My Battle with Life

Heres a quick update, yes, I'm still here.

I've been recovering pretty well, and have been undergoing some physical therapy as one of the side effects of my surgery was developing a severe limp.

My heads pretty much stitched back up now, not the bloody mess it was a few weeks ago. I've got the craziest thing ever tho, whenever I move my head around alot, I swear to god that I can hear a like....cracking sound.

The doctor says its normal and will go away in 4-6 months, but ugh, its so creepy. My headaches have been getting much much better as time goes, I can actually stare at a computer screen and not get an instant headache.
(something I've been missing)
(oh, and for anyone thats curious, I've been loaning my computer to a friend since his died, so I'm not sure if anyone has been pm'ing me on xfire or something.)

But ya, its defiantly taking much longer than I expected to get back into my daily life. But I'm getting back to it surely but slowly.
Anyways, I caught the most awful cold the other day, so I'm gonna get back to bed.

God bless,
Tamn

I've got the craziest thing ever tho, whenever I move my head around alot, I swear to god that I can hear a like....cracking sound.

Hehe, I got that when I yawn ;) As long as your head stays on I'd say not to worry...

Anyhow, thanks for the update and get well soon.

Regards

Fantastic mate, you will be mining and hoffing again soon ;)

Rgds

Ace

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing OK, even if recovery is slow. Keep it up Tamn, and thanks for the updates!!!

My heads pretty much stitched back up now, not the bloody mess it was a few weeks ago. I've got the craziest thing ever tho, whenever I move my head around alot, I swear to god that I can hear a like....cracking sound.

i get that same thing!! but the cracking sound is in my neck cause i don't get off this damn computer enough. - ; )

glad to hear you're recovering well tamn!!

Take care Tamn. Good to hear from u again!

Anyways, I caught the most awful cold the other day, so I'm gonna get back to bed.

Tamn

Uhm...you havn't been to mexico lately??? :ahh:

Good to hear from you, warm greetings from the other side of the world !

top shit fella :) always good to see updates on your progress, us Entropians gotta stick together!

good to hear you are doing better every day.

Uhm...you havn't been to mexico lately??? :ahh:

:lolup: man that would suck big time. But seriously, a friend of mine that is in Mexico told me that the streets are almost empty this days. everybody is really scared. And here in Colombia they have detected more than 10 cases already so be careful this flu thing is spreading. whash your hands a lot

nice to hear ur doing great tamn.

mexico... reminds me of SARS :/

good to hear you are doing better every day.

:lolup: man that would suck big time. But seriously, a friend of mine that is in Mexico told me that the streets are almost empty this days. everybody is really scared. And here in Colombia they have detected more than 10 cases already so be careful this flu thing is spreading. whash your hands a lot

Avoid contact to other ppl....

Seems entropians are safe anyway :p

Good to hear the recovery is going well Tamm.

Maybe a suggestion for down the road on the headache issues...
When you are fully thru the recoverystage and the headaches are still going on (I hope not as you been thru more then enough already). Look into what is called a spinal cord stimulator. They are being used in all manners of pain management from phantom limb syndrone for amputees to people like me with major migraines form accidents or injuries.

I have one permanatly implanted now and it has made an incredible improvement in my quality of life. I still get the headaches but I dont feel 80% or so of the pain I used to have at times. I still get light sensativty and the nausea resulting from that but the pain that used to accompany it is being blocked by the stimulator.
Its a well designed system with many applications so it may be an aid for you later on. Not to mention how much people trip when ya tell em you have a remote control for yer head.

PM me if you want or need more info about these.

I'm glad to hear your recovering well Tamn. Being able to look at a screen again you'll be back to your EU life in no time :wtg:

~Tracer

Hey Tamninator

I'm glad things are going well
Get well soon. We all miss ya.:wtg:

Hang on in there and win the fight back man!
I hope you get better soon, never stop beliving!

Just saw this thread, happy that you are recovering, but i got to say one thing; stay the f*ck away from computers while recovering your brain ;) it puts it into hard work and the light from the screen isnt very good either, you should try to spend as much time as you can outdoors grabbing some sun or trying to read a book. But you probly already knew this, happy to have seen all went well atleast!

I mean, computer is a bad thing when brain is not happy-happy. I had a headache for 3 years befor, then i quited gaming for 4 months and suprisingly enugh it went away ^.-

hows it going good?

It's going better.
I'm always drugged so I can bear the headaches.
Getting more sleep recently, really helps me feel up to playing with ya guys again.

Oh, also finished my physical therapy and my limp is pretty much gone. :)

best wishes for the last 15%

:)

gz on ur hof nice one :D

It's going better.
I'm always drugged so I can bear the headaches.
Getting more sleep recently, really helps me feel up to playing with ya guys again.

Oh, also finished my physical therapy and my limp is pretty much gone. :)

great to hear i missed the updates in this thread and had seen a post by ya in another thread and decided it was time to search in here for an update. great to hear ya feeling good and ditched the limp (that would have been a chick magnet) :D

keep up the getting better.

Glad to hear things are going well; I'm sure things will only improve.

GL!

wow, what a story... im so glade you're doing better now... my best wishes to you
picture.php

As a paramedic I can certainly appreciate the road you have been down. I know the last thing you want is people to feel sorry for you. I do, however, wish the the very best in your battle and pray you defy the odds and come out on top of this.

My best wishes to you and yours. I do not live too far from you at all. If there is any thing I can do for you medically or just to have someone to be there by all means PM me!

Just thought I'd toss out an update for those who are curious.

Few days ago, went down to Seattle and got checked up.

I got some scans and they've concluded its time for me to start radiation therapy again. It's still quite small, so nothing to worry about, its just to stunt its growth for the time being.

Its now just 18 days to my 1 year anniversary since being diagnosed. Which means I'm in the top 10% survival rate for my age group. So I'm pretty much in a good mood now. Just enjoying life.

just thought I'd let you guys know.

Tamn

Nice with a heads up Tamn :) Wow, to be among the 10% survivers ... must be a weird but very good feeling. I hope for you, that it will suddenly shrink in and disappear totally (don't know how that stuff works ... but you never know?).

Best of luck with the new therapy :)

Enjoying life is the best one can do - too many forget that ;)

:hug:
Lykke

I'm so happy for you! I'll drink a shot of JD just for you :)

I'm no doctor, just a EMT, but I did some research and found that the odds of you beating this type of cancer ( considering your past history ) Is 75%. That's DAMN GOOD odds. You will be in my prayers nightly. I'm so glad your doing sooooo GD well! Trully am uber hof!

What happened to u after ur surgery Tamn? U turned into a scammer it seems huh? Thanks for not giving me back my deed after u last borrowed it and denying it all even after proof from support u had it last :( and never returned it the 2nd time. I expect my app back or 550 ped coz that's it's approx value!

Back