Chopper

Elite
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Chopper McHelicopter
WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

Announcing Run 8 of the Wof Pro Series

Pick 'n' Mix II

Once again WPS competitors will be allowed a choice of Scoring Mobs. In Run 7 the choice was Kingfishers or Phasm. For Run 8 we will use the highly interchangeable
Longu and Atrax.

Also, I was asked during the last Run about Multiple Entries. Just to be clear, an individual may have up to TWO (2) entries in each Run of the WoF Pro Series. That means you can have a Solo entry AND be on a team, 2 Solo Entries if you prefer, be in Two different teams if they let you, OR a Team may submit a second entry with a different name but with all the same team members if they want, provided none of them also have Another entry. (WPS Team Whatever 2 is acceptable).

Does that all make sense? I hope so... Ask me if not...

WoF Pro Series Winners so far have been:

Run 1 : M2S Legends
Run 2 : Sex on Ice
Run 3 : WoF England 2009
Run 4 : TDO
Run 5 : Maffoid Challenge
Run 6 : Angel Shadow Heart
Run 7 : The Consortium

How good would your name look on this list?
No team has yet won the Pro Series Twice.
Will Run 8 produce the first double winners?

Currently in Run 8 the Scores are :

1st
"WPS Consortium" - 872 points

2nd
Angel Shadow Heart - 781 points

3rd
"WPS England - Bah!" - 73 points
(from 1 mob)

Run 8 commences:
12:00 (MA) on Weds 12th Nov 2008

Run 8 Ceased:
12:00 (MA) on Tues 15th Dec 2008

That's Midday til Midday. Mid-month til Mid-month,
And this month you get 33 days!

And so, the Run 8 Mob-list looks like this:

1. Hogglo (Up to Old) LA34 6900/17900

2. Hogglo (Guardian/Prov+) LA34 6900/17900
That's right, 2 Hogglo are required this Run Again, one "small" one Large.
"Small" is Young, Mature, Old (Yes I know Hogglo aint small. Hence the "")
Large is anything else. Prov/Guard/Dom... all are good to score.

3. Phasm (Any Maturity) LA38 1630/3100

4. Kingfisher (Any) LA34 6900/17900
Mob Maturity on the KF LA has changed mid-month it seems. Go ahead and bag ANY maturity Kingfishers and it will score, as long as you provide a valid screenie.

And, for slot 5, as promised, you can CHOOSE :

either...

5. Atrax (Any Maturity) LA04 19600/9800

or...
5. Longu (Any Maturity) LA05 19800/11100

Here's a link to Land Area details from Entropedia
All the Land Areas featured are "Outback" areas
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=LandArea

So, its Atrax or Longu for slot 5. Notice that ANY Maturity of these 2 will score this month. Kingfishers require a global on a Young to score, and you can score on ANY Hogglo, but you NEED a "Small" one AND a "Big" one for a complete valid entry.

The Prizes for the winning teams in Run 7 are as follows:

1st Place: 1500 Ped

2nd Place : 600 Ped

3rd Place : 400 Ped

That's right, Hunting for CASH PRIZES!

All prize money is donated by our sponsor NeverDie. In addition a proportion of the prize fund goes to the World of Firepower Treasury, so by competing in the WoF Pro Series, you are helping to ensure the success of future Festival of Firepower and World of Firepower Events.

WoF Pro Series

Free to Enter, and Open to All

:handgun:

For the uninitiated:

The WoF Pro Series is a World of Firepower style Team Hunt Monthly competition, Free to Enter, and Open to All. Only now it's open to Solo Hunter too. Teams can be any size 2 - 12, and the object is to global on each of the 5 mobs, in the stated Land Area. The TT Value of each global becomes the score for that global. The total value of your best 5 globals, 1 from each scoring mob, becomes your team's Total Score. You can even go out and improve your score, by bagging a better global on a mob, and then posting it - your score wil be updated.

For a full summary of the Rules and Instruction see the WoF Pro Series (WPS) Thread, but it's pretty obvious what is required.

The main thing to know is that your first global screenshot will Set the Team List, if you are in a team. Subsequent globals from that team can include any or all of the established team, but NOT new people. Obviously the Team name should also match, but I will forgive errors like spacing and Capitals, as long as it's clearly the same team.
Soloists can post in any order, as long as they post within 48 hours of the global. Spelling, for them, will not be an issue.

There are only a few changes to the rules as stated previously:

1. A print of the map is No Longer required, just time and location.

2. All screenshots MUST be posted with 48 hours of the Global for it to be valid.

3. Solo Hunters are now welcome to submit entries.

4. An individual entrant is entitled to be involved in a maximum of TWO (2) entries, so you can submit a solo entry AND be in a Team, you can have 2 Solo Entries if you prefer and are able, You may be in 2 different teams if they let you. Conceivably a team have submit a second entry, with all the same member but a different name ("WPS Whatever 2" is acceptable), provided none of them have Another entry aswell. Globals submitted showing a member in a third entry will be automatically disallowed.

Please post all global screenshots in THIS thread.

Team names in the format "WPS - {whatever}" please.

The 48-hour Rule will ensure that the thread, and the competition, is kept alive and kicking from start to finish. It also gives every team the chance to see how the competition is doing and to improve on their own scores, for that IS allowed. In fact it is encouraged...

The "Only 2 Entries each" rule ensures that no one player can totally monopolise the prizes, however a First and a Second is possible, but no-one has managed it, yet...

So that's it, you know what to do, you know what to hunt, you know when to start, and when to stop. And I'm pretty sure you know how to KILL!

GO TO IT!

There will, I have no doubt, be questions. Feel free to post any and all queries, problems, questions, concerns and clarifications in this thread. Whinges should be written clearly, in ink, on a sheet of A4 paper, and binned.
[/font]

Last edited:
A small change has occurred...

Kingfisher Maturities on the KF LA have increased

Therefore you may now score on ANY MATURITY KINGFISHER

Last edited:
Just got a little distracted with plan for the Festival of Firepower Xiii event, coming soon. But it is now after Midday on Wednesday 12th November 2008...

Go!

Cool,

If U hunt with a team, its ok if not every global the same members are in it? But never other members then the with whom you got the first global?

Hofs count as a global?

Edited, to remove stupid q, as it was explained in the thread and I missed it :hammer:

Last edited:
If U hunt with a team, its ok if not every global the same members are in it? But never other members then the with whom you got the first global?

Sounds to me like you get it, CK...

When your team posts its first global, on any of the mobs from the list, that global establishes the team. I tend to write down those team members. After that the team that goes out to get more scores can be ANY or ALL of that first team, even as few as 2 (but not 1). This allows for people to go off and do other things if needed, sleep, eat, work etc... but the team can carry on scoring. But no new members from that point. Your team has been set.

Hofs count as a global?

Certainly they do, and currently we still employ a peds = points system. What that means is that if you hit a 20k Atrax HoF, as one team did in a previous round, well then Hey you got 20,000 points.
A Huge HoF like that has only happened once. For WoF Pro Series 2009 I am considering a point ceiling, for example 500 points being maximum score for any HoF... But that's next year, right now HoFs count, and count BIG.

Edited, to remove stupid q, as it was explained in the thread and I missed it :hammer:

There are no stupid questions my friend, only the ones you don't ask for fear of being laughed at are stupid ;)

I'm aware that for newcomers to the whole WoF Pro Series extravaganza, some of the rules and procedures may seem complicated. so feel free to ask anything atall if there's something you're unclear about. I check the thread every day where possible and I'm always happy to answer queries without laughing. Can't say the same for other WoF Competitors, mind you... ;)

Sounds to me like you get it, CK...

When your team posts its first global, on any of the mobs from the list, that global establishes the team. I tend to write down those team members. After that the team that goes out to get more scores can be ANY or ALL of that first team, even as few as 2 (but not 1). This allows for people to go off and do other things if needed, sleep, eat, work etc... but the team can carry on scoring. But no new members from that point. Your team has been set.

Certainly they do, and currently we still employ a peds = points system. What that means is that if you hit a 20k Atrax HoF, as one team did in a previous round, well then Hey you got 20,000 points.
A Huge HoF like that has only happened once. For WoF Pro Series 2009 I am considering a point ceiling, for example 500 points being maximum score for any HoF... But that's next year, right now HoFs count, and count BIG.

There are no stupid questions my friend, only the ones you don't ask for fear of being laughed at are stupid ;)

I'm aware that for newcomers to the whole WoF Pro Series extravaganza, some of the rules and procedures may seem complicated. so feel free to ask anything atall if there's something you're unclear about. I check the thread every day where possible and I'm always happy to answer queries without laughing. Can't say the same for other WoF Competitors, mind you... ;)

Questions that you can answer yourself by just reading the post well are stupid imo :D

Nice....bye bye Longu grinding :yay:

Stickied.

Shooting for Da' moon...double header!

WPS "consortium", rdy and willing to win.
And the best part about WPS, aside from the big cash...is that you can hunt any time zone you wish, as much as you wish with a true PURPOSE!
And its free to enter:D

Vi'va WPS,

Force Majeure

ploinked...

WPS "consortium" run 8 1st (5) entries.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Phasm Young 171ped

KingFisher Young 82ped

Hogglo Mature 211ped

Hogglo Guardian 97ped

Atrax Alpha 100ped

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Rectifying Picture Kingfisher

Position stamp missing on 1st one so here is the valid Entry

kingfisher 82 ped:

Kind Regards,

Pink Pussycat Panther

Phasm Young 171ped
KingFisher Young 82ped
Hogglo Mature 211ped
Hogglo Guardian 97ped
Atrax Alpha 100ped

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

And so, first off the mark : The Consortium

All 5 are good, thanx for the position PcP ;)

Consortium : 661 points

Interestingly The Consortium have chosen a 2 man team for Run 8

Reduced firepower, but greater share of any prize money...

How will that decision work out for them?

Only time will tell...

Despite reduced numbers, theyr'e still the first to score :thumbup:

:handgun:

Interestingly The Consortium have chosen a 2 man team for Run 8

We could be going that way too...WPS England only has 2 definites at the moment!

We could be going that way too...WPS England only has 2 definites at the moment!

It can be seen as tactically sound, as I've hinted...

As long as the two of you are happy to take on Hogg Guardians with only 2 people, then the potential rewards on an individual basis are much higher...

This, I guess, is the gamble you must take, or the balance you must strike...

Optimum number of team-members depends largely on skill levels, but also on whether you're in it for the money, or the Glory ;)

WSP "consortium" upgrading points

atrax 166 ped:

For Love or Money

WPS "consortium"

Pink Pussycat Panther

Lots going on at the moment, I know..

Spider babies, Eomon, Cornoanterions down from space...

But can any of them offer 2500 peds in Prizes, on top of loot?

I think not ;)

Weird, can anyone else see a man's face behind the loot window? He had a high forehead, bushy eyebrows and is frowning....

Anyway....

A.S.H. WPS8 Entry (incomplete - more to come) ;)

Hog Old - 60PEDs
Longu Old - 223 PEDs
Phasm Young - 79 PEDs

These are all good, nice work :thumbup:

I make that 362 points (from 3 mobs)

Need 2 more ....

Yes you do ;)

1st
"WPS Consortium" - 727 points

2nd
Angel Shadow Heart - 362 points (3 mobs)

3rd
Currently Unclaimed and AVAILABLE!

When you get tired of LA5

The WoF Pro Series is still Alive

For thrills and chills, laughs and surprises

And a bunch of Ped in Actual Prizes :thumbup:

Bump

When you get tired of LA5

The WoF Pro Series is still Alive

The question is, will I have any PED left for it? Bloody spiders...all I want is one global lol :laugh:

The question is, will I have any PED left for it? Bloody spiders...all I want is one global lol :laugh:

Perhaps you should be trying the Eomon, Jimmy..

Have you SEEN the HoF list :eek:

Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Atrox
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Araneatrox
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon
Eomon

Ok I exagerate a little, but not much... :laugh:

Rest assured the WPS is here for you when you return, spent and gasping ;)

:thumbup:

Yeah lol there may be some truth to that ;) Sadly the Eomon tend to send me back to the revival terminal a little too quickly to make killing them very realistic. And anyway, I want to get a solo spider global goddammit!

(and on-topic, WPS England will be back this weekend hehe)

Hog Old - 60PEDs
Longu Old - 223 PEDs
Phasm Young - 79 PEDs

Hog Guard - 68 PEDs
Kingfisher Young - 61 PEDs
[/URL]

That should complete the entry...

It certainly does, Stanley...

Puts Angel Shadow Heart on 491 Points

Those Eomon have a powerful draw, as long as the peds last...

As I promised Jimmy, the WPS will be here when you return...

I sincerely wish you Good Luck on em :thumbup:

A.S.H entry update:

Phasm Young - 117 PEDs
Hogglo Prov - 115 PEDs

If there's anything wrong with those 2, I can't see it :thumbup:

1st
"WPS Consortium" - 727 points

2nd
Angel Shadow Heart - 584 points

3rd
Currently Unclaimed and AVAILABLE!

Well, we got off to a poor start with a rather dismal Hogglo hunt that included heavy item-change-lag, player shortages, much death, and not much loot!

We did just about do enough to register the team:

73 PED Hogglo Guardian!

Bob then had to head off to do a beacon (which I hear also involved player shortages and much death!), whilst Kev and I soldiered on bravely, until meeting our doom on a howling Hogglo Guardian, which surrounded itself by many friends during our attempt to tp back in and finish it off :laugh:

So we decidedly to call it a night, rather empty handed. We might start from scratch if new people want to join in, but I'll post it in case we want to use it.

On the plus side, as I was about to log off I decided to empty the rest of my ammo on LA05. And, lo and behold, I still have no Araneatrox global. I do have a HoF though:

470spider.jpg

Its a start...

We did just about do enough to register the team:

73 PED Hogglo Guardian!

Nice work Jimmy, and England :thumbup:

73 ped Big Hogglo is good...

I read Kev, Bob, Oni... so a 3 man team this time

We now have a Solo, a Pair and a Threesome...

Interesting...

Sry to here about the slim pickens, Mr Jimmy B.

But also on a plus note, Pink and i are back from Key West "holidaze" and rdy to get back in the thick of WPS.
Looks like its still any ones win for the taking!

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

Back