Buying: Reverse Auction on a ME Powerclaw

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
I keep thinking about buying one of the Mentor Edition Powerclaws for doing little skill runs here and there when i can log in, but i haven't gotten around to it, and every time i manage to log in, the price has dropped.

So, i'll do the buying here. This reverse auction will run for a week or so after start bid is made. Feel free to PM your sale price if you don't want it advertised and i will keep it in confidence.

Ready, set, go! :yay:

Start bid: +1000
Best current offer is: N/A (Set a start bid)

Last edited:
Nice idea, reverse auction :)

GL hope you get one !

Blizzard over BUMP

Gonna set the acceptable start bid at +1050 since that seems to be around the average lately.

Monday BUMP

Tuesday BUMP

ah, the old reverse auction. nice idea. :yay:

nice to have you back, bud. keep your eyes on auction, some days 2-3 of these claws pop up.

Ty i figure when the auction hawks are tired of their fiddling with price manipulations and selling to themselves they'll unload one. Patience...

Hump day BUMP

One last BUMP for now and i'll let it be for a bit.

I don't understand this auction :scratch2:

You started your opening bid at +1050 yet in almost a week the price has not moved? Shouldn't your bid move in increments in order for a potential seller to "bite"?

Or are you updating increments on a weekly basis?

It's a reverse auction. Sellers decide what price they are willing to sell at and make an offer. The lowest offer wins. Just like an auction, but reverse.

It's been done before but works best with
  1. Common items
  2. When the price is dropping
  3. Patience

Got a bit of two and not so much of one but all kinds of three.

I got you now...

I was looking at it where you started off with say your +1050 bid and on a daily basis, let's say, you would raise your offer to +1100 etc. until a seller comes forward to accept your bid.

Good luck with it :)

Ty i figure when the auction hawks are tired of their fiddling with price manipulations and selling to themselves they'll unload one. Patience...

Hump day BUMP

are you sure about this?
dont mean to break any rules so if you dont want me saying this i will remove my comment..
but if this is a fact im interested in knowing more :)

gl with your quest for the blade

Patience pays very often (saves a lot of PED).

Consider this a free bump ;)

I want one too...

If you get multiple offers I would like to take the second best... BUMP

are you sure about this?
dont mean to break any rules so if you dont want me saying this i will remove my comment..
but if this is a fact im interested in knowing more :)

gl with your quest for the blade

No, i'm not sure. I have seen enough of how auction manipulators work to get a bit of a feel for it but it's just a guess. Considering how widespread the phenomenon is, it's a pretty safe guess for any item in EU...:rolleyes:

hey mate, maybe you should up your starting bid. i saw 1 claw sell for tt+1k. and i believe it was to someone who put it on auction and either didnt know the price or wanted a quick sale. imo this claw is worth tt+2k at least. i myself own one and i use it all the time for skilling. its amazing how fast your hp and agil and even str go up with this weapon.

i wish you the best of luck in getting one for tt+1050, but i wouldnt plan on many people who own one selling for that low, as most people who have one know the true value of it :)

*PS -mine is not for sale either :D

It was +2k a month or so ago but dropped to ~1.3k pretty abruptly. Between the economy and the proliferation of weapons i don't anticipate it taking more than another couple months to reach around +1k. Certainly by summer it will be there. That is all subject to MA not stopping drops or dropping a better unlimited powerclaw...

Like i said, i'm not in any hurry; just putting this out there so people know i'm interested.

As per schedule and prediction, claw average price is about 1k and three are currently for sale in game. Lowering start bid to 1k--reverse auction still live.

Considering that powerclaw ME is practically the same as the smacker three (UL) except for the decay available for use, I think it should be worth more.
I been owning a powerclaw ME for quite some time and I've never been so eco. This weapons should be worth +2k considering smacker three's markup.
Yeah, I paid mine 1.2k... but I'm considering I've had the hell of a deal :)

With apologies to Mary Schmich.

Accept certain inalienable truths:

The price of UL weapons that drop will fall. Owners will try to prop them up. You, too, will get jaded.

And when you do, you'll fantasize that when PE was young, prices were reasonable, loot was good, and people respected the sales threads.
Respect the sales threads.

Free bump for a good person.

*wink*

Back