Question: should claims show on radar?

Should MA add mining claims on radar?

• Total voters

TheVoid

Prowler
Society
Feed The Newbs
Freelancer
hello every one, I'm sick and tired of looking for claims that I can't find, you know, the ones that are inside a bloody tree and you can't find because you have some mobs running after you.

pls vote and sent a support to MA, lets make it happen :)

tks :D

I like pie, applepie ;)

yes, yes, yes.

they should also make the claim visually BIGGER.

should also be able to extract from 1 pull and decay excavator accordingly.

Reactions: alh

Totally agree with that, there is just far too much unnecessary clicking involved in all areas of the game IMHO.

would prefer to see them on map not radar,
it could be easier to locate a forgotten claim

you can see them on the map. If you pull your map up, then click the info on the deed, you will get a star on the map showing the claim. You can then close the info box, star remains on map.

i always thought it would be a good idea if selecting the deed automatically highlighted the claim or even brought the finder back up with the arrow pointing to its location...

i like clicking

1st

Yean.. It could be easier.. Today I was searching my 2 claims about 15 mins.. Got killed twice.. Then run back to claims to search it.. ^^

I voted yes, but I suspect Mindark could only easily code it so that all mining claims showed up on radar, so as long as you didnt mind seeing other peoples claim rods then it seems an improvement to the mining profession.

One thought occured to me though was would you want your spaceship showing on radar...... ;)

I vote yes, 'goddammit my claim is inside a tree and i can't find it i guess i'll just use coordinates to find it step by step' isn't any fun.

there r more important things that MA should fix before this

I never had problems to find claims but ofc it wouldn't hurt.

1. My finder shows me where the claims is.
2. if I closed finder to fight - the deed show me where the claim is.

i'd like to see my own claims on radar,yes. @leeloo: if one drills right after finding, then it's no problem sure but some people just drop and drop and come extracting after a while. also, i let globals/hofs unextracted until the end of my run, and navigating via deed can sometimes be confusing if one is not used to the x-y coords.

not all claims should be visible since pvp3/4 hunters would to easily spot claims and camp it for returning miners. and on cnd it could be very confusing seeing loads of other people's towers.

Never had a claim I couldn't find, but yeah why not having blinking neon signs pointing at the claim markers!:yay:
At least entropia would be a bit more colorful!!! :D

I would love to, butmining would be too easy then. cause the spirals will be made visual :)

navigating via deed can sometimes be confusing if one is not used to the x-y coords.

When I open the deed the map opens showing a little cross where the deed is. And the cross where I am.

Then RUN and try to match both crosses on the map.

sure...

And why not put a strobe on top that indicated YOUR claim. So that even if it was hidden you could still see the flash and be able to go right to it.

Many times I've help new people find claims when they got killed and tried to go back and get it...

Perhaps something like the targeting system? You click once on your claim deed and can see the targeting brackets in the distance. That way you'd know which way to go.

Totally agree with that, there is just far too much unnecessary clicking involved in all areas of the game IMHO.

Do you want an ore finder that goes out minning itself too? :scratch2:

wow I wasn't expecting so many replys :)

well having an extractor that extracted the all claim at once would make mining too easy, it would allow anyone to mine near big mobs (and half the fun is mining running away from mobs :p )

yes I find most of my claims but from time to time I am forced to leave a claim beind and if it's stuck in a free or in some bushes it's hard to spot, kind of miss the old claim rods, you could spot them so far away :(
beeing able to see the claim on the detector again would totaly fix it

it wouldn't be that hard to mark your claims in the radar, just browse the claim in the inventory, access the coords and paint them in the radar, I'm sure there is a similar system to all other points in radar

if hunters can see mobs on radar why can't miners see claims? try hunting with no radar

The earlier "poles" before with a light in the top where easier to spot in the terrain, bring something similar back thnx.
/Arwen

I would say that your claim should show up on radar and/or show up highlighted. I don't think every claim should show up and I don't think you should see other avatars claim.

If MA does not want to implement something like that then they should improve the maps to have a better zoom feature which would make it easier to pin point claims.

For now just keep the claim deed open and hit the "P" key to make sure you are going in the right direction. Eventually you will find the claim.

well I would see this change as a wellcome improvement

after all, we pay to play this game (most of us), it's MA duty to ensure that we find the game enjoyable so we don't quit :p

its already frustation enough that MA keeps making mobs stronger

and btw, I think that we should see our claims and not all of them

Well, I certainly don't want to see all claims on radar. I can see why people want to see their own claims on radar.

However, since you can get the coordinates of the claim, and you can get your own coordinates I don't really see the need for it. I much prefer to see improved map functions as Sirhc mentioned.

So I voted no, but OK, seeing your own claims on radar could be useful.

Coordinates on the deed in combination with the P-key works fine for me. Never had a claim I couldn't find.

And that would make every extractor except the TT one useless. Not a good idea IMHO.

I use the deed map to find claims I've had to come back to, but a dot on the radar would sertainly be much easier! I'd rather not have my screen covered in pop-up windows when I'm trying to navigate mobs (or watch for green dots when in PVP).

... but then again, I do LOVE pie :yay:

Back