Former Disciple, Current Socmate and Good Friend

11B

Guardian
Society
Minereal
11B Anders Kand
About 3 hours ago my disciple John Noble Luna hit 600 surveying skill. He did not do this in any sort of record time, and many people graduate via enmatter mining. I only wanted to make this thread to hopefully encourage other mentors and disciples to keep up the good work, and above all to have fun.

I met John through a thread he made here on EF ( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mentors-disciples/120030-look-help-mentor.html ). I sent him a PM telling him a little bit about myself and my activites in-game. He messaged me back to tell me that he accepted my offer, and we traded a few PMs back and forth to meet up at sweat camp. Having made his account a while back, and done some sweating then, he already had all the basics down (movement, avatar and item interaction, sweating, and some other things). All mentors know that this is truly the most difficult first hurdle. I was excited, as was John, to start our adventures in EU. He expressed great interest in mining, and anyone that knows me knows that is right up my alley. I bought some sweat from him and we got him equipped with the TT enmatter gear. I showed him the basics of mining on a short run to Billy's.

A week or so had passed and I knew from past disciples leaving the game that I needed to find John a good newcomer society to join. After a few days of trying things out and talking we came across the Southern Cross societies. I spoke with their leader Drooe, and John was now a member of Southern Cross Cadets Corps. What an excellent group of people! I believe that they played a major role in the "EU growth" of John, and kept him in the game. They helped him get a large portion of the TPs and I can't thank them enough!

John was progressing nicely in both skills and knowledge, and I had the utmost confidence that he would be my first graduating disciple. It was hard for me to not just outright give him peds when he was struggling, or getting bored with sweating, but I figured out a solution. Yes, I did give him things, but I tried to make sure it was something different each time that I could explain to him what it was. For example, giving him a couple broken mining amps and then explaining what they were and how they worked, or some alien parts I brought down from CP. I think that this was an excellent tactic to both help out a non-depositing disciple, and to show him all that the game has to offer.

It did not take long for John to get his first global. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hall-fame/125187-robots-popped-my-global-cherry.html . We were out looking to loot some shogun thighs to try and complete my set when he got a robot ship on his first probe of the day. After I dispatched the nasty bots, John was 50 peds of robot residue richer!

It is now the present, and John has a bit over 600 surveying now. In 12 hours or so I will be able to "loot" him to see if I got a candlestick ME or an alpha ME. But the gift is of no importance to me. Throughout this almost 2 months of playing I have gained a great friend and soc-mate in John Noble Luna, and no item can change that.

So, in conclusion, a big GRATZ! to John on graduating, and a tip of the hat to all the other mentors and disciples in this great game. I wish all of you the best of luck, and hopefully your experiences can be as good or better than ours.

Good Luck Everyone,
11B Anders Kand

Great therad ;) Gratz! to John for finishing mentorship & Gratz! to 11B for great mentoring :).
+rep for ya for all ya hard work & effort :wtg:

GL to ya both & have fun out there :cool:

Cheers Firefly :)

Yup, nice story, thanx

Gratz to both John and to Anders

It's nice to hear a mentoring success story documented on EF. Usually when someone bothers to put finger to key on this subject it's to tell usthat yet another disciple has buggered off with the Pixie he was lent, or that a Mentor signed him up only to be somewhere between non-existant and F**kin' useless.

I wish you both continued success :)

Thank you both for your very kind words! I will be "looting" John sometime today when we are both online. I hope every mentor and disciple can have as much fun as we did!

Back