Pirate Vs. Ghenu

A friendly bump

&

I personally think 2.5% to 3% is a little high a week, but if he says he can do it why not put some faith into him. Even for ppl that feel its risky do 100PED which is $10. If your a long time EU person which I believe most forum members are, that isn't much.

Also... at 2.5% to 3% your making 10-12% a month which is 120% - 144% a year...

I really think he needs to readress his service charge because most people I imagine would be happy with 2-4% a month, cause 10% a month is silly high... At his goal of 12,000PED thats what.... 300-360PED a week... which can be a lot just for your creditors...

I think if pirate continues as he does he can probably do it, but its just I dont know how much he can profit on top of that. I give him cudos for setting the bar high, and at least for the investors the risk is high, but the return is high also.

As for people worried about not getting money or paid, he can easily just close the loan down pay off the creditors and give them their money, Im sure he'll notice when hes losing cash he needs to pay off some debt instead of continue to pay high interest.

As for a personal advice, Pirate I think you should really pay bi-weekly, if you want to keep people interested keep the %'s the same, but if you stretch the 300-360PED for an extra week you can then work with that interest money to build on that, because if you can hold interest owed for longer periods of time then your free to use that money to help you gain money. Im sure most people wouldn't hate getting paid every 2nd week, especially when your keeping the %'s the same. Just my advice, otherwise you might want to adjust your interest %'s.

If you can do it and keep it up, power to you man. Ill call you the slumdog millionarie :p, the non depoer from india who went from OJ to Riches :).

Trust and reputation ingame outweight those few measly pecs by far...

I've seen lebanner handle exceptional situations really fair, several times - i doubt you (or anyone else) will manage to built up such an excellent reputation from scratch in no time...

So if you want to trade, just do it - challenging lebanner is for sure not the way to get things started....

Last edited:
lmao at 2.5%-3% being to high i say its not high enough.

not high enough?!?! :eek:its 2.5% - 3% a week... dont think RL banks give anything near that.. or even other traders in EU

Trust and reputation ingame outweight those few measly pecs by far...

I've seen lebanner handle exceptional situations really fair, several times - i doubt you (or anyone else) will manage to built up such an excellent reputation from scratch in no time...

So if you want to trade, just do it - challenging lebanner is for sure not the way to get things started....

I have to start somewhere to get the trust and reputation :cool:
and i've been trading for like 6 months now , i know its not much but its worth a try

2.5% to 3% is quite high I think most ppl have said that.... Even for a good trader thats a big portion of profits unless you got great connections you'll need to flip an investment at least 2-3 times depending on your profit margin before profit is back in the pocket.

Hell Ive been playing for about 3 months and Im up about 5200/3700PED which is 140%, its high, but Ive had to trade / get lucky a few times before that happened, 2 hofs and 4 globals and a load of hours spent whoring myself on twin for ore/enmatter :).

I think if people can trust pirate which is the hardest part of all because like he said its a trust, but he'll trust is hard to have with a few bad apples ruining a lot of stuff for most people. But if you do trust him, you can enjoy 2-3% a week which is quite nice for spare PED you might not be using.

Incase your wondering thats like an auction buyer being 1st to get that 100% good bid and waiting 6 days for it to end to maybe get 1-2% off a sale, Pirate gives that a week easily and no looking.

Anyways I dont mean to stroke him as it seems I am... Ive invested 500PED, hes a competitor at twins but Im not around as much, and Ill let you guys know if Im getting paid or not incase you dont trust him.

So if you got spare PED, looking to earn something on it, and you got a trust worthy personality, talk to Pirate. If not then hold your PED.

As for his quest to beat leb, well.... they say reach for the skies :), but hes got a goal.

I have to start somewhere to get the trust and reputation :cool:
and i've been trading for like 6 months now , i know its not much but its worth a try

Building up trust and reputation by challenging someone?
Especially someone like lebanner a lot of people know for ages...?

It surely brings you some extra attention (that was your intention?), but no extra reputation... building up your trade contacts w/o such cheap tricks might render you trustworthy one day - the way you did it... no, not in my book.

It surely brings you some extra attention (that was your intention?), but no extra reputation... building up your trade contacts w/o such cheap tricks might render you trustworthy one day - the way you did it... no, not in my book.

I wouldnt call it a cheap trick, im giving better rates..
all im saying is a bit of competition is good nothing else, i dont have anything against ghenu

I say best the luck to you. I normaly deal with Sarah( i think she has the best rates that i seen) But she isnt always online and if she isnt i will stop and sell to you to check it out.

Wow, your post seems to be filled with a lot of anger towards someone who is simply trying to offer people an alternative.

Now I've invested a nice sum in Pirate (2k PEDs as you can see in the first post) because I trust him and he seems to have a lot of enthusiasm and dedication. Now I've been going to Lebanner for a year or two now but I've switched to Pirate, don't see it that I owe Lebanner my loyalty I mean after all he's a reseller like Pirate who is making PED off me but by investing in Pirate I'm getting a little something in return (not to mention the better rates than Lebanner).

Many would sit at their computers look at this thread and instantly flame Pirate (as shown in the above quote) for simply trying to offer miners a better deal. Trust is a very hard thing to gain in this world, both real world and EU, however I believe that after a few months when Pirate gets more and more regular customers his reputation and people's trust in him shall grow.

So please hold back your pre-judgments of 'he's a scammer' just because he's trying a different and new approach in this untrustworthy universe. I of course don't begrudge anyone who is skeptical because it's human nature, especially since I'm sure we've all been scammed or seen scammers in EU. I've been scammed by a 'fake pilot' like some people so it would be naive of me to tell you all that Pirate is definitely not a scammer however I do hope that you all give him a little time to prove himself and to stop flaming him without any hesitation.

I don't expect my words to change your initial belief's of Pirate, just hope that it will let you simply let him get on with his venture and to at least try him out at Twin. I know Lebanner is a great guy who is friendly, reliable and fair but everyone needs an alternative (especially an alternative in a different time zone). I'm sure every miner would love to have a great buyer in France (which I believe Lebanner is from) and a great buyer in India (I know the time difference is only 4.5 hours but thats still advantageous).

I've said my peace, good luck Pirate (I'm off to get you a tower of Rugaritz and Himi lol).

Wow, your post seems to be filled with a lot of anger towards someone who is simply trying to offer people an alternative.

Now I've invested a nice sum in Pirate (2k PEDs as you can see in the first post) because I trust him and he seems to have a lot of enthusiasm and dedication.

Ok so please, don't come crying here on EF if something wrong happen, people will have warned you. ;)

Last edited:
ok can someone please explain to me the difference of reseller?

because if someone baught sweat at really low price, and sold high they are
considered reseller scum...

then some person comes along with a few pretty graphs, and says i will give you a little % back, even though hes still buying low and still selling as high as he can.

to me there isn't any difference between the 2.

so why are we not accepting when some people resell, but its ok to publicly commit to others that say they resell?

is it because of the lack of pretty graphs, and projected professionalism?

so if i would put up pretty charts and post a investment fund, or business plan for this, could i get a free pass to buy sweat dirt cheap and sell really high with out fear of a ban?

:twocents:

Arf

then some person comes along with a few pretty graphs, and says i will give you a little % back, even though hes still buying low and still selling as high as he can.

so why are we not accepting when some people resell, but its ok to publicly commit to others that say they resell?

so if i would put up pretty charts and post a investment fund, or business plan for this, could i get a free pass to buy sweat dirt cheap and sell really high with out fear of a ban?

Arf

The difference is simple. People are egoistic by nature, and will only accept a business when it is in their own interest. When they have the feeling it is against their own interest, they will also be against the business.

Ok so please, don't come crying here on EF if something wrong happen, people
like wizzszz will have warned you. ;)

Sounds like you want to me get scammed just so you can say 'told you so' lol.

Obviously if things go bad why would I whine on this forum for sympathy after showing such faith in Pirate. If things do go bad (it's an obvious possibility, would be naive of me to think it wasn't) then I'll just swallow my pride and carry on in EU like I did before.

Really upsets me at some people's distrust and anger sometimes especially when that anger/hatred is directed to someone who hasn't affected them in anyway shape or form.

People can believe what they want to believe about Pirate or any of his investors like me but please don't be so hasty to jump the gun and get all personal. Pirate seems a great guy to me which is why I invested.

Seems like some people's ignorance won't be changed by little old me so I'll just go back to EU and wish Pirate all the best.

Arf

According to me, there is no difference between a trader and a reseller..
well both of them do the same thing..

Just that im offering a good rate and giving u some peds fast. that is really the whole idea behind trading, i cant give u MU, cause then there wont be any profit for me, i dont think it is again EULA in anyway..

do ppl get banned for giving bad rates?

very interesting :yay: .. am subscribing

Arf

Pirate never said he wasn't a reseller, he is a reseller just like Lebanner and just like the people who hang around Twin and stay in auctions all day are. Some people seem to regard a 'reseller' as someone negative (like you do from what I inferred from your post) however EU wouldn't function as well without them, they are vital to many people. I'd rather sell all my stuff in one big go to Pirate or Lebanner or another reseller than have to go direct to crafter and sell a bit here and then a bit there and have to wait so long to find a crafter.

Arf

damm i like the graph idea :(

They also promote you as the average miner with earning more cash in the end by keeping the MU high on ores.

After a run I have 200 ped ores, I want to sell it and buy another 200 bombs.

1. Do I deposit to get 200 ped?
2. Do I sell to a trader asap to get 195 ped?
3. Do I sell on auction with 1-2% lower MU to get cash real fast?
4. I put up the so called normal MU as buyout and wait 2-4 days for it to get sold?

Number 3 is very common and thats why MU plummets when there are no so called resellers around. (Or decent orders on auction)

All about bankroll in the end.

Mike.. You always had better rates then Lebanner..

You pay 4 % - day or -3.5 % if amount is biger then 50 peds..

When I asked Lebanner for some rates.. Some was even -10 from day mu..

In small amount thats not big deal.. But if you sell constantly for smaller % then you are in big loss..

Mike.. You always had better rates then Lebanner..

You pay 4 % - day or -3.5 % if amount is biger then 50 peds..

When I asked Lebanner for some rates.. Some was even -10 from day mu..

In small amount thats not big deal.. But if you sell constantly for smaller % then you are in big loss..

ah, the first guy to call me Mike!

im thinking "Pirate" is a bad name for a trader lol

Arf

-Rep for you my friend. Do you work IRL? Do you get 100 times more payment then pirate will if this works out good for him? Then you are 100 times as much of a scum in my eyes.

Anyways on to the subject. I have ben dealing with pirate for a while (buying ores since im a crafter ^^) And he's offering good quantities and fair prices, and he seems like a good guy. However i am far to afriad to invest in a thing like this. It reminds me to much of this.... http://www.wirm.net/nightfreeze/part1.html

Even if it starts out nice, he's giving people their money back as promised and their interested, it COULD be (im saying it COULD. not that i think it is, because i dont) an all out ass preteding to be nice and once he got 200k on his account he'll take the money and go. All trades are final, theres nothing anyone can do about it.

My Opinion

for the record i am not a reseller or trader of any kind.

i was just making a statement that in some peoples minds its ok for people
they like to be a reseller and for people they don't like they consider evil wrong doers and are considered (fill in the blank ).

i have seen people talk in chat about sending in support tickets because they are trying to manipulate the market by buying at prices lower then current MU and selling at prices that they feel.

the point im trying to make is we need a standard for trading, and not this ,"well since my friend knows him, its ok that hes a reseller, but since i don't know that other guy there screw him im sending in a support case on him to get him banned".

i don't recall any support case replys posted about what MA does about these resellers that got support cases about them.

so if anyone has a official comment about what kind of standard there is, please let me know, and anyone else that is interested.

i think we should be able to trade with out the fear of getting account banned
because your not on the A lists friends list.

Arf

the point im trying to make is we need a standard for trading, and not this ,"well since my friend knows him, its ok that hes a reseller, but since i don't know that other guy there screw him im sending in a support case on him to get him banned".

Arf

i dont think u can do that, its a free market and again since its a free market u can have no standard for trading.

its just rep and trust as many people will say

Lol.

i have seen people talk in chat about sending in support tickets because they are trying to manipulate the market by buying at prices lower then current MU and selling at prices that they feel.
LOL.

Why would you send in a support ticket for someone trading freely in a game that's set up to be like a free market in the real world? That's almost like sending in a support ticket to MA saying that you can't make peds freely becuase sweating takes time and time is money....

for the record i am not a reseller or trader of any kind.

i was just making a statement that in some peoples minds its ok for people
they like to be a reseller and for people they don't like they consider evil wrong doers and are considered (fill in the blank ).

i don't recall any support case replys posted about what MA does about these resellers that got support cases about them.

so if anyone has a official comment about what kind of standard there is, please let me know, and anyone else that is interested.

i think we should be able to trade with out the fear of getting account banned
because your not on the A lists friends list.

Arf

Reselling = OK. simple. Its one of the professions in the game, why dislike the ones doing it?

Trader and Resellers = Same thing, but each trader/reseller lives on different principles. Some people believe paying -10% for say... Narc is ok, and then they make 10% profit which is huge. Some traders think thats wrong and try to work with smaller margins probably for attractiveness and because some probably feel 10% is kinda steep profit for someone to make with no risk. It goes back to business, do you like companies that outsource jobs for low cost? Or do you like companies that pay the local guys to get same job done? Of course the guys getting paid are the miners, so they are either the "Outsourced" low paid work or they get "fair" paid work. Fair is in the eye of the beholder though.

Leb and Sarah IMO work on the same %'s, not 100% sure with Sarah though, and I believe they vary on some things being ok, and others being bad.

As for the person saying 2.5%-3% interest is low a week.... well you must hate banks eh? Because if you have a chequings account or even basic savings account they are using your money to get other financing done and paying you if your lucky maybe.... at max 3% a year (basic savings account).

Im a trader myself and go generally with -4%, I dont do the extra -.5% for big quantities, thats just how I work. I believe if you go over -5% for your basic 100%-140% markups thats pretty high mark off because if you just reauction stuff thats a big % to work with. But like I said Im not on much anymore so I rather my PED do something with a return then do lack of anything currently.

If you dont like the idea you dont have to bash it. Hes just a trader thats a no depo looking for extra cash from investors and offering a % return. Of course there is no safety net when you deal with "Pirate" because all trades are final and who knows if he'll run off. Thats part of the risk part, and his 2.5-3% return is the return part. So high risk? High Return.

Back