up the paramedic, this is what I do/did and I would highly recommend to everyone;

1) Use less protective armor
2) After done killin a mob, make sure you always use the fap with active SIB
3) Hunt mobs that won't kill you in less protective armor, but will come close to killing you
4) Randomly heal people when you revive after being killed

and lastly;

5) Hunt and mine in PVP4, seriously. To make those faps that you want to use, crafters need himi and blood moss. To get the faps in between the ones crafters can make, you need to find the mobs in pvp4. So, to keep the fap supply going, both the crafted and looted ones, more people need to hunt/mine in PVP4.

I understand the 'frustration' of looking at a req lvl of 100+, but, really, if everyone could get there in a short amount of time, you may as well go play wow...

~Red

and now I have the SIB on the 200. I expect me to be able to max the 200 in about 4-5 more months. I'm not even a full time hunter.

im simply dont belive you I've been sib on my for way more than that, and hunted SEGs for months on end in phantom, hunting big necu and big trox etc. naked, I've fapped for about 40 hours during WOF and im nowhere near close to maxing it, I get about 1 level a month if I'm really lucky your telling me you can get ~6 levels of para simply hunting? hmm

I've used so many faps I've lost count, for gods sake I gain HP 2x quicker than I gain paramedic skills lol

lets see you skills now and in 5 months to see how you got on, im quite interested to see

I understand the 'frustration' of looking at a req lvl of 100+, but, really, if everyone could get there in a short amount of time, you may as well go play wow...

you think its acceptable to skill for 50 years then? lol

anyway this subject makes me angry and its the only think I hate about MA sure these faps are usable in the future but maybe not in my IRL lifetime .. thats fuckd no two ways about it, an adult IRL lifetime of skilling to use a virtual item lol

im out :)

:wise: I belive more what Kygon says, no offence...

J.

Reactions: Xen
I agree with the general consensus of this thread.

And MA could lower the required skill levels for the higher level faps a lot and it would not have any effect on imp/mod fap market values.

I don't understand why MA made them so high, as it's in their own best interest to have more people hunting higher level mobs. For the same reason I don't understand why high level L armor is not raining down from the sky.

Yeah its quite a daunting wall looking at using higher level F(L)APs. I recently got into SIB on the UR175(L) but its almost impossible to hunt with at this level and the skill gains are painfully slow. I do remember a time when mining skill gains were just as painfully slow and MA changed them. I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities that MA will tweak the skill gains or change the % certain skills affect the paramedic level.

I guess if I hard core skilled with a F(L)AP my levels would increase at faster rate but I only have limited time to participate in EU do I want to spend that with my wireless mouse clicking F(L)APs at Neas or out hunting, mining, and crafting? hmmmm:scratch: maybe I should do that it would be less expensive than a bad run on mining or hunting lol.

~Red

1) As Kygon said I simply cant belive what you say.

2) 3,5 Years for level 25 in Paramedic as a Fulltime Hunter is ridiculouse and with the skill compression in the higher level it will impossible to reach a decent level in Paramedics in some Decades.

3) If someone with enough Data could make a calculation(time and peds) how much it takes to reach the level of the high end L Fap and make a good case I'll surely also post it to MA's Support - as they priorize something not by how many people are affected but how many support cases they get we need a very big amount of support cases deposited.

4) Maybe good to ask fulltime healers like Spike how fast Paramedic skills grows when you only Fap.

support cases

frank said something like "High end L faps are usable with the few to the future"

I can see them change that, unless we get better gains ppl should just get used to increasing para skill prices and that the fap you sib on will be your skill fap for a long time to come

And while yer at it, make sure everyone can craft lich armor, adapted monty's; also, make it earier to find ruga and himi, don't forget, let everyone be able to use the high end gensis swords... and give everyone mod mercs...
Another one who fails to get the point.

1) You can't be good at everything, without a whole lot of time and/or money invested... this INCLUDES being a paramedic.
Which is like saying everyone can't be level 40 BLP Sniper. Which is enough to use just about all the BLP SIB rifles.
and lastly;

5) Hunt and mine in PVP4, seriously. To make those faps that you want to use, crafters need himi and blood moss. To get the faps in between the ones crafters can make, you need to find the mobs in pvp4. So, to keep the fap supply going, both the crafted and looted ones, more people need to hunt/mine in PVP4.
The resources are not a problem, as the mark-up is low on the 125's and upwards.
As for the looted ones, hunting in PvP4 is basically reserved for a happy few, moreover, even SK-50's drop rarely. I've never looted an SK-80.

What is so difficult to understand about this? Please read the thread before reacting to things no one here said. No one wants it to be easy or attainable in a few months.
The OP made a point that the levels at which you can use the bigger (L) faps can't in all fairness be reached. This point cannot be denied.

I've been in EU for almost three years now, and hunt both rifle and pistol, mostly BLP. I am close to level 59 BLP sniper now. I am not the slowest, nor the fastest skiller.
Level 59 Paramedic is COMPLETELY unrealistic as a goal. Thru either skilling OR chipping. And this is the point. It should be at least achievable to reach a level where I can use a fap that keeps pace with my HP. That doesn't mean it should do 160 heals, but clearly my abilities as a hunter and a paramedic are out of whack atm, and it's not because of lack of skilling or unbalanced chipping.

No one is asking to have it easy. We're asking for a realistic path to the larger (L) faps.

Back