Confused, most economical?

Edit2: When I open "Professional Standing" it sais like "Beginner, 2" which means Rank and level right? But underneath it sais: "Green, 2" aswell? Same level but different rank? Can someone explain this to me?

This is a result of a change in how professional standings were reported. It used to be that we just got the individual skill rankings. There was no real reporting of your "profession levels". So I might be Beginner at Handgun skill for example (they still show this). They didn't show us our prof standings like Laser Pisotleer, which is a combination of handgun, laser, aim, etc. skills.

Later on they gave us the "prof standings", and carried over the text descriptions "Green, Beginner...Great, etc", but added a numeric level as well. Through most of the scale, there are multiple numeric prof levels per text categories...so prof level 30 and 31 are both Great. In the lowest levels it is the other way around. Level 2 starts out in green, then you switch to beginner. I know, kinda confusing, but I guess they just tried to relate the prof standings to the old skill levels.

Anyway, that's how I remember it....but they say your memory is the first to go, so I could be off a bit. Been a while since they changed the skill/prof reporting implementation.

Oh, and for the Vivo T1 vs T5. If you are just trying to be economical, you should stick with the T1 until you can max, or pretty damn close to it, the T5, otherwise you are paying a lot more per hp of heal. That's my suggestion for all of the SIB gear, weapons, tools, etc. Wait til you max the next level before you move up. There is still some question about the Skill Increase Bonus....lot of testing on it and no real proof that skill increases faster from the last time I checked the forums about this, but maybe Doer or Witte can let us know if that is updated. Even if there is a skill gain bonus, you are paying extra for it in lower efficiency of the tool/weapon until you max and then the supposed gain stops.

And rocket launchers are certainly used in pvp, but it's not that hard to avoid them as they are slower and you have to take a direct hit to receive a lot of damage. Of course, if you have 10 ppl laying in rockets on an area, then yes, they have the potential to do a lot of damage to anyone in the area. You'll see it a lot in the next Landgrab competition. Mostly though, they are big toys ;-)

-Mack

Last edited:
Nice guide Alice did there :eek: Got it working :)

I do have Rascal actually :yay:! Used to be my goal when I first played so first thing I did when I came back was buying it on auction :)

So smaller mobs = more skills? Great :)

Why do people use these rocket launchers? For PvP? Probably hard to escape a rocket I suppose :)

New question: Should I use Vivo T5 now when I maxed out the T1?

Entropedia is your friend there also.
I prefer the T1 out of combat, feels to be the cheapest to have and no markup.

as for "smaller mobs=more skills"...
A green line never tells you anything about the skill gain. At my level I can kill several low level mobs with an Opalo and not get one skill message.
Real skil gain seems to depend a bit on ammo and decay spent after a certain level. If you want to skill economical without wasting too much time, you will have to find a cheap gun (aka low markup (L) and maxed ) and an adequate mob for it.

Last edited:
as for "smaller mobs=more skills"...
A green line never tells you anything about the skill gain. At my level I can kill several low level mobs with an Opalo and not get one skill message.
Real skil gain seems to depend a bit on ammo and decay spent after a certain level. If you want to skill economical without wasting too much time, you will have to find a cheap gun (aka low markup (L) and maxed ) and an adequate mob for it.
skills lines don't matter that much, that is correct

also the ped turnover matters on skill gain, higher gun, more ammo/peds shot per hour, more skill gain

but lower mobs do indeed increase the skill gain

because when you kill a mob you have a certain chance for a kill skill bonus (example, first hit you do with a longblade, then finish with rifle and get a longblade skill, that was a ksb)

ofc the more mobs you kill the more chances for KSB
thats why ppl go for tants, very low HP, lots of aggression, MANY of them, much KSB per hour :)

the latter can be played with higher ped turnover too (get more tants on your tail), but also more towards eco

so the skill gain per ped can be better on lower mobs, or rather should be
i wouldn't be too surprised that if you shoot say 100 ped on snables with opalo, or kill trox for 100 ped, that you get more skills out of the snables

could ofc take longer to use 100 ped up with snable, but if the skill gain is better, does it matter?

just if you are on the clock and want skills fast, but tants are an option again then :)

if you are more after fun and less after skill grinding however, i guess the trox works better for that :D

Back