EU Planet Postmoderna

dalewj

Guardian
Society
Hunters Unlimited
dale dalewj ofj
found thru a long follow of links, didnt see it listed in forums yet so thought I'd share.

http://www.planet-postmoderna.com/

Planet Postmoderna is a new planet project for the Entropia Universe. Under the project platform, we are creating a new and exciting addition to the game. The unique part of this project is that it is being built in its initial stages brick by brick, dollar by dollar, from sponsorships and support by our community. The project is owned and developed by the team and supporters that put their sweat and tears and resources into bringing this project into reality.

interesting project... but to anyone involved please drop the sound fx and music :banghead::cdevil:

Selling tears @ boxes.

Nice find Dale :)

Damn.. Why do planet partners( this one doesn't even seem to have managed to get a partnership yet...) keep on creating badly made websites...

I've had a look around the website now, and just to make things clear.. They are NOT a planet partner, yet. But aim to be.

Domain anonymously registered. Forum posts by "Admin".

Who are these guys?

The contact address of {removed} looks like a residence according to Google Maps.

The houses building permit was procured in 2000.

Related material at eu-projectplanet.org, which yields a {removed}

{removed}

AHHH Here we go!! Paydirt!

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Great finds Alpha and dalewj! The info in the "about" section is fairly interesting, but oh god, the music drives me insane

Seems like the devs are not quite sure they can pull it off. Might be too big for their pockets unless they find investors or sell the project. This part is taken from their blog:

As we learn more about the process, I ask, “Are we trying to swallow an elephant whole?”

by Alan on Jan.01, 2009, under Planet Development

That is a very good question. I think about it a lot lately, especially as I talk to others in the industry. One thing I do understand is a lot of them don’t understand the dynamic of Entropia. The game is already established. We are not reinventing the wheel.

It has its own economy. Players can make money playing the game. The planet owners make money from the players playing the game.

With regard to project development, I do feel kinda like a little minnow among a lot of bigger fish. I may even be indeed a tad bit out of my league. So, do I start small –take a conventional approach–and make a standalone project that I turn around and sell or do I just keep plugging away to get investors for this project? I am not certain about that. I have to find people that understand the Entropia concept and see our planet idea as a viable project.

Questions to answer:

Who stands to gain the most from our concept? Who is likely to be the best player prospect (eg. players with money to spend, curious and adventurous, etc)? Who will be a good advertising prospect (technology and tourism. etc)? How do we show a possible ROI to investors?

Things to think about:

Start Small? Build a small project, sell it, get revenue. Move on to bigger project. Is Entropia idea even too big?

All interesting thoughts but although I have to think about these too , I don’t want to get off target. I need to keep my eye on the ball. This is not a project that brings a new game to the landscape. it is an enhancement to an existing one. It’s kinda like buying a franchise.

So, am I trying to swallow an elephant whole? I think the jury is still out on that. One thing I do know is that I really want to make this happen. This project is something I could call my own–along with all my priceless team members. This project is something I want to be proud of.

This is a really great find.

Maybe I'll hire there and help building up a new world :)

Weird that they are letting it all in the open.. If i was part of a team creating a new planet I would not let the cat out of the bag this quick.

good find.

Seems his idea on the planet revolves aound crystals, do missios to get crystals, get to temple and eventually use crystals for guns, swords etc

is it me or are the graphics lacking the cryengine quality?

Seems like the devs are not quite sure they can pull it off. Might be too big for their pockets unless they find investors or sell the project. This part is taken from their blog:

I hope they can, cause it seems cool :(

Weird that they are letting it all in the open.. If i was part of a team creating a new planet I would not let the cat out of the bag this quick.

well, as they said, they are looking for investors... might be why? :)

The stuff is not made with cryengine as they didn`t buy a license yet. They were looking for porting their world onto several platforms, Entropia is one of them, but might lack the funds to do so. 1mil usd is little too much for a small entrepreneur.

they are not EU planet partner yet annd are not using cryengine. They hope to be an EU planet partner in the future.

They were looking for porting their world onto several platforms, Entropia is one of them, but might lack the funds to do so.

i read it the other way round, they are using other platforms to prototype a world to be later implemented on MA's platform.

LOL, Dale!
Isn't it that kind of magic world we all dreamed of at highschool?
C'mon Marco|Planet Calypso tell me that I'm wrong! Otherwise I say it's a fake of some teens.

cool to have a new planet but WTF is up with that music, fx and web design , LOL :D

found thru a long follow of links, didnt see it listed in forums yet so thought I'd share.

http://www.planet-postmoderna.com/

That web site doesn't work for me. All I get is a black web page, with a 4 cm long cyan colored bar with a moving pattern. Anyone else has same problem as me?

Edit
It was one of these settings in mms.cfg that the webiste didn't like:

AVHardwareDisable=1
# Lets you prevent SWF files from accessing webcams or microphones.
FileDownloadDisable=1
# Lets you prevent the ActionScript FileReference API from performing file downloads.
ThirdPartyStorage=0
# Lets you specify whether third-party SWF files can read and write locally persistent shared objects.

Last edited:
cool to have a new planet but WTF is up with that music, fx and web design , LOL :D
Websites with flash, sound loops and videos with silly sounding voice overs kill interest faster than you can say Merp.

Domain anonymously registered. Forum posts by "Admin".

Who are these guys?

The contact address of 5011 Chaise Drive in Colorado Springs looks like a residence according to Google Maps.

The houses building permit was procured in 2000.

Nice of you to point that out for everyone, I also decided to take a look around before I entered my email details and such...

I am keeping far away from that website as I simply do not trust it.

I am definately not saying the original poster is a scammer, but we all know how easy it is to take a site address, tack on any old bullshit and claim to offer people something.....usually nothing but a whole load of hassle. The finder only found this, by following anonymous links that he didnt even share? :confused:

If Mindark were to officially recognise this as a potential then it would be a different story....

It is all very well bullshitting everyone with "partners" and "sponsors" but where exactly is the little copyright thingy saying that all entropia products belong to Mindark?

Isnt that a direct violation of every copyright law known to exist, not only the EULA?

Even this site has it:

EF said:
Copyright ©2005 - 2009, EntropiaForum.com.
Entropia Universe is a registered trademark of Mindark PE AB.
All other copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners.