Modified Starkov AS-117 FACT !!!

Status

dr_udi

Stalker
Dr Udi
Im a proud owner of a Modified Starkov AS-117 and NO its not for sale. I just got fed up with ignorent people who always downrep this gun so for once Im gonna set the record straight.

First of all this thread is not about neg-repping the imk2, I don’t think that’s even possible  I use imk2 as a comparison since its such a popular gun and stats are pretty similar to mod stark.

OK, here we go.
Mod Stark has a range of 99m with a reload of 1sec ( 60 rpm ) doing 62 in damage while decaying 4.56 and using 10 ammo.
Imk2 has a range of 104.5 with a reload of 1 sec ( 60 rpm ) doing 72 in damage while decaying 0.25 and using 15 ammo.
Intelligent people has prolly allready seen that these two guns are pretty close to each other in stats.

Normally just about here ppl start whining about mod stark decayin. Well YES it decays for sure BUT it allso has a low ammoburn

Mod Stark cost 14.56 per click
Imk2 cost 15.25 per click.

Time to amp these babys.
Dante adds 31 in damage while using 3 ammo and decaying 4
A204 adds 20 in damage while using 1 ammo and decaying 3.3

So?
Amped Mod Stark does 93 dmg per sec using 13 ammo while costing 21.56 per click
Amped imk2 does 92 dmg per sec using 16 ammo while costing 19.55 per click

Lets go for a 50 000 ammo (500ped) hunt !
Mod Stark will fire 3846 times before you are out of ammo
Imk2 will fire 3125 times before you are out of ammo

No loot 
Back to the repair terminal 
Mod Stark with amp will cost 329 to repair
Imk2 with amp will cost 111 to repair

Imk2 cost +70k ( ++110k today ) and Mod Stark doesn’t

Please feel free to comment, neg rep, whine in this thread as much as u like I still love my Mod Stark.

Edited many many times since I had made so many errors. Thnx to all who pointed them out.

Last edited:
dr_udi said:
...Mod Stark har a range of 99m with a reload of 1sec ( 60 rpm ) doing 62 in damage while decaying 4.56 and using 10 ammo.
Imk2 has a range of 104.5 with a reload of 1 sec ( 60 rpm ) doing 72 in damage while decaying 0.25 and using 15 ammo.
...Mod Stark cost 15.25 per click
Imk2 cost 14.56 per click...
I think you may have accidently switched the numbers here, right?

Niiice guns both of them. I'd love to own one. :)

Vedder said:
I think you may have accidently switched the numbers here, right?

Niiice guns both of them. I'd love to own one. :)

Corrected Thank You !!!

/udi

nice job +rep to you:Dinteresting ....when i will have money i will think of buyn a stark money and skills for using it

dr_udi said:
Amped Mod Stark does 93 dmg per sec using 13 ammo while costing 21.56 per click
Amped imk2 does 92 dmg per sec using 16 ammo while costing 19.55 per click

Lets go for a 50 000 ammo (500ped) hunt !
Mod Stark will fire 3846 times before you are out of ammo
Imk2 will fire 3125 times before you are out of ammo

No loot 
Back to the repair terminal 
Mod Stark with amp will cost 829 ped to repair
Imk2 with amp will cost 611 ped to repair

Imk2 cost +70k and Mod Stark doesn’t 

I hope I'm not to tired to think straight... but consider this as well:

You do more damage with the mod Stark. If we should compare actual damage dealt we need to take(92/93)*3125=3091.4 (amount of times you need to fire to compare damage with the 3125 shots fired with IMKII.
Lets compare decay:
IMKII: 611 ped
Mod Stark: 3091.4*21.56=666.5 ped (and then you have 9809.8 ammo left...)

/Crusader

well, if your stats are correct, amped mod starkov have about 4.31 dmg/pec where UNAMPED imk2 have 4.72 dmg/pec.

and if you go on a hunt like that with unamped imk2 it will be able to fire 3333 times, and need 8.33 ped repairs...
less dmg/sec, of course :)

I think Udi forgot to mention how good Ghoul armor is :wise:

Minoa said:
I think Udi forgot to mention how good Ghoul armor is :wise:

Oh yeah sorry, Ghoul rox :D

Imk2 with amp will cost 611 ped to repair

on 500peds ammos ? noway ! :laugh:
imk2 decays 25peds every 1500peds ammos
a203 is like 50peds for 300peds ammos

that must be a mistake :)

I always loved mod stark, simple as that :)
And yes impMkII has higher dam/pec ingame than anything else, and yes its the easiest gun to profit with.. But if you know what youre doing and have the skills 4,3+dam/pec goes a looong way as well ;) And like he said in initial post hes not saying mod stark is a better gun than imp2, hes just kinda stating that it kicks ass, especially @price i guess ;)

I made a gazzilion errors in the first post. Thnx to many tips from EF ppl Im correcting them. Hopefully this will be 100% correct someday :)

:)

Thanks for useful info Dr Udi +rep :)
what is the approx price value for either guns atm?

J

Guessing 15-20k on mod stark, not many sold so hard to say atm.
imp2?... Well i know Darkfire is offering +70k atm and didnt get any offers yet.. Sellers market atm i guess in a big way? but should be around that

Yes,
I agree that it is a good way to skill up BLP skill.

Maybe selling a Mod Stark, if I get a nice offer... PM me or see me in game if your interested (not in a huge rush)

Well the 204 amp is not the best to use for imk2 you can cut that repair cost almost in 1/2 buy using an 106... most ppl I know that use imk2 or mm have an 106 amp for hunting :)

I use 106 all the time even when I had 204s.

I Remember Lady when she switched from an 106 to an 204..

Wow she talked over and over how good it was; Next month she was back with an 106 saying how much money she saved an month with an 106 in decay over an 204.

Decay/repairs on 106 is like 50 to 60 (think its 1/2 of the 204)

Not saying mod 117 is not an good gun for hunting but imk2 vs mod 117 damage to damage the imk2 is better.

Laser attachments have less decay then blp ones.

when it comes down to it really its easier to add ammo funds / cheaper to add ammo funds then to have to fix an broken mod 117.

So im saying that you math shows an imk2 to be better already then mod 117 but your also using not so good an amp with it for you testing.. The best amp to use is an 106

Anyone know if any pre-gold Mod Starks made it to Ancient? I knew of two that were still "clean" about 6 months before the Ancient conversion but I've lost track of the owners.

stop making its price go up! It's a pure poor pwners power! :(

+rep! :eek:

blondie_39 said:
Thanks for useful info Dr Udi +rep :)
what is the approx price value for either guns atm?

J

Sloggy Schizotaupe der Satan was selling his over on EP. I was in comms with him over pm. He said he had an offer of tt+16,5k I asked what HE wanted so I could buy it, and his next response was it was sold :rolleyes: whatever dude...

so I figure it was somewhere around that price. he didn't say, so its speculation on my part with nobody to verify

Last edited:
Mod mk2 for life :laugh:
nice research and im sure both are great guns (ofcourse its imp and mod)

Laser attachments have less decay then blp ones

huh? where did u get that idea?
blp amps actually have lower decay when u compare dam/decay since all laser amps have 1 ammoburn (atleast the good ones :p) and dante has 3 ammoburn :D

but if ment dam/pec then yes, its a bit lower then laser..

or do it exist blp lasers and blp scopes? :laugh:

and most important, laser amps sucks when it comes to TT, they brake in notime :p

btw, this goes for all blp (digs up an old comparasionI made loong ago)

Name Dam/sec Dam/pec Range aprox tt+
as-117 33.81 4.12 70 100-200
Adj hero 31.24 4.27 80 1K-2K

As-129 49.8 4.13 60 350-550
MK5 48.97 4.14 75 1.5K-2.5K

ok prices may have gone up just a little bit since then but the diffrence should be about the same.. i think.

very short and simple comparasion :) and it tells me that as 129 really should be just as expensive as mk5, or mk5 cheaper.. (i think mk5s longer range is about the same advantage as as129s higher dam amp choise)

Last edited:
I don’t mean to steal your thread but this is an good time to see something.

I was told there are only 3 mod 117 in the whole game.

I know mallo women has one.

I sold my old one to silver fox , think he sold it to some one else

your mod 117 is that the 3 rd one? Or did you buy it from silver fox?

Prett sure there is more than 3.

You cannot compare in any way Improved MK2 and Modified Starkhov AS-117.
The first has an extremely low decay therefore all the ammos go to the lootpool( for the believers of a lootpool) and there is more chance to get back loots unlike Mod As which costs 30% decay 70% ammos(both unamped) .

Now amp this toy and enjoy the power of BLP :p

francine said:
The first has an extremely low decay therefore all the ammos go to the lootpool( for the believers of a lootpool) and there is more chance to get back loots unlike Mod As which costs 30% decay 70% ammos(both unamped) .

this is 100% speculation, and he's in his full right to compare the two weapons :p

francine said:
You cannot compare in any way Improved MK2 and Modified Starkhov AS-117.

what Darkfike said +, very wrong. This question has been forwarded to Marco and his answer was that it doesnt matter if your decay is high or low... or to be exact i think the question was "if everyone use melee weapons which only use decay will the loots get worse" reply "No". basicly the same thing tho :p

Roth said:
what Darkfike said +, very wrong. This question has been forwarded to Marco and his answer was that it doesnt matter if your decay is high or low... or to be exact i think the question was "if everyone use melee weapons which only use decay will the loots get worse" reply "No". basicly the same thing tho :p

That´s what i always have said to :)
MA will take the same amount of money no matter if everyone use imk2 only or melee weapons only.

MA is pretty unclear about this. On their site it says:

Game fees

Players in PE do not pay any fixed game fee or monthly subscription fee in order to play the game. Players costs are the equipment and objects that they collect as they play and which wear out with use. The players must regularly upgrade their possessions via special automated service stations to retain full capacity.

For example, a hunting weapon wears in relation to the number of shots discharged. The wear level is indicated via status information on the screen and can also be noticed by reduced performance in the object. The normal service fee for an active player lies between 0.5 and 1.5 USD per hour played.

I think this is just some marketing blabla. I am not sure about this, but I think it is forbidden by the law, to make profit on any cost used for killing a mob. So they can only have income from secondary cost, like fap decay and armor decay.

OT: I totaly agree that these guns are underrated. The comarision between MKV and as129 is a very good one. The as129 is actually better then MKV and the price difference is enrmous. I have been wondering about the reason for this too for a while. Reason for this can be ofcourse that most people start with lasers, and once they have 5k in lwt the don't want to switch anymore.

Well if you believe Marco then you believe in Santa Claus :laugh:

Status
Back