Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

Great Comp with awesome Prizes... :thumbup:

Just one thing bothers me...

Am I the only person who recognises that this is a piece of naff, tuneless, faux-rock drivvel..?

So much GREAT music out there and MA choose to back this rubbish :rolleyes:

Or am I just getting Old..?

...#2
Are we only supposed to post them on youtube with this title tag or are we supposed to mail Mindark about it or post the videos on this forum too?

I would guess that having that naming convention for the videos makes it very easy for the MA people to find the videos... after all, if someone cannot follow this simple rule and name their video properly they would stand to lose a potential sum of money :wise:

I think an LA plus a full set of UL Supremecy is a decent prize.

I would be more than chuffed with that, however, my skills are non-existant, not even enough to win a set of Pixie (L)

...but I'm sure as hell gonna give it a try!

:yay:

(one more crap entry won't hurt, I can't wait to see how many times people write 'gay' and 'lame' on the YouTube comments)

Excuse me...Why are you having a video competition showing the current game look (pre CryEngine2) and the current game name, if all this is just going to be changing shortly?

Personally I think it's rather backward showing "Project Entropia" competition videos day after day on the in-game ad screens. Wouldn't it make more sense for the future promotional video to show the future game and future game name?

subscribing !! time to pull out the thinking cap !

Excuse me...Why are you having a video competition showing the current game look (pre CryEngine2) and the current game name, if all this is just going to be changing shortly?

Personally I think it's rather backward showing "Project Entropia" competition videos day after day on the in-game ad screens. Wouldn't it make more sense for the future promotional video to show the future game and future game name?

I was just having the exact same thought.

I came to the conclusion that either:

a) We won't see a huge visual change with CE2 (but previews show otherwise).

b) CE2 will be introduced very, very soon (next few weeks).

c) CE2 won't arrive til late next year.

d) MA haven't fully thought it through.

e) I'm missing something somewhere.

:scratch2:

XD finally a decent competition, count me in

*subscribed*

Hi,

Make as many videos as you like.
Quality of the filming is not as important as content (it can be redone if chosen).
Judging will be made by us, Mindark.
Use a mixture of whats available, current EU, screenshots, movies available on our site etc!
After Cryengine2 implementation, another competition maybe .-)
between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 minutes would be good.

David

This might not be the only time the EU community gets a go for a nice comp like this

Am I the only person who recognises that this is a piece of naff, tuneless, faux-rock drivvel..?

Well, I don't mind the style, but this song just does not go with EU...

I would think something like Crystal Method would be more appropriate.

But I guess they wanted the big press release.

1st entry posted :D, just threw a bunch of scenery clips together really. I figure a lot will want to do that, so I thought I might as well be the first to do so while it's kind of fresh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Kzevj0oQw

re-uploaded for high quality viewing option :)

Last edited:
MindArk can U supply an MP3 of the Kevin Rudolf song?

Entropia Let it Rock - Come and Play!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOs_gfizHrs[/YOUTUBE]​

Jamhot

Right there with ya, not really my cup of tea...

Now that they're doing stuff with Motörhead, they could've tried to license some of their songs, like, fitting to this gambling theme good example would've been Ace of Spades :p
Just joking. It's a great song though!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOs_gfizHrs[/YOUTUBE]​

Jamhot

Fairly decent production :) I must say...

But... The ppl in the video, speach doesnt follow lips :laugh:

Fairly decent production :) I must say...

But... The ppl in the video, speach doesnt follow lips :laugh:
Yeah converting has thrown it out of sync somehow! :ahh:

Oh well that was a 1st attempt! :thumbup:

Jamhot

It's a good idea not making too many rules but keeping the competition as open as possible, that way people can unleash their full potential and maybe come up with an even better product than if there were too many limitations and rules.

Though we do need access to source material that we are confident is legal ;)
Maybe make a special folder on the MindArk FTP containing all the material we are allowed to use, old PE movies, Music and Videos.

I love to participate in this mavelous comp. However, due to lack of resources, kinda hard for me. In order to have an attractive movie, we also need some 'gears' on our character, angel set or even shadow, nice gun will be essential resources in order to make an attractive movie :mad:. I'll try.

That's all in the eye of the beholder, the movie is intented to draw new participants into the game, a pixie set with Opalo may look just as awesome as angel set with MM, the guy visiting the convention dont know anything about the stats of the stuff used in the movie. ;)

I have a big problem here ...

Why make that super new video , with the new song now , when we will have cryengine in some month.
We will not present the super new engine showing video in old engine.
Would be sad , to not use the winner video to promote the game.The last video contest , with suprem armor , did bring some nice composition , and noone was really used :(

Why not wait the new engine , and make promotional video , and then use it to show the game with player eyes ?

also , can we use som part of other EU song ?

Why not wait the new engine , and make promotional video , and then use it to show the game with player eyes ?

I was thinking exact that, but was told earlier in thread that the movie would be remade if selected, so it use the new CryEngine

So basically - MindArk asks us to make a sketch and not a finanalized movie...

I have a big problem here ...

Why make that super new video , with the new song now , when we will have cryengine in some month.
We will not present the super new engine showing video in old engine.
Would be sad , to not use the winner video to promote the game.The last video contest , with suprem armor , did bring some nice composition , and noone was really used :(

David already answered that, he said it could always be remade, a person who is skilled enough to win this competition is also skilled enough to change the footage to the new engine, within short time also, a new competition wouldnt even be necessary.

new info

i dont know how to make my own thread yet so i am going to put my info here go to kevinswasteland dot com (dont actually spell dot com i cant put a website on) to learn about the new planet there is a big surprise

David already answered that, he said it could always be remade, a person who is skilled enough to win this competition is also skilled enough to change the footage to the new engine, within short time also, a new competition wouldnt even be necessary.

so we should have CE2 before 14th feb 09 ?

Damn ... that armor would look good on my nub ass. :naughty:

I can't wait to see all the videos, guys!! :yay:

And thank the stars above that MA's picking an actual winner this time and not gone on the YouTube view count. *cough cough* :poke:

It's been a while since I made anything, so I'm really excited to make a movie for this. As far as if it has to be remade at the last minute to go with CE2 .. I'll just be buying a lot of coffee @ the tp ;)

Reinstalling video applications as we speak :laugh:!

Let's give this a try :wtg:

woooooooooooot :yay:

i dont know how to make my own thread yet so i am going to put my info here go to kevinswasteland dot com (dont actually spell dot com i cant put a website on) to learn about the new planet there is a big surprise

There ya go mate LINK Interesting...
(just checked page more carefully... is the design on that flash site sub-contracted to some Polish teens?)

So ... ND Studios is making the promotion planet for Kevin Rudolf... MA Licenses Kevin's song to New Engine... MA Asks ND's studio quote for a promo video... ND's budget: 100kUSD...

*Marco and board: "heh let's dump some unused LA and a awesome armor set, just 2 clicks required on our side and the noobzors get all fussed about it, and we get a free cool video for our Awesome new launch!"
Rest of the staff: "aaawesoome bosss you rockzor!"

Bottom line: Everyone wins (especially the same olds...)

Damn you guys are good at throwing sand...

And yeeah! I'm sooo in this competition! LOLOLLL

/Migi out to video editing... nah i won't just plug others stuff together to get hits... wait for my entry...

so we should have CE2 before 14th feb 09 ?

No, what I said was actually the contrary :silly2:

When the competition is over the 14th feb 09 we will see the video being used until the release of CryTropia, then when CryTropia is out the video could be changed to use footage from CryTropia.

No, what I said was actually the contrary :silly2:

When the competition is over the 14th feb 09 we will see the video being used until the release of CryTropia, then when CryTropia is out the video could be changed to use footage from CryTropia.

NO!!

so crytopia is gonna be after the Feb. then...:(:(

just have too take cry engine as a myth then that way there will be no expectations or when it will be released,

Hi,

You can download the tune at www.kevinrudolf.com

David

I don't have iTunes installed and I won't install it either, also, I know 79p isn't a lot to pay but surely we should get it for free if we're making you a video, I'd never heard of Kevin whassisname before yesterday, I don't like the song much so I have no incentive to download it legitimately.

Yeah, 79p vs Unique LA and full Supramecy...

lol ain't I the cheapskate?

;)

Download iTunes and discover what makes it the world's most popular digital media player. Turn your CD collection into a digital music collection. Buy songs for £0.79 each

:rolleyes:

Also, isn't stuff from iTunes DRM protected?

:scratch2:

OK, I found the Amazon link now...

MP3 download available for 99 cents US

:yay:

Back