higher mob regen -> higher mob degen?

IvoL

Dominant
Society
Natural Born Killers
Peregrine IvoL Falcon
I couldn't find any threads about this so here goes:

Is it my perception or has the time that dead mob carcasses remain "there" been shortened? I timed it to be just two minutes yesterday, and my feeling (not supported by any numbers) is that this used to be much longer...
It seems the rate of the degeneration process (rotting) or the corpses has increased...maybe to relieve server load?

Why I even bother looking into this? Every now and then I like to create a stack of mobs like the pile or Persian Corpses in 300, and then get dozens of globals sequentially :cool:
(unfortunately, with my luck, this usually means a whole chatwindow full of yellow lines :rolleyes::()

Ive always thought it was 2 minutes until the dead mob disapeared. If you have tested it recently and its 2 minutes then it has not changed. I dont think the modified mobs stay there any longer than unmodified mobs. Just if you dont kill them in certain places (like CP) its almost a waste of time trying to get back to the mob to finish it as it has fully regened.

it has been 2 minutes for as long as i can remember (at least three years.) in a former life, back when my avatar died constantly hunting way over my level at cp, i had that mad dash back to the dead mob down to an art. it's just as hard now to get back to one even with higher agility. but it's still 2 minutes.

ok, well that it's just me, thanks for the swift and clear responses!

Back