Crafter Dreams

Mark what you think

• I liked the whole ideia!

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • i liked the crafter part!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • i ilked the refiner part!

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • i liked the (changes in) crafter profession!

• i liked the reseacher ideia!

• i liked the refiner profession!

• i liked the refining researcher profesion!

• i liked the crafting researcher profesion!

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • i liked the crafting styler profesion!

• i don't liked anything!

• i have another opinion(post it!)

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • man... your english sucks you know?

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • hum... i just dont care(i dont know why i reading the post,voting in the poll...)

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters

akruz

Provider
Society
Freelancer
David Akruz Aquino
Well... I am a crafter, and even i liking crafting, i wish that the craft profession be more complex... and i really think in other profession liked to this... Ok... Lets go first to the crafter dreams...

My first tought is that we can custom made items... Something similar to the tailoring stuff, but not linked to the visual... Is more linked to the atributtes of the crafted item...

In other words, the crafter will craft a weapon,armor,etc... With his mark, the more skilled the crafter is, and with the right materials, the crafter can make better items... Lets say that a blueprint will have a variation of atributes...

So the atributes of a item will be determined by the materials used, the metodology used(more on that later) and the skills of the crafter...

And then, we can go to the new professions ideas... first, the refiner, well... This is really complex and its just a dream, like the title says... But the refiner is a professional that creates variations of the materials using special chemical and refining techs... i will explain

lets say you get a lyst stone, so if he uses the default tech in the reffiner(all ores and enmantter will have a default reffing scheme, so, it will return the same material that aways returned, in other words, a lyst ingot) but you can use more than one material, and then use special techs, like don't know, melting the both... and the result will be a whole new material, or nothing... and the new material can be better or worse than the default material... you dont know what will happen...

So what, may you ask... Well, with this, every material will have atributes, this attributes that determine(with the crafter skill) what will be the atributes of the new item... in other words... Using a harder material can make a better armor in one point, but don't know, this same material is really weak to acid...

So until now we have a new view of crafting and a refiner profession...

both of this are later splited...

the refiner have the researcher and the refiner(dont have a better name)

the refiner will get blueprints for refining(will explain this next) and make the materials, like the crafter, his skills changes the outcomes, but in this case s more the how much comes than the quality of it...

The refining researcher will create new blueprints, but first, he needs to buy blank blueprints, he will need it to write new blueprints, and he will need to buy a blueprint writer, that is attached in the refiner (or not)

So he testes combination of materials using methods... If he like the results, he can try to create a master blueprint, he will give a name, the instructions will automatically writhed down based on the last refined material in the refiner...

He can fail writing it, so he have to try a few times, then he have a master blueprint, only with it he can make copies of it and sell blueprints... or he can use this master blueprint himself, or even, making a contract... who knows... I have an idea that he can pay a month value to maintain the rights of it

The crafter split in 3: crafter(again, not a better name) researcher and styler(and again, not a better name)

the crafter will just use blueprints and craft, the new thing here is the influence in the atributes

The reseacher is similiar ti the idea above, but with other itens

the styler will change the apparence of the items, like a tailor, but with armors, guns, etc...

Well, any doubt ask or pm me... Give suggestions, say what you think... well, you all understand don't?

and i really know that my grammar sucks... So if you just don't understand something, ask here that i will try to explain again

Is there a poll here! vote :)

edited: in the poll, vote the first option if you like everything, and then don't vote anything else(excpetd that my english sucks, this always can be voted) if you vote in opt 2(i lke the crafter part) don't vote any crafter related opt(the professions) the same to refiner(third opt) if you vote i don't liked anything, or don't care, vote only on this(and if you want, in the English part) if you have another opinion, post it, but you still can vote in the rest...

tks

Last edited:
this is too complicated for the system to handle!!!

if you think we have lag now . . . just wait with this one

the amount of variations and permutations will drive any code cruncher nuts

I do concur . . . it would be nice, but the more complicated you make the program . . . the more issues there will be

just my 2 pecs ;)

jewels

;>

I like the general concept, but it would need a lot of tweaking and some streamlining to make it work.

I understand you're idea's and i might like them but .........

with all those new materials that can be combined/discovered, weapons designed/specialized/custom made by the player need to be made by MA first.

So basicly it's the same thing as we have now, with all those new components and weapons bp's that have been discovered last 6 months.

So the only real difference will be some skills, and i see no use for a refining skill.

Just my opinion, i don't hate you're idea but i'm affraid it's just the same as we have now in a more complicated way.

Not realy... i will explain...
Its uses a logical algorithm to genrate new things... whats will matter its the atributes, after all its whats really matter, and this will change from one crafted item to another, so, will be 3 categories of items:
1- the totally original, MA make the algoritihm, but not the item(more on that later)
2-the variations, you use a blueprints, change something, still will be the same cause when a oficial blue print is made, will be a range of atributes for the original one(lets say a opalo) that range will be influencede by the crafters...
Another range will be the "opalos like" is a opalo based, so the name will be opalo "something created by the player", like opalo alpha
3- the MA discoverys, MA will let this to a researcher discover, i will give a example... the alchemist always have serached for the filosofal stone, lets suposse that one discover how, he will call that filosofal stone... In other words... MA will create a combination that will generate a new item, totaly original(including even unique graphics) with pre stabilished atributes and with a name that the players cant change... so MA will drop clues and legends about that material or something else, and to make it the player have to use the right formula

but, the totaly original blueprints still have a base image, in the case of the crafters, they will have to use a base blueprint, for the image, but the atributes will be other ones... maybe the base blueprint change something(and still is realistic, cause nothing is created from nothing)
in the case of the materials, they can have a group of images that can be generated, they will have variation in colours and they can make a algorithm to determine that to, dont will be totaly random, or will not be, dont know, because like i said... i just daydreaming...

well, another dream idea, you can craft new ammos to, and this will change the damage...

ah! if anyone have another "crafter dream" you can put here to :) afterall, the name of topic is "crafter dreams", and not "my dreams"

edit: i know that is to hard, but its not imposible, we dont know what waits us in the cry engine, and a new engine its new horiizons :) so, its just a dream :) afterall, its a wishlist and i realy wish this(but i realy think they can improve the crafter profession)

more edit: and hey, if someone think that something, ANYTHING said here can be usefel and more than a dream(like some changes in the crafting)post here plz :) and lets dream crafters, lets dream :)

note: yes, just 6 people voted that my english sucks, i am improving :)

Last edited:
something similar was suggested by me a few years ago and has also been suggested by others later on. But yes i would love such a system.

So, puts you ideias here, lets use this thread to post crafting ideias :)

Back