Question: How Long will Dropped Items Last?

mycokerewards

Guardian
Society
Global Alliance
Johnny "Millionare" Smith
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Please Answer The Poll. ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

I've always wondered: when will an item that is dropped somewhere disappear if nobody bothers to pick it up? I hope the answer ain't on the forum. I've seen people on EF say: "find missing PED somewhere in [somewhere]" for days... But, on the other hand, I have seen unpickable objects not be in the place I last saw them at.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Please Answer The Poll. ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

edit: yes, i did forget about the poll, sorry. but it looks like i already have the answer; thanx all.

Last edited:
You forgot the poll.

And as fas as I've noticed, items stay put until picked up.

I'm actually testing this as we speak ... it's been about hmmmm ... 2 months now where i dropped items and i have been adding to the stack alot ... all i know is i will cry if MA decides to change it up on me ... lol

Permanent.

I dropped 2 gazzurdite stones 10 feet away from auctioneer on CP in a bush, You had to look just right to see them.

I'm happy to say they stayed there for 15 months 6 days.. :yay:

i thought they disapperad when the servers go down iv heard it on a post... :confused:

i thought they disapperad when the servers go down iv heard it on a post... :confused:

Nope, they sure don't. I can attest to this as I have quite the little stash hidden for someone to find and it was there prior to the update a few days ago. Is that what you mean by servers going down.... an update?

yes a update :)

Interesting. A few vu's ago, I left an enmatter probe on the ocean floor, and wrote down the co-ords. Haven't been back, but I'll check my notebook and go visit. It was way the hell out, not near any island, and deep.

And so begin the legends of treasure hordes of items hidden all over virtuality by long forgotten avas who didn't want to buy property for storage :laugh: :yay:

Well, maybe not :ahh: but the thought made me laugh ;)

And so begin the legends of treasure hordes of items hidden all over virtuality by long forgotten avas who didn't want to buy property for storage :laugh: :yay:

When you find the the treasure make sure you put a pec on it and make a wish :D

Hm.... well those rumors were more common back in the days :silly2: the ubers stacking the stuff they dont want to carry around on the ocean floor...

I have my own little hiddout for almost a year and nothing have disapear, also stuff you drop are listed in your possession list in the website, its write "In-world" or something like that. The only way to loose them its if someone have found them.:beerchug:

i believe it used to be the case that server resets/VU cleared all items in the world. dont know if that was true or not, but it certainly isnt the case any more as i too have place items around and they where/are still out there.

I have also had a little "grafitti" in my apt foyer and it occasionally disappears but its longest stretch was over 12mths.

:offtopic:
Can someone help me find the post for the ultimate pile of dropped items....

It was a house star built for a decorating competition run by MA a long time ago ('06 or earlier).
It was built out in the ocean somewhere and was a pretty impressive but i just cant seem to find it on the forum.
Can anyone find this?
Maybe just drop me a pm so as not to hijack this thread.

thanks...back to the topic ;)

I'd imagine it wouldn't be a good idea to leave items on the ground when we get CryEngine 2 (VU 10) but it depends how they are stored, if they are just stored as coordinates on database, then they may still be there after it is implemented.

Although there may be a building or other object placed on top of it of course..... :)

Until someone picks them up?! :D
... or until CE2 comes....

Made me a treasure hunter...better than dung...:yay:

But soon will come the threads...Ubers are not dropping enough...:laugh:

Hm.... well those rumors were more common back in the days :silly2: the ubers stacking the stuff they dont want to carry around on the ocean floor...

Did anyone ever claim to have found one?

I wonder if there are stashes from deleted accounts.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be a good idea to leave items on the ground when we get CryEngine 2 (VU 10)
Actually it's a good idea, the result would give some food for thought on the topic ;).

i remember a loooong time ago, above the twin peeks bar or whatever, was a floating chair, and some cans of oil. It stayed there for quite a long time. it wasnt until a major VU occured that they dissapeared, or finally soneone got them lol

all this talk of stashes and what not, i feel a little treasure hunt about to begin .............

yeah, fr easter bunnies lol

Back