Question: Orange Paint

SK33T3R

Provider
Society
STARFLEET COMMAND
Mosquito SK33T3R Valentine
What mob drops A TON of orange paint. I want to get into coloring and I'm planning on stocking up on orange paint so I can start leveling up. I was told Snarksnot but I spent a few hours and alot of ammo on them and came out with less than 200 orange paint. :(

200 orange off a snarksnot hunt is ok. bigger mobs such as longu drop huge amounts of it.

since it has little markup, it would probably be better to just buy it from auction.

Yeah, the Auction drops large amounts of orange paint :) Snables and Exo's also seem to have some lately.

Saba seems to drop alot of orange paint, atleast last time i tried them.

just got done trying sabakuma. not a single can of paint. I dont think I can handle longu but maybe if I was in a team hunt? Anyone up for one? lol

I'm maxed in oplao. :silly2:

Neconu.

Good luck killing those.

I have at least 1k, probably more in storage. No idea where I get it from. If it'll help, I'm on most nights btwn 0300 and 0500 MA time.

I just got done hunting snarks again with a friend. I got 400 orange this time :yay:

Loot was nice to us on that trip. So I actually didnt loose money this time. :D

Last edited:
Your best bet (and by far the cheapest way) is to stand around PA for 5 minutes and say "Buying orange paint for 101%". Most people just throw it in tt so they will be pleased to get more for it. I have a couple of hundred orange paint myself if you want to get in touch....

Your best bet (and by far the cheapest way) is to stand around PA for 5 minutes and say "Buying orange paint for 101%". Most people just throw it in tt so they will be pleased to get more for it. I have a couple of hundred orange paint myself if you want to get in touch....

Yes exactly, it will come out way cheaper to buy it in the end..its same with everything..it would take year to kill enough exas to make an outfit of their skins for example, even tho its an easy mob :)

Barneys drop alot of pink/purple/green.

sub-square-barney.gif

Willing to team hunt to track this down.

better to go hunt Atrax and other mobs that drop brown paint and sell that to buy orange..the brown runs like a water fall

The term "a ton" is something that belongs to the distant past of EU ;).

as stated before, try hunting longu`s , they drop a lot orange paint

BristleHogs drop alot of orange paint also If I recall. but might be out of your range. good luck. I also agree that buying is easier/cheaper.

Always remember Longu used to drop loads of orange paint... been a while since I hunted them though so this might be out of date information.

Longu

Longu at Reas drop alot was just there and had 400 cans in loot window time the hunt was done. Sadly there was precious little else in that window

I would love to hunt longu and bristlehog(especially bristlehog because they loot a bunch of colors) but my skills arent high enough. I have high enough skills for new weapons and tools but no money to buy them because all money goes towards ammo. So if someone wants to go hunting with me that would be awesome. :yay:

hmm...

That's weird that you didn't find any orange in the saba. When I hunt Saba up at Corinth, almost every 4th Saba loots some orange paint... or did last time I tried. Maybe loots are different after the latest update?

I dig up an old post, but so on topic : anyone knows where or what to hunt do get enough ornage paint to skill coloring ? it seems like ahuge pain to get paints in this game while it requires so many to do even anything average in coloring.

I dig up an old post, but so on topic : anyone knows where or what to hunt do get enough ornage paint to skill coloring ? it seems like ahuge pain to get paints in this game while it requires so many to do even anything average in coloring.

Have you seen markup on orange? 350%, because not only it's uncommon to loot, most of it goes into viceroy armor mission that needs 3k cans. Coloring always was probably the most expensive skilling but at those rates it's just insane.

As for mobs, I have the best results with monria mobs, yog, shoggoth, so far as 50 cans per 1.5k ped run can be called a good result.

i also went into coloring/texturing a while ago....sadly this profession has become tooooo expensive and unrelieable nowadays for me...

for lvling up in the start..maybe stick also to the other paints like yellow and blue...they are the "same" lvl for starting and are waaayyyy cheaper...( for now)

also depending on your lvl then also go to olive maybe...

Good luck on your journey,

Eddie

Last edited:
Best chances at Caly is probably Daikiba. But I have to agree with Svarog, Monria mobs drop them better, special the Shoggoth ones.

What is probably worth noting for both hunters and crafters is the current mu on paints.
Orange has usually got some decent mu (currently around 340 to 350%) on it because it is used in making the Viceroy Armour and also in may of the Aakas keys in large quantities.

Yellow (165 to 168%) and blue paint (130-135%) are the same 0.0 skill level to use, so worth collecting those for skilling'

As soon as you achieve level 8 switch to green which is even cheaper

in my experience blue and green are relatively plentiful. However when targeting mobs for paint, remember it usually drops in waves, often only a few minutes per hour, this is especially noticeable on Ark. SO if you don't get any try again later at a different time

and Good Luck to all those wishing to skill, colour/texture it's a long hard road. But fun once you can make outfits or colour vehicles and others admire them/buy them
and hats off to those few high level colourers/texturers in game :)

Back