How MA will Shut Down EU

Seems to be predominantly, people from the US and Canada that are totally against/outraged by this thread.

back on track:

Personally, I think it will all end with VU 1001 where upon login, you will be asked whether you want your ava to be a Dwarf an Elf or a Tauren and faced by the dreadded WOW Home Page. :D

Haha! I love that idea CAC, a hostile business takeover by WoW! Lol! :laugh:

It's weird cuz I could see why some people might not like the thread cuz they might actually have to think about something they don't want to, but may be inevitable like death and taxes. :silly2: Well here's another spoiler guys, everyone dies eventually :laugh:

I personally hope EU won't shut down in my life time, cuz it'd probably only be by the time i'm like 90 that I may get an ATH :rolleyes: EU FOR LIFE! :laugh:

Thanks to everyone who got the point of the thread and i'm loving the ideas!!!:wtg:

KEEP EM COMING!:wtg:

Haha! I love that idea CAC, a hostile business takeover by WoW! Lol! :laugh:[/SIZE]

Kinda liked it too! :laugh:

:D

(not cos I wanna be taken over by WoW, just found it funny lol) :silly2:

Looks like lots of people are actually scared of possible shutdown.

Someone makes a creative topic about 'how you think it will end', and gets lots of 'i don't think it ends anytime soon' / 'stfu it wont end anytime soon' type replys :rolleyes:

Anyway, i think it will be a brutal end, without a long warning and lots of unhappy people / possible lawsuits because of lost money :evilking:

Ummm, one of two things will happen.

The first will be a splash screen error report, and all it says is "EPIC FAILURE"

Or

A picture of an evil looking cat saying "I Can Haz Ur Moniez?"

Thats how I picture it.:laugh:

Mindark TM a division of EA Sports proudly presents the Entropia Universe platform using the crytech1492 graphics engine financed and backed by Gieco (formerly AIG on the stock exchange).

We regretfully extend our deepest appologies as the Obama administration was out voted this past election and all government bailout monies were recinded pending revue by the incumbant president elect and his new cabinet.

Therefore no loot will be given until this issue is resolved. Thank you for your years of loyal play in the Entropia Universe. Deposits are now only accepted between the hours of 09:00 and 14:00 UTC.

MA creates a Mining event that people think they will benefit From. Ooooooh boy double skills?! Yippe!

Then, all you have to do is find 3 small parts, only one of them will be a higher price, and you will win a prize set yayyy!!!

To increase their profit, MA extends the event an extra month! wooooo yippe!!!

To further increase profits, MA throws in an extra part, and doesnt say anything about it. OOh yeah! bonus gift!!

After people buy many parts and lose a ton of peds, MA decides that the new part will be teh same as the higher priced part, so they Change the rules, and the event continues. Yayy!!

20 noobs find Encrypted Holders, and then spend 100 ped to buy a Com Unit and a Visual Display, the other parts are taken away, and Ma has made serious Bank.

During the awards Ceremony, MA shuts down all the servers and blames the economy and poor Utilities providers.

MA takes the money and runs, Nobody has seen them till this day...

The first we would hear about MA ending their involvement with EU would be when Neverdie announces he has bought it.

Okay, satire apart, I think if the game starts to go down the tubes in 4, 6, 8 years time, it will be bought by a consortium of players, if only to keep the servers running.

Players having access to the loot server would make the playing of the game untenable for me I think though....

I've always wondered how MA would shut down EU (if it does). This could be due to the economy or just business reasons for them. Would they notify players? Would it be abrupt? Would they get creative?

Internal Error detected on this Avatar

:scared:

The only message it will show is:
In the pre loader:
Unable to connect to server, check your internet connection.
Or in the Loading screen, currently offline for maintenance. (for ever)

I only hope this will not happen before I get a chance to chipout and withdraw. But at the current skill prices I will not even consider it.

Its already starting...

Everyone is getting internal avatar errors haha :yay:

LMAO :)

This thread is a hoot!

Already happening.

(Gazzap45 wanders away chuckling to himself)

Nah, it will go like this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg[/YOUTUBE]

You bastard you beat me to it, first thing I thought of....

"Robots invade, then all your assets are belong to us"

I think a few things might happen:

1. CryEngine is finally put in place... everyone tries to update..... an unexpected error happens as you launch the game.... Support links on website disappear....

2. MA HQ gets burned down by mystereous fire.

3. ND and Death pull out of the game shocking the world of ubers and a panic spreads...

Awesome videos guys. Also... if your an uber with money in this then yes its an investment... your money is at risk just like with a stock of a company... But relax a bit guys... If your not comfortable with the risk of losing your investment then maybe you shouldn't have so much in this game...

You can go to any MMORPG forum and no matter how good the game is, unless mods are on a deletion rampage, there will always be something negative....

Reading last few pages I got two more :).

You log in only to die and see...

Your account has been critically hit, all protection has been ignored and your assets are destroyed.

Continued waste and non green reusable energies have finally taken their impact and the atmosphere on reached extreme temperatures. Everything has been vaporized. CND continues living until crime reaches epic levels due to the fact that people are using up the last amps they can find and are getting 1/200 hits. All shops are looted, and carnage begins. Eventually due to a lack of supplies all life on CND begins to end.

All those living on CP eventually suffer from gravity poison and succumb to a long slow painful death.

Ok I'll play in the intention of humor.

I see my last days sitting in the bar of Twin, trying to get that damned bartender to finally sell me a drink, but this time I wont get the drink becasue doesn't know how...it will be because I'm dead broke.

My Daki will leave me because I I could no longer feed it. My weapons will have rusted beyond repair, my leather crumble, my wools eaten by moths. Neverdie will have kicked evicted me out of my apartment because of the bug infestation and the rotting smell of Daki dung all over the floor. The auctioneers would sinker if I even try to do a transaction, my storage privileges revoked. And lastly, A noob will walk over my puke encrusted carcass as he looks for a new mob to sweat.

I see my last days sitting in the bar of Twin, trying to get that damned bartender to finally sell me a drink, but this time I wont get the drink becasue doesn't know how...it will be because I'm dead broke.

My Daki will leave me because I I could no longer feed it. My weapons will have rusted beyond repair, my leather crumble, my wools eaten by moths. Neverdie will have kicked evicted me out of my apartment because of the bug infestation and the rotting smell of Daki dung all over the floor. The auctioneers would sinker if I even try to do a transaction, my storage privileges revoked. And lastly, A noob will walk over my puke encrusted carcass as he looks for a new mob to sweat.

To change that last bit,

And lastly, A noob will walk over my puke encrusted carcass and let everyone know this one is dry, while he finds a new mob to sweat.

Nope we will just get this video come up
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIxukfdHC1w[/YOUTUBE]

Nighty night :)

The world will end at 2012.

Play EU while u still live in a world with internet.

"don't believe in yourself, don't believe in others, believe in me, who belives in you"

:) Funny thread, light humor is always good.

If the MindArk group of companies went out of business,

You would be looking at China CRD's latest acquired contractual asset ;)

Entropia Universe the platform.

Oops, did I say that out loud.

Must have slipped ! :D

I see my last days sitting in the bar of Twin, trying to get that damned bartender to finally sell me a drink, but this time I wont get the drink becasue doesn't know how...it will be because I'm dead broke. .

Lol. I think the only way the bartenders will ever"get their shipment" would be if the Riders of the Apocalypse dropped it off themselves :p The day EU gets beer is the day somebody finds an UL Amp 999. The Amp999 is so amp'd, it explodes near Calypso's core and all of Calypso is ripped apart by a massive earthquake. On the brightside, the user of the Amp gets a 50 ped global :laugh:

Atleast there will always be CND...wait...with no storage planetside...no ships...limited economy, and no noobs to throw PEDs at and caress uber's insecurities, what will become of CND and CP society? Total Chaos, but atleast the bartenders got their shipments! :drink::loco::laugh::beerchug::hammer:

Welcome to VU X.xx.ooOOoooOo!
Entropia Universe has been upgraded. It now requires the following readily available technology:
(some godawful expensive thing or other which nobody can afford to buy)
Thank you for your participation in Entropia Universe.

And those of us who do not shell out for whatever brave new technology is required to play the New EU, will receive the tt value of their equipment after not playing for x amount of time.

well.. my prediction is that game collapses when the price of sweat reaches zero.. which is inevitable :) i think we have 2-3 more years left tho

sweat price drops too much we will get a tt price for sweat, example: 3 ped=1 k at tt

i don't think ma will shut down on it's own, problems would appear with competitors. till now all possible competitors have sucked. when one that doesn't sucks appears then the player base will get dilluted. the people who invested will remain but low to midle players might considere leaving

ps: ignore my rambling, i'm tired and angry because i was in the middle of a sea of mobs shooting my gun and getting decent loot for the first time in days(probably why server failed)

Back