Question: Would you benefit if Cryengine was further delayed

Would you benefit if Cryengine was delayed further???

• Yes, I would be happy to see it delayed further

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • No, get the damn thing finished already - I want new stuff

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • I'm on the fence

Votes: 32 23.7%

• Total voters

Ozi

Stalker
Society
Dark Knights
Dave ozi Epsolon
Are there some people who are secretly hoping Cryengine is further delayed?

I have come to the decision that I am not concerned by further delays, in fact maybe delays are a good thing.

I have more time to improve my skills before new items start dropping.

I have more time to save peds for any potential investment opportunities.

I'm interested to hear other thoughts on this.

I recently built a new computer with Shader 4.1 graphic card, so would rather see Cryengine sooner rather than later (running under Win XP and not Vista)

Having said that, I would like a playable game so if it takes Mindark until Summer 2009 to get it running stably, that's fine by me too. :)

A new estimated date would be nice seeing as End of Summer 2008 wasnt hit (no problem with that - most games are delayed)

I recently built a new computer with Shader 4.1 graphic card, so would rather see Cryengine sooner rather than later (running under Win XP and not Vista)

Having said that, I would like a playable game so if it takes Mindark until Summer 2009 to get it running stably, that's fine by me too. :)

A new estimated date would be nice seeing as End of Summer 2008 wasnt hit (no problem with that - most games are delayed)

Like you Mega I've already upgraded mine. I guess anyone trying to save their pennies for an upgrade may appreciate further delays to give them more time.

I do agree that MA should take whatever time they need to get this right, if Crytopia is released and it is plagued with bugs then all hell will break loose.

I want Crytopia to be released asap :) If you build up all this hype and release it a year after expected people are going to forget and stop caring, not necessarily the current players but all the people that have been drawn to the previews...

They can take as long as they like, doesn't both me. Waited much much much longer for others games :)

Reactions: Ozi
I voted for get that damn thing running.

Why?

Because many people have no real clue about the new planets and some other stuff that will come with CE2, so they hold back large amounts of PED to react very fast as soon CE2 is introduced.

This PED should be put back into market/lootpool very fast, so its better for the comunity if CE2 is introduced.

No delay please, unless it is necessary to fix some known bugs.

My hope is that many of the actually very anoying bugs are fixed with CE2.

And I want vehicles as soon as possible, what should not be that big thing for MA with CE2 ;)

I still need time to upgrade my 'puter :(

longer we wait the better/cheaper hardware is to run it, the fewer people will be stuck not being able to play. so delay is good.

As many others have said: I want it asap but I want it to work properly and not have lots of bugs in it. I'd rather they spent a few more weeks on getting it right than rush it out before it is ready.

Rather later than sooner and we get a stable game, better than rushing and it is filled with bugs... :scratch2:

But not too late though ;)

Semai says| ...

Only hardware makes me want to wait... this cryengine puts all game enhancements at halt so I don't really see any advantage if this draggs on ..

The longer it takes the longer we have to bankroll the development team. It needs to get finished ASAP.

Delays will be a good thing, just look at <game name removed>. It took a fair few years to develop and turned out to be a GoTY ;)

I would rather it be delayed a few months. As Aridash said I think, the longer it goes on, the cheaper the hardware will be. Also, I need a bit of time to get peds to finish upgrading my equipment and chippin in some skills.

dont care much about new investments but i want some new graphics and stuff.

nice to shoot at something abit different...

It's interesting to see so many people are happy to wait longer to see it done right. I hope MA are reading this :)

I will probably benefit some if it is delayed, but I hope they are ready soon. Hardware will drop in price, but you can't really wait forever just because of that. (In that case I have a really cheap Amiga for sale!)
All I really are going to do is upgrade my gfx-card, and that I will not do untill CE2 is released. Had to buy a new computer some months ago anyway so it is pretty much capable of running most things I am interested in.

Oh... I didn't mean that I wanted to sell my Amiga. I would never do that!

It's interesting to see so many people are happy to wait longer to see it done right. I hope MA are reading this :)

Whether it's done right or not wasn't a factor of your question. You asked if it would benefit people personally if it were delayed.

I'm pretty sure MA want's to release crytopia asap.

They deliver it now. People complain that it's buggy.
They deliver it later. People complain they had to wait.
They hand out cookies. People complain they wanted brownies.

Same old, same old.

Hi,

voted "I want it as soon as possible" - if there's no chance anymore to skip it at all ,-))

In my opinion it was a big mistake to chose CryEngine2, there had been way better choices, IMHO again.

But if it's unavoidable, it should come as fast as possible! We all know MA, many of us for years - is there really anybody out there believing in an EU_CE2 smoothly playable at the hour of release?

We will suffer weeks, or even months of very restricted game experience, due to the unavoidable bugs. The notoriously reliable testing team of MA will not be replaced or improved ...

So quite some time of annoyance and frustration is ahead, and the earlier it begins, the earlier it'll end. And the earlier the work on the age-old bugs can start again, as the work on the age-old promised features, right?

Have fun!

I want to sweat mobs in HD. Right now, the experience is lacklustre :(
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

I voted with the delay. Reason being that I simply hope that with delay would come an experience that is less buggy ( I know that I am dreaming on this).
The delay would also give me a chance to save my ped .. opps I mean dollars to get a pair of graphics cards at a more reasonable cost. I mean really, so far the delay has meant that I can pick up another 2gig stick of RAM for my mobo without breaking into tears at the cost. With luck I may be able to do the same on graphics.

Mr Trayles says:
They deliver it now. People complain that it's buggy.
They deliver it later. People complain they had to wait.
They hand out cookies. People complain they wanted brownies.

I have found this :lolup: to be all too true. Mind its the same irl as here. You just can't please all the people all the time. People here just seem to be more vocal ;)

Hi,
[...] a pair of graphics cards at a more reasonable cost [...]
[...] another 2gig stick of RAM for my mobo [...]
I know it's offTopic, pls excuse:

Said it often, I'll say it once more: I strongly recommend NOT to buy new hardware for EU/CE2 now - we don't know when it will come, and we don't know anything about the requirements!

Get yourself a "piggy bank" & store your money designated for hardware improvements - and only when EU/CE2 is online, check the actual requirements & buy the approbate hardware!

This will save you a lot of money, because every other month the prices are changing, usually falling (for instance of gfx cards), and new generations come and go very fast.

Whatever you buy today will be in 3 months:
- outdated and replaced by much better stuff
- available at 1/3 of todays price

Don't be hasty, have patience, and use the saved money for a phat deposit! ;-))

Have fun!

I guess anyone trying to save their pennies for an upgrade may appreciate further delays to give them more time.

:yup: I'm still saving :thumbup:

I want Crytopia to be released asap :) If you build up all this hype and release it a year after expected people are going to forget and stop caring, not necessarily the current players but all the people that have been drawn to the previews...

We will see lots more useless pre-release stuff to keep the hype alive (at least that's what MA thinks they are doing...).

Because many people have no real clue about the new planets and some other stuff that will come with CE2 ...

MA-folks have already stated that planets won't come with CryEngine. They are a separate project and depend on the companies which make those planets.

better bring it on if you ask me :D
i don't see any problems with releasing it now (for me that is.. )

saves me peds as long as it's delayed, as i don't really log in much

along the same line, though - get it done already!

is there really anybody out there believing in an EU_CE2 smoothly playable at the hour of release?

I certainly don't, I'm expecting months of bug fixing. MA can simulate network traffic to the servers but unless they actually have the equipment in place with no other workload on it then they can't test it completely.

Personally I'd have even gone for using the current graphics but with CE2 driving it with a few graphics updates every few weeks rather than one massive update.

Besides delaying doesn't guarantee less bugs.

I'm pretty sure that my computer is fine for the new cryengine already, so that doesn't matter to me.

I'm rather torn on when would be most convenient for me, personally :)

On the side of delaying:
- I'm fairly new, and I still haven't explored enough in this old world. I'd like to see more before it goes away.
- I'd like to get myself organized and develop a reputation as an artist BEFORE the new flood of people come.
- The longer we wait, the more money I might possibly have to take advantage of interesting new investment opportunities, if any. Or just to buy a new shop when they're released.

On the side of coming sooner:
- Unlike a lot of people on the forums, I'm imagining that the new Crytopia will bring a lot of exciting things. I can barely wait.
- I want to try my hand at new games :)
- I think the variety of different planets is sure to bring something I'm totally in love with. I don't know what, but I'm sure to love something that's new.

Like others, of course, I hope to have as non-buggy an experience as possible when it finally does come, though.

pentium 2

I just bought a brand new pentium 2, so bring on the cry-engine!

Back