How MA will Shut Down EU

I've always wondered how MA would shut down EU (if it does). This could be due to the economy or just business reasons for them. Would they notify players? Would it be abrupt? Would they get creative?

I then imagined my own creative way of EU being destroyed. Mine would kinda go along the lines of:

Logging in and then finding tons of robots running around killing everyone everywhere, the sky on fire, noobs screaming, buildings crumbled, players in shadow and angel armor managing to pop of a few rounds before being burnt to a crisp from 50 robot lasers shooting them at once, and a message that pops up saying:

Calypso, CND, and CP have been invaded by robots. You have failed.

Thank you for playing EU,
Love,
MindArk
:tux:

..... EU CRASH .......(fade to black)....

So now I ask you guys:
How do you imagine your last day of EU? (God forbid :silly2:) :rolleyes:

Would it be raining troxes and traxes?
Would it just be a black screen saying MA has shut down EU?
Would you log on, ATH, then get a message saying EU has shut down and then get booted?
Would it be a robot invasion?
Would it be a zombie invasion?
Would it be a noob invasion?
Would it be a zombie noob robot invasion?

Get creative guys :D

The EU is no where close to being shut down and threads like this are nothing but destructive.

I have played this game for almost 4 years. Every summer things slow down and this year we have a IRL recession on top of it. Every year people think that the sky is falling when they see less people online.

Instead of creating threads like this that make people think the worst, snoop around and look at all of the things that are about to come out of MA and the planet partners. Try and put 2 and 2 together and see what is in the works now.

The biggest "investors" in the game know what is going on, what will happen, when it will happen, and how it will happen. You also see all of them still here, still playing, and still buying.

The people who do leave are the ones you don’t know what is happening and fear the worst. Like always they will be back and they will kick themselves in the ass for selling out when the market was down.

Threads like this are not creative, they are destructive due to the fact they only spread unfounded rumors and negative sentiment

Last edited:
They would keep the servers going , the game would still be playable , there would just be no way to withdrawl.

But I dont think this will happen.

If it ever does , we will all still play i think , just bitch alot more (if thats possible).

Bones

This is assuming it is. Not saying it will be or anything :rolleyes:

But IF it was...(poses question again)

They would say..

Why So SerioussssssssssssSSSSSS

I've always wondered how MA would shut down EU (if it does). This could be due to the economy or just business reasons for them. Would they notify players? Would it be abrupt? Would they get creative?

I then imagined my own creative way of EU being destroyed. Mine would kinda go along the lines of:

Logging in and then finding tons of robots running around killing everyone everywhere, the sky on fire, noobs screaming, buildings crumbled, players in shadow and angel armor managing to pop of a few rounds before being burnt to a crisp from 50 robot lasers shooting them at once, and a message that pops up saying:

Calypso, CND, and CP have been invaded by robots. You have failed.

Thank you for playing EU,

Love,

MindArk
:tux:

..... EU CRASH .......(fade to black)....

So now I ask you guys:
How do you imagine your last day of EU? (God forbid :silly2:) :rolleyes:

Would it be raining troxes and traxes?

Would it just be a black screen saying MA has shut down EU?
Would you log on, ATH, then get a message saying EU has shut down and then get booted?
Would it be a robot invasion?
Would it be a zombie invasion?
Would it be a noob invasion?
Would it be a zombie noob robot invasion?​

Get creative guys :D

You are a pissoff!!!!!! now go play with your lego and leave us alone!!!

Pink

ok this kinda of thing is simply unacceptable im locking this thread:locked:there

Not likely to happen soon I hope.

But an interesting question though.

lighten up ppl :silly2:

relax and have fun :rolleyes:

Well the EU is real money and some of us have ALOT of money tied up in game. As a result, most of us dont think things like this are "fun"

I dont think itll end soon, however id say theyd close as fast as they could so they could harness as much money as possible from us :)

But thats just me, anyway it wont end so who cares :yay:

the world will never end it is written now go sweat whiners or depo or change professions...:wise:

the world will never end it is written now go sweat whiners or depo or change professions...:wise:

Are you sure you are not Brooklynn? Some of the stuff y ou say sounds awfully familiar :p

"Server is down, please check your internet connection or news of maintenance update"

That'll be the first sign I think.

Too bad you cant :laugh:

Myself, i would like to see it locked
what in the world is wrong with you? The guy proposed just a creative exercise, for fun..an original one i might add... why are you bashing him?:confused:

what in the world is wrong with you? The guy proposed just a creative exercise, for fun..an original one i might add... why are you bashing him?:confused:

I don't see the fun it it,
Creative in what way?
Original, maybe...

Usefull? noo

Pink

This is how it will happen:

BBC just announced that Xing Tian Nu just paid 3bill $ to buy company that owned Entropia universe.

As of today Xing announce that the so called 'service' will not be on line any more.:(

She decided to keep the universe to herself and claim 'I paid great amount of money to be able to hunt mine and craft for life at no cost, why I would let anyone spoil the fun'?:cool:

As of this decision many Entropia participant united to file law suit against the new owner, sadly as there is no law that apply to virtual estates all law suit were declared not receivable.;)

Today Xing enjoy her new toy and some time let 18db log in (but only because she like him).;)

So you all know the day that happen you will see this message on the client load:

Hello all Entropian felas I hope you are well but sadly am sorry to announce that I can’t let you log in any more... If you think you can be part of this great adventure pls sent check of 1mill $ and I will let you play for one full year.

For the ppl that blame him common he just made post is not like we are talking life and death relax bit.:)

I too have money in EU. I'm not saying hey EU sucks, let's bash it. This isn't a "threat". I'm just wondering how if EU ever did close (note how I said it said it wasn't and "God forbid") how would you prefer to see your last log in?

I myself wanna see my avatar go out in a bang. The world crumble. rather than just see a black screen saying. EU has shut down. :rolleyes:

That's all. I'm glad some people see the harmless creativity in this thread. :cool:

If you don't wanna be constructive, please don't bash.

P.S. I like how i'm already in the negative reps just as I become a new member :rolleyes:

Thnx to XingTianNu and Falushat (among others) who actually get the point of the thread :beerchug:

We get the point of the thread but what upsets people is the result of the thread.

Imagine being a brand new player in the EU, today is your first day and you see this thread. Chances are you probably wouldn’t stick around, would you?

We get the point of the thread but what upsets people is the result of the thread.

Imagine being a brand new player in the EU, today is your first day and you see this thread. Chances are you probably wouldn’t stick around, would you?

took the words right out my mouth plus rep for u

Hmmm

First MA 'sells' EU - with all EU's liability but keeps the core element of EU that provides value (ie the IPR). The sell this and put a positive spin on it (think of it as selling toxic assets as a great investment and you have a clear analogy)

So MA is left with a company without liability, however, owning all the valuable elements of the EU experience ie the platform or IPR

Then they diversify - and spread the risk by opening other 'worlds'

Then they distance themselves from EU in a clear manner - preferably by providing a new CEO

Then ...'let the cards fall' MA is indemnified.

valid point. :eek:

maybe i should have emphasized the nature of how much I didn't want EU to fall to pieces. and turn away new EF people who may be reading my post.

I've always wondered how MA would shut down EU (if it does).

How do you imagine your last day of EU? (God forbid :silly2:)

Get creative guys :D[/CENTER]

"God forbid " EU go down.

Let the record show: I hope EU does great and prospers, after all no matter how we feel about EU, we are all affected.;) (Unless you chipped out and are rollin in money :yay: )

I don't see the fun it it,
Creative in what way?
Original, maybe...

Usefull? noo

Pink

Creative: Well he wrote something that we have all at some point thought about, and put words on it, i even had a pretty funny picture in my head after reading it. Is that not being creative? To create something that seems familliar and still leaves room for thought?

Original, yes indeed :)

Usefull, well dont think so, and that is ofc terrible, that a unusefull thread is spamming away in this otherwise so contributing general forum........

For the fun of it, well that is in the eye of the beholder... This isnt war time where we all are working for the bigger cause, supressing the fear of loosing therefore blackning out certain issues about the game that this forum are about...

back to topic.. I was thinking more in the area of linking the PED to Zimbawe dollars 1=1

Reactions: Aly
sooner or later somebody will spill a glas of marmelade over the servers!

Revival terminals go offline for ever everyone dies period. LOL

Now lets et serious its not happening and if something like that is ever to happen we would have a lot of previous announcements since it has a lot of legal issues involved.

At that point I wouldn't give a damn about the EULA and attempt to mod the contents of the MindArk folder on my computer fully. Maybe, just maybe it'd be possible to:

1) Create an offline version of the game
2) Create a small dedicated EU server for say 16 players like you can with many other games.

Like any other game, it'd probably be moddable. In any case, I'd do my best to keep it going - in whatever form I could. :)

Back