Skills stop after x minutes

davidgr1200

Elite
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Maxic
I have heard many people say that if you stand and just FAP yourself whilst being attacked by some mobs then after a while you will stop getting skills. Anybody done tests to see how long this period is? It is longer than one minute, I can confirm that, but I haven't done sufficient testing to find out what the maximum time is. I have sometimes been attacked by Faucervix directly for over a minute without getting any skills and THEN suddenly getting a skill, so it is not easy to find the upper limit.

I heard some rumors and theories about mobs only being able to give a certain pre-determined amount of skills :)

sounds like something i would implement if i was MA to make sure i dont give away to much for to little.

i never done this kind of test but i might before this 3 for 1 event is over... any idea of a good place and mob?

now i'm curious cous u realize that even if u do it that way u produce decay so the skills r not for free

now i'm curious cous u realize that even if u do it that way u produce decay so the skills r not for free

not for free but maybe to cheap

All I can say is that if you put some nice armor on and run into 20 atrox young, you will stop getting evade after you have killed about 5 of them...

if this is so, so i will be much angry about.:mad:

one more skill nerving ? or what?:rolleyes:

I have heard many people say that if you stand and just FAP yourself whilst being attacked by some mobs then after a while you will stop getting skills. Anybody done tests to see how long this period is? It is longer than one minute, I can confirm that, but I haven't done sufficient testing to find out what the maximum time is. I have sometimes been attacked by Faucervix directly for over a minute without getting any skills and THEN suddenly getting a skill, so it is not easy to find the upper limit.

This is quite old implementation to cut off too easy skilling of evade and other defence skills. Imagine MOD Fap autoclick and 30 troxies around :) But after you stop getting any skills theres a method to start it over, you just have try to sweat mob or just shoot it with M2100 and skill gains start again.

I was stuck at hades revive during the robot invasion, a 20 min cycle of die,revive, die, revive, die. Not a single green message. looks like they'd anticipated my plan. Damn them.

This is quite old implementation to cut off too easy skilling of evade and other defence skills. Imagine MOD Fap autoclick and 30 troxies around :) But after you stop getting any skills theres a method to start it over, you just have try to sweat mob or just shoot it with M2100 and skill gains start again.

Yup, its like the 'creature is in a condition where it cannot be damaged or sweated" implementation, its possible to reset it.

sounds like something i would implement if i was MA to make sure i dont give away to much for to little.

i never done this kind of test but i might before this 3 for 1 event is over... any idea of a good place and mob?

I don't agree. Skills aren't giving away. They are a small return for cost of activity- healing...

What? That`s crazy! I so can`t believe it I`m going to shoot myself in the head with a nerf rifle.

I was fortunate enough to be able to borrow an Adj Fap for a while, and visited Tantillions. I didn't time it, but all skill gains stopped after a certain period. Medical skill gains were lousy to start with, it seems the hyper-eco faps are nerfed that way, and defensive and general skills seem to just run out.
I haven't tested if firing on the mobs would 'reset' the process.

my personal opinion and perspective

scan the mob till u need a fap, then fap, then scan, then fap, etc...

and when the mob doesnt give anything out, wich was like a half hour for me or so i think, then shoot it dead. rinse wash and repeat.

its all about the act of switching up and not sticking to one thing for too long.
i found my self running through the atrox LA's tons of times to find my self stoped short after a few minutes. then i tried switching up activities and i got better results.

:twocents:

Arf

this does not appear to be the case with scanning avatars...I can go thru 3 -4 scanners in one session and I continue to get skill messages.

Same avatar...you know the ones that can craft for days on end without moving.. ;)

only thing im doing is changing scanners after i decay one out.

Nobody seems to know the exact length of time then? I usually give up after 2 minutes (Hey, I have to have some fun killing mobs as well!)

you can go to fort Medusa - there r revivals there with bots stuck in walls so they shoot you right at the revival - remove your armor and you don't need fap or anything. i saw quite a few ppl standing/dying there for a long time.

i guess you might be watching tv or reading a book - just move the mouse with your toe once in 15 min so you not get diconnected, that's how it works i guess

I've not been testing it scientifically, but I have been getting skills after 2 minutes, so the time period is at least that long.

each mob has a finite number of defensive skill messages to give - once they have given those messages they are basiaclly dry...

not like the old days where they gave skills endlessly.

mod fap +25 snables naked = 200hp in no time. :cool:

I was fortunate enough to be able to borrow an Adj Fap for a while, and visited Tantillions. I didn't time it, but all skill gains stopped after a certain period. Medical skill gains were lousy to start with, it seems the hyper-eco faps are nerfed that way, and defensive and general skills seem to just run out.
I haven't tested if firing on the mobs would 'reset' the process.

I also had the good fortune of borrowing an adjusted FAP, and I did the same on tants. I did notice that when I slapped on some armor, the evade skillgains increased (using the same group of tants), and the number of hits they landed increased as well. Basically it seems that adding armor makes your evade work less, but gives more evade skills.

I tried this out a while back with tants. I took a small group of tants with me near a revive. I then let them attack my while I fapped until the skills stopped coming. With enough tants it is obvious when the skills stop.

Once they stopped I quit fapping, died, healed ran back to the herd and the skills started again.

This was several months ago, and I think has been in existance for a long time to prevent ac skilling.

Not hard at all to get around it if you are not a bot :)

PS I never stopped getting skills for fapping, just skills related to the mobs attacking me.

Wow, thanks!

I was looking for this thread forever:rolleyes:

I new I read a thread somewhere about the sweat pulls the mobs have...

I would not be surprised at all if it was very similar to sweating attempts.
I don't think it is. In sweating each mob has a "guaranteed" number of successful sweats, but I don't think it is the same with skills. Example: A tantillion attacks you and you fap for 5 minutes, then another one comes along, it does not seem to be that you get skills from this secodn tantillion either.

It is a fact that mobs stops giving skill gains after x moment time of inactivity, OR repetive activity.

That means that the mob has a "timer" fuction to be alive while being interacted with it.

Tants are very good to experiment with this "new undocumented feature"

Any one else has some thoughts about this?;)

Yes. When I skilled scanning on drones I would get no more evade skillups after 5 minutes for sure. The time when they stop coming is under that border but it varies so I can't say for sure.

Back