PC: Imp 2870 - price today and in June?

Minken

Old Alpha
Minken
Greetings EF members,

Today I'm a bit confused, and I need your help to clear things out :)

This thread is mainly a price check for the Omegaton M2870 Improved (also known as Imp 2870), but you are allowed to discuss the gun, convince me that I do not have the required skill for it, and so on. Just as your reply is serious and it's about the Imp 2870 I'm happy with it :)

For your info, we are talking about a pure PED deal. I will (most likely) buy one of these great guns at the B) point of time (see below).

Here is two questions I have in my mind that you more than welcome may reply to and/or guess:

A) What is a fair price for an Imp 2870 today?

B) What price do you estimate for the Imp 2870 in eight weeks from today? (The first week in June).

The reason why I am confused is that I've heard so many different prices, if it where sold today. From "about 60k" up to 75k-80k.

All contributions for clearing up my mind will be thankfully received. If you don't want to comment here, it's OK to send me a PM (even with offers - but please be aware of the purchase time, mentioned above).

IMHO (aka In My Humble Opinion), a price span of 20k for that gun is a bit to much, concerning the global financial crisis and generally falling prices for weapons. That's why I hoping to get it reduced to a more reasonable span.

Many thanks in advance and have a good day.

Regards,
Minken

Last edited:
i own 1 of these guns my self and i love it but i am also looking to sell it but the econemy has bin shit latly and i am not willing to let it go for les than 80 i think there is 1 for sale atm for 80k or highest offer above 75k and there have bin several sales over the last few month,s all in the area of 80 or higher but thats 1 of the reasons the price is swinging atm is cus atleast 3-4 where selling at the same time becus of scared owners that where afraid of price drops anyway long story short

fair price atm imo = 75/80k

ps dont mind the spelling i know it sucks

last sold in auction was at tt+45K, "bait KK" bought it prolly because nobody had the ped for it at this time, I would say 55-60K now?

all i can say what a lucky basterd and totaly disagree on that price

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't there an i2870 on auc like a week ago with the opening at 64k?

I myself want one of those too, but that will have to wait.. GL minken :)

The last one in auction sold for +80k, that was in november.

entropia_2009-04-07_15-05-25-94.jpg

last sold in auction was at tt+45K, "bait KK" bought it prolly because nobody had the ped for it at this time, I would say 55-60K now?

I thought he bought if for BO which was I believe 80k ped. :scratch2: Can anyone check ingame markup history for it?

Around 65K with current USD-rate, eqvivalent to last summers price on this wpn, maybe a bit less if you take the unstable economy into consideration also.
/Arwen

there was one in auction for 75k unsold this week. doesnt say much but suggests noone thought it a bargin.

valuations are tricky all round right now. i think if are willing to trade you might get more for one, but then have to risk those other items not being sold for their supposed value.

Well the gun was selling at a peak of 105-115k. It sold at 80k BO on auction when the USD rate was already bad versus the euro and sterling. I have a feeling quite a few owners bought them at around 100k. Last sale was richman's 85k of items for one (ef)?

So I can't imagine many will sell the gun below 70-75k. Plus I have not heard of anyone selling a i2870 below 75k for quite some time. I was looking to buy one 3 months ago, and nobody would sell one below 80k. I eventually didn't buy one, as I valued the gun at 75k. And since then I decided to wait till cryengine.

On it's future value

Guns like i2870 will possible hold their value better because they are certain to remain rare, offer much better stats to skilled players, and as more people become skilled more people will want these guns in comparison to UL sib. And 90 dmg/sec amp'd is good enough to hunt most mobs.

Last edited:
Around 80K I'd say, it peaked to 120K before the crisis.

I remember people were laughing when I bought one at TT+73k about 1.5 years ago :) ... nut price for a gun ... now it is common price

Atami

PS : It is worth it ...

Thanks for all the replies - keep em coming :)

As I can see, the market for this kind of gun is in a bit of a shake right now. The price span is ~20k, witch I still think is too wide.

It seems out of your comments that I will get lucky if I manage to buy one for around 70k. I think that's a fair price and I don't think it's impossible. I guess it's all about timing. The financial crisis will most probably not change that much until June.

As with all kind of financial conditions, there's always a risk that the value for an item (real or virtual) drops. However, the real loss dosn't comes before I sell the item. [OT: That's why I keep my Chikara APPPG-1 in storage (bought it for ~10k)]

Instead of getting a narrow price span, another question popped up in my head: How will the item values respond to the implementation of CryEngine? (wyz mentioned CE above).

Instead of getting a narrow price span, another question popped up in my head: How will the item values respond to the implementation of CryEngine? (wyz mentioned CE above).

Nothing... will be the same story then the big china was going to start play. Nothing did happen whit price off stuff.
Many hope that price will go up when CE comes becouse more people are going to start to play. Will take 1-2 years before there will that amount off new people start looking for guns like this.

i2780 ~65k

Price on item will drop more to the summer, will be alot more people whitout jobs by then that own this kinda toys that needs to sellout... :(

Your better waiting till cryengine hits imo.

But longterm, I expect i2870 will hold its value better than other guns. MA seem to want an economy of weapons at around 4.10-4.15 eco (UL sib with or without %). I think Frank suggested mod fap and guns like i2870 wont drop in the new golden age. So I expect new sib guns at best to drop with cry.

I don't think speed of guns will go above lb1800. So overall I'd think i2870 is a safe bet, in comparison to the other options. It will remain rare, will have better reload and distance and economy (with skills) than other handguns. Combine with korss, p5a, hl14 users (most common hunters) wanting to upgrade in speed and economy eventually. Plus with hl14 now quite eco, ppl can skill or chip to commando more easily (around time to use i2870). It's future looks good i think. Though it's impossible to be sure with MA.

I'm starting to love this gun even more :) Saw someone at Neas with it. Was taking out an Ambu Mature in a small bounch of seconds. Was amped with A106, but the firepower made me drool on the keyboard :D

Regarding skills and Eco. I don't see myself as an uber, especially not regarding skill. IMHO, I think it's worth to use the gun even if I have ~ 4.0 HA and 6.4 CA. Sure, I'll miss about 15% of all hits, but I will still get more speed and firepower than what I do with HL8 (L) or HL11 (L).
What do you say?

I think 4.0 is too low to be honest. Level 60 in hit and dmg, with scopes/sights (i think they work) will be a good starting place. And if your thinking of buying such an expensive weapon, you may want to consider chipping to that level. And your right, as a longtime korss user, it makes me drool :).

4.0 HA is still better than 3.5 HA :) I'm not that worried about the low HA level. The economy will work anyway, since it's UL and really cheap to use (at least compared to my other UL weapons).

However, I will consider chipping a bit. But atm, I rather invest in items, than in "locked" skill. And besides, the loot don't get better just because of my potentially higer skill. It's only the efficiency that gets better.

It was selling at 75-80k before the drops in market value of many items due to exchange rates/economy. However, no one selling this gun in particular seems willing to accept a depreciation of ~25-33% that many other items have suffered...

I sold mine about 6 weeks ago for 87k

I think the major problem ingame right now is that there is a lack of cash among the playerbase.

Therefor we have an insane pricedrop.
remember just 8 months ago, everyone was whining about the insane inflation.

Players now how much less peds to spare and those who have peds are afraid to do investments, its as easy as that.

The Imp m2875 is one example of a fine gun now falling in price.
I bought a ul hl8 just a month or two ago, didnt do a good research of the real marketvalue and now i've "lost" around 20k on that deal if i where to sell it today.

Does this mean my UL hl8 will be worthless in 2 months time?
Probobly close to, does this botter me?

Not really, after rain comes sunshine, the economy will turn around, people will have that extra cash to spare again.

If mindark would go bancrupt, ofcourse i would have lost all my cash.. but theres nothing i can do about that.

Meanwhile i see my hl8 as an long term investment.
atm im hunting argonauts with it, everyday, and i do not need to deposit anymore.. Thats a HUGE difference in my gamestyle as i used to depo 100-300 USD per month.

Will there be a mega-inflation again? Where the MM or mod fap goes up to 600k?
Probobly not since mindark poors out high lvl UL toys.

But im very sure that I2875 will be valued around 75k again (it will be lower before it turns).

Im also sure that the UL HL8 will be valued around tt+25k-30k again.

Im sure that Imp 21 defender will be tt+10k again.

The crash in RL economy strikes entropia even harder, since entropia is SPARE,... its your spare time and its your spare cash.. Not many people have spare cash right now... In 3 years when everything turns, happy happy joy joy.

Meanwhile, i'll be skilling madly without depositing..

Have fun out there.

Yes, indeed, there are a lack of cash among the player base. Or at least the big player base holds the money. It would be interesting to see how many players who have sold (uber) gear and withdrawn the money into real cash. I am about to do the opposite - invest/risk a lot of money to get some nice gears at fair prices. The Adj Fap was the first I got, later comes the Imp 2870.

I say grats to Yerman for selling it at 87k for six weeks ago. Also grats to the unknown buyer, who have bought a really nice and eco hunting gun - altho the price was a bit too high IMHO.

It's still about 8 weeks until I can buy me an Imp 2870, so it's too early to speculate what price I will pay... but 87k? No, that's way to high.

The way I see it, this purchase of yours is made just for the extra added value you will gain once the market will rise for this item. It's kinda risky imo to invest in a game where there's no real security that you will recover at least some of your investment.

Besides, you don't seem to know the proper way to use this weapon so I doubt you will make any profit with it. My advice is to try and get in touch with a few owners and get them to share some of their experience, mostly the ones that got the gun before commando and are hardcore hunters.

I did some quick test on entropiawiki.com and at my lvl, 55 hit and 54 dmg on laser pistols, I2780+a106 has lower eco and dps then apis+dante, considering apis at 153%. And you are less skilled the me. :) With scopes and lasers you might increase a bit the hit ability but it won't give you any significant advantage.

Someone once told me that if I can make a profit with limited weapons or at least find a way to break even with L, then investing in an UL weapon is a good choice. Maybe you should also ask yourself this question and see what's the response.

Sitram

the auction where kk bait got an i2870 ended in the 80k buyout. the person that bid against him immediately paid ~77k for on to another seller.

to answer the question, tho, a couple have sold recently. a lot of trade was involved in each sale, but it suggests the price is probably in the 70-80k range at this time.

this gun usually paces around 1/3rd the price of a MM. when MM was getting 300k, it was a 100k gun. atm, MM is being offered for 250k. the i2870 is a bit flat but holding it's own against things like doa rockjackers and SIBs.

no idea what it will be in june. tbh, can't really determine the future. but here's hoping you catch up to it at a price that makes you happy.

Considering that a MkV ME was sold yesterday for 30k (with only one bid) I would say that 75-80k is way too much for an imp 2870 these days. My personal felling s that even 55-60k is too much...

Why don't an imp 2870 owner put on out with SB 1 ped and let the market decide ;)

In the end it depends on the the 5 W's who where what why when , who they bought it off and for how much , where can they get a good price for it ,what did they pay for it in the first place and when they sell it will they atleast make thier money back that they invested in it. So if i bought one 3 years ago for 30k selling it for 45 today might seem ok to me , if you buy it today for 70k ill bet you want atleast that much for it when your ready to sell. Theres no right or wrong price for anything.

Considering that a MkV ME was sold yesterday for 30k (with only one bid) I would say that 75-80k is way too much for an imp 2870 these days. My personal felling s that even 55-60k is too much...

Why don't an imp 2870 owner put on out with SB 1 ped and let the market decide ;)

I cursed myself yesterday not having enough cash to buy that Mk.V me.

I agree 75k is way too much, if it was this it was the ONLY gun to not drop in price when ALL others did it does do decent dps but still it has always tracked mkvme in price and would say it should be worth more since its higher dps

50-55k is what I'd pay and I'm seriously looking for one

was the one that was on auc a few days ago sold? If so, to what price?

I agree 75k is way too much, if it was this it was the ONLY gun to not drop in price when ALL others did it does do decent dps but still it has always tracked mkvme in price and would say it should be worth more since its higher dps

The I2870 has not always tracked with the MK5 me. MK5 me used to cost more than the I2870. But as mobs got bigger health the I2870 soon become worth more and more than the MK5 me.

Which is highlighted by the fact. I2870 was 115-120k at peak, Mk5 ME was 55-60k. So 60k for I2870 would be an equal drop. 50% drop rule.

And if we follow the 50% rule for item value,

Mod merc would be 150k

Imk2 would be 110k

Mod fap would be 210k

Imp fap would be 160k

I can't see that happening because more desirable items tend to drop less in price. Less desirable will drop more, which is highlighted by the ML35 losing 66% of it's value.

Last edited:
Back