What frustrates you today in Entropia Universe?

Status
1. Too many misses with weapon when using at max rate, i.e. when using the "queue" option. My theory is that your code to prevent weapons being fired too fast due to "hacking" is too tight, and that, combined with lag, causes misses. I miss far less when I fire slower. This is extremely frustrating. It also means I spend peds slower... Whatever the cause is, please fix it so weapons can be used as advertised without unfair ped loss.

This item is busy and cannot be accessed
:rolleyes:

3. When I switch from fap to weapon "too quickly" I get the reload of the fap with no heal and of course no attack by the weapon.

:mad:

5. 50% tt returns from significantly sized hunting runs is far too "dynamic" (note this is not the same as just saying "loot sucks").

Here comes mine, in no apperant order...

1. No search in auction and no sort option in auction by eg Name/BO/SB ect.

2. Adjustment to skillgain for mentors and an over all change in mentor system.

3. The annoying zoom u get from looting certain mobs and item busy messages.

4.Too small friends list, seperate FL for soc, clients ect.

5. Alternetive to sweating as a way to make ped, but spend time. or othe free activites that doesnt give u ped but are fun to do eg Fishing, playing golf ect.

6. Open up the rest of amethera, i need to feel i still have places to explore and TPs to find.

7. Hadesheim.

8. The Egg

9. Equip armor with one click

10. Autoclicker for crafting/extracting big claims when mining (the 1.3k lyst hof was not fun to extract).

11. Event system need updates

12. What everyone else have said before and after this post.

Last edited:
- Map Functionality - LA name list, ability to mark personal map

- In-game Tools - Calculator, Web-browser, Maket watch away from auction...(maybe to place order you need to be at an auction)

- search in auction

- filter in auction to alter how the list are displayed...(time, alphabetize, price, markup)

- portable ammo-convertor + portable repair

- pigeon system (offline message) but filtered... God forbid you log on to a mailbox of gold-farming spammers

- Friends chat (like soc) but instant for friends w/ the boxes

- online status (working, social, busy, afk)

- Town event system (not expensive)

- Teammate finder (need a buddy to hunt/mine/sweat with similar equipment? signup w/ Teammate finder)

- Zones / non-zones [noob zone]-target mob, no kill stealing, under L20 no entry. (maybe Newbie Island)
[pvp zones]-free-for-all + level restricted area (examples)

● 1: Chat- & messagesystem
(I want to see: Hotkey for every channel, able to to drag every channel
to a new window, offline messages, able to chat with several players
similar to a Teamchat but created by invitations from Friendslist)

● 2: Friendslist
(Too small, and it had been nice if societymembers were seperated to
a friendslist of it own, not effecting "normal" friendslist max amount)

● 3: Too expensive
(Even if we do something "wrong", we shouldn't be punished as hard as we
are today. That "wrong" might be very fun for many... ;))

● 4: PvP
(Need more alternatives, like for example areas without radar)

● 5: Map
(Better zoom, able to set waypoints and our own p.o.i.)

Guess I have a LOT more related to the above, and also other stuff, but
I'll wait with that until after CE2 has come, because threads like this will
be around even after CE2 has come? ;)

A lot of bugs and lagg have been solved the last year so that's a good thing. If you asked the same question last year the lists would be way longer.

But very good initiative to ask players. :yay:

Here's my shortlist.

-(right)Clicking in an active window like inventory of storage whith Tags of other player behind it; the options of the tags behind the active window respond instead of the focused window.
Example: I'm in a hunting team so on the right hand side of my screen I have a list with all the names of my teammembers.
I open my inventory, it apprears in front of the team names. When I right click on an item in my inventory I get the menu of right clicking on the players tag instead of the menu of right clicking of the item I wanted. Then I first have to move my inventory window before I do the action I want.
So when a window is on top, respons of action should come from that window and not from stuff behind that window.

-Event system of LA's need improvement. Where is the logic of paying MA 100ped if I (or someone else) want to organise an event?
If the even fee go the LA owner, they can do much more sponsering and more fun events would be organised. Organizing events is just to difficult to break-even due to that fee.
(No fee woudn't be good either, this way a hunter could block the LA just for himself for hours)
So give the fee of events to the LA owner.

-Event prices:
Give the possibility when creating an event to put in prices fro 2nd and third place as well.

-Skill modification due adding scopes and lasers on weapons. Why is it so secret whet that actually skill modification mean?
When you amp a weapon thats clear: You do more damage and you see it in the stats.
When you add lasers and scope on a weapon you get for example 40% skill modification. Why is this such a secret we cannot even know how to interpred this?
Same for SIB on weapons, you get "bonus" skills, what does this exactly mean, you get more, 1% more,.. 20% more,... only certain skills more,...
So use to keep it a secret, it can be only motivating IMO.

-Mindforce :yay: So little usefull things to with MindForce for the moment, so much potetial to add fun stuff there. PPL would spend more ME = more demand on the market = higher sweat prices = more new players staying and eventually depositing.

-More different use for several looted items; for example atrox bones are looting a lot, so much more than the other parts you need to create an Atrox DNA. Give more items multiple purpose: for example in BluePrints.

-AI of mobs, as been said; there is a lot of room for improvement there. Mobs attacking in groups when you shoot one, would be cool.

-Mobs having "defence" some mobs more vulnerable to electric, or to burn,... This would add a diversity of people skiling more types of weapons instad of only one type. = more demand on the market for different kind of weapons.

-Storage on CND/CP

-Flight system between CND , waiting for 2 hours on CND for a pilot if you want to go back to Calypso for a team hunt with your soc. or for an event is really frustrating. :mad:

-Taming, you can have mobs running with you when hunting and mining to help carry your stuff from inventory when to heavy.

-More "goals" like in beacon missions. For example on CP there is now a dome entrance, at the back of teh dome there is a not used door with turret.
Remove that turret, and make that door accesable to another dome behind it with thougher mobs, after that another dome with even thougher mobs,... And when dead you'll have to fight your way through all over again.
That would be fun IMO and would aquire more team work and more team spirit. :wtg: And people to get more powerfull or use better gear to fight their way through the domes, everyone want to reach the last thoughest dome someday... :laugh:

-Biodomes: As long as I play they there, but doing nothing.

-Earn more money from advertising instead of the players; I guess a lot of crafters would happy to craft some Nike blueprints, IKEA furniture, Rolex watches,... :laugh:

Reactions: Ozi
1 . Skillsystem. I want my skills to mean more than just the ability to use a high-end finder that dont bring me much high-end minerals .

2. Dephtsystem in mining . Lets go beyond 1000m limit or atleast make it logic and not like now that 5-6 finders all can hit max-depth claims.

3. The possibilites to create sooooo much cool stuff in EU that never seems to get to see daylight . Instead its bankbuilding, videocontests, badly run events and so on. Use your powers to create other things than new guns and armors. Create stuff that can impress people in EU and make the economy boom ! I bet you get ALOT of suggestions in this area ;)

4. How on earth is it possibe for Atrox young to spawn 3-4 uberloots every week, month after month ??? Overhaul in how loots etc is distributed.

5. Exciting events for all !!!!! And miners dont want armors in price. We want stuff that is thought through and special for us !

Best regards

Strakkan

* Need much bigger Friends List.

* Need to have alliances(like in top 50 list this society is friendly towards this society) and have an extra chat where alliances can chat(like society chat)

* Coloring system is way way too difficult! I want an beautiful colorful EU ;)

* Mail system: So that you can turn Private Messages off while your busy(hunting or whatever) and an automatic message is sent to the person that PMs you that you are busy. And also a message(mail) can be left for a person when they are offline or busy.

*Dome 5 on CP (all aurli hunter, chasers, majestics & queens, kreltin alpha-stalker)

:)

*a use for pets

* a pet VU

* A PET VU!!!

*use for pets

*and a fruit farm for myself ;) ( or bigger frindslist !)

Last edited:
In no particular order:

• Missed shots not known if it was due to lag/technical issues (Can fix by showing a message "Shot missed" in the damage chat function)
  • Need to remove armor before removing plates, horrible for UL armor decay
  • Takes forever to get flights - Add automation to hangars.
  • I have RSI so some automated features would be nice: "Craft All" and also "Click to autofire your weapon at its already preset reload interval" Holding down the fire button would also work just fine in this case.
  • Type in coordinates when teleporting (Now whether you hit them or not is obviously still skill based) :)

Thank you for being proactive in trying to eliminate the frustration of us Calypsians.

* "This item is busy and cannot be accessed" is a big one. I understand if whatever item you have equipped is recharging, but if it's charged, there should be no reason I can't access the next item I want

* The default third person camera angle. Can you re-adjust this? There should be no reason that, in the DEFAULT angle, I am unable to see the horizon. I know I can move it around manually, but seriously, why can you not see the horizon in the default angle?

Those are my biggest gripes for now. Might add more later...

I'd list my major frustrations but most have been listed, and if any are missing, well you'll be busy implementing all the good ones already mentioned, so I'll just be lazy and say:

All of the above ^ :)

ps. "loot sucks" :p

- Chat doesn't focus properly on pm windows when you do something else and click on them again.

- Amathera map needs another zoom level and maps need more functionality in general such as displaying land area messages/dna settings.

- The constant warning my amp will need replacing soon when mining after drilling a claim, especially when it has like 60 uses left on it.

- Missed shots when you're shooting a mob right in front of you.

- Lack of claim markers on radar.

What frustrates me in Entropia Universe is:
- Very Low return of entertainment compared to Money put in to Entropia Universe.

(Again compared to money invested in other games or even free games around)

Long story short -- THIS.

And make skills actually DO something for us besides simply enabling us to bleed peds faster.

And oh yeh........whatever CCP Games is doing -- take notes. THEY are doing it RIGHT.

Last edited:
even more ideas...

- ALLOW ITEMS TO BE LOOTED IF YOU ARE IN A TEAM BY YOURSELF. It's very easy to be team hunting, have your friends log off that were on your team, and forget to disband the team even though the warning comes up. It's also very easy to be hunting something big, like an eomon, and your friends loose connection causing your team to only have one party now... which is very annoying... You are stuck with either disbanding the team and not being able to loot, or killing the mob and not being able to loot since you are alone in the team.
- markup alert indicator on trade window if markup value on either party's window is over 10% different from the other party's window.
- mailbox system that delivers chats to avatars that are offline when they come online later.
- mailbox system that will allow people to do person to person trades when both parties are not online at the same time. This would take some thought since shopkeepers in apartments currently play this role. Don't want to mess up the shopkeeper industry that already exists... mail system could cost as much in fees as auction fees x 5 or something so that it can be used, but auction will be cheaper to use, and shops will stay the cheapest to use.
- shopkeeper directory that shows what estate every shopkeeper in game is sitting on. As usual, those shopkeeper owners that only want certain people coming to estates can set estate to private and add guests. This will increase the amount of foot traffic to rarely visited shops hopefully.
- online auction bidding system similar to entropiabay that would not require a full install of the Entropia Universe to allow for your avatar to bid on something. This will let those that might have 40 hour a week jobs, real world school, etc. bid on items in game when they don't always have access to computers with full installs of EU on them... it will also allow certain real world popluations that are disabled, retired, taking vacations, etc. to not have an unfair advantage in bidding wars on auctions.
- remove the transport fee from auction. It's an annoyance that just causes the economy to slow down since it's causing those on cnd/cp to not bid on items or put items up for auction while up there. The removal of this fee will become very important later on when new planets open up too if they have auction rooms.
- add a theater somewhere so that live performances can be done.
- lower Participant Content costs.
- change PC display so that movies longer than 30 seconds may be uploaded. It would be very neat for full length movies to be able to be uploaded without a massive cost since there could be up and coming movie directors that might want to put their indie films in EU. Animation people might be able to create their own cartoon shows in game via this system, etc. Similarly, maybe New Oxford could use a theater once this is done so that movies could be viewed in the theater. This would be simiilar to the art gallery show that is currently going on, but would expand to videos... All those videos sent in to the contest earlier this year would have been able to be shown there... then maybe you could have utilized voting booth so people can vote on the movie they like... you could also integrate voting in to future art contests, etc.
- create a real quest system and use npcs to make that happen... integrate new npc citizen type characters in to the world that were used in previous story lines... use the story line name on them instead of just generic "citizen" name.
- create a contract system that can be used to get crafters/traders, etc. in to long term deals with one another.. set prices at a set price, etc. A factory worker npc could be used to set this up or something... make it so that either party can terminate the agreement at any time, but as long as agreement is not terminated, each party has to uphold his/her end of the deal. It'd be something more solid than the verbal agreements used nowadays... for example, maybe trader sells certain items to crafter at tt prices if trader agrees to sell certain items back to trader at a set price all the time regardless of what the market value is doing on either party's stuff... if they don't agree, one party or the other terminates the contract and both parties get their items returned to their inventory, etc. The factory worker npc would work sort of like bank teller npc, but just for smaller term deals, not loans. Bank system could theoritically be altered to become this npc... so banks could do more like real world banks and use investor's money to loan money out, build savings to other parties, etc... not just be a pawn shop.
- make the equus (horsey) tamable and ridable.
- make the hayuu (flying thingy) tamable and ridable
- put more creatures in the water than rippersnapers.
- create a scuba gear type of armor/uniform that can be used to breathe underwater. Make it so that avatars need this in order to survive over x amount of minutes in water... make some items lootable under water if you have on scuba gear equipment.
- create ships and a whole water trading route between the continents.... allow us to voyage in to the sea.. where there be pirates (which might have maps lootable on them that lead us to something similar to beacin missions at sea), new islands that have not been discovered yet, sea monsters, and other fun things to explore.... canoes would need to be available too if you implement the scuba idea above so that we have ways to move between ships at sea...
- create a middle earth type of thing that connects the two continents via tunnels that were created by argonauts, etc.
- bring those vehicles in PA to life, and let us drive around on them... make the military branch actually go on missions, etc.
- give us real space travel...
- give us real space battles... pilots and people sitting in turrets in ships will actually have responsibilities to defend their ship, etc. Make crash landings on new, unexplored planets and astroids a possibility
- sell off the stips of land in Amethera that currently are not inhabited. I know you want to save it for future Landgrab events, but lets see more of the land utilized here and now instead of some distant point in the future.
- create new LAs between the borders of current LAs and sell those off on auction too... There's a nice "safe" border around most LAs where mobs don't typically populate. This is nice for n00bs to get around, but it might be nicer if it was sold off as a cheap LA for folks that can't afford the LAs that exist already, a sort of mini-Land Area

One nice loot after 3 years and 15k € would be astoinishing...

other stuff i would like:
-) bug of my shop display area @ CND #21 be solved
-) missing less than 4/10 shots with a MAXED out weapon.
-) showing claim markers on radar
-) filter & search in auction, put in order function
-) spectate list in auction (that you don't need to make a bid to have it in it)
-) make renting without collaterals possible with item (maybe deed) functions
-) mindforce imrovements as promised once...
-) amplifiers for everything as pormised once...
-) pet improvements as promised once...
-) event system improvements as promised once...
-) Friendlist enlargement
-) Set up to x customized channels in chat
-) setting online status
-) balconies become part of the estate that items can't be picked up by unauthorized from it, maybe make wintergardens out of them...
-) scroll-zoom-function on map instead of three zoom levels
-) option to display alternative landarea-names (given by owner) on map, or at least numbers
-) storage container on crystal palace and club neverdie (that are not connected with calypso storage, just for up at the relative locations)
-) Loot distribution working for everyone and not just the lucky 0,5% gettin their ass of ped...
-) during fpc events damage possibilities on public buildings / spaceships / whatever, so not just stupid massive spawns...
-) vehicles !!!!!
-) new advertising options (maybe possibility to purchase / rent signs on locations like port atlantis, twin peaks etc.)
-) newcomer improvements (other activities than depositing / sweating)
-) mentor system improvements as promised once...

-) many many more, just the most important things if i haven't forgot anything now...

Because market is essential in every activity, I would suggest:

1. Market fees proportional to TT in place of 0.50PED. (we have alot of goods in little quantities we wont never use, these goods would be nice to be sold in auction too). Because little economy makes alot of gameplay :)

2. Give us the option to cancel/restart a subast if it has been ended when EU was off (I cry when seeing items sold to an occasional bidder, far from his real price because nobody was there for bid when going to end).

3. Separated markets. i.e. put an auction for be seen at twin peaks: 0.05Peds, for be seen in all eudoria 0.25peds and for be seen everywhere 0.50peds.

And:

3. Invent the celularphones for have a larger friend list, also a GPS for give us the option to know where they are :p

4. Make mobs a bit different because not all cats are brown :)

5. ¿Why fruits instaspawn? They must grow in the ground as natural.

6. What about a botany profession? Just like hunting with the decay of the tools etc. but with a PED incomming more stable than hunting, mining, or crafting.

7. Vehícles!! for work as taxist or just go fast everywhere you go :)

I know some of my ideas doesn't make profit in the short term to MA but in the long term, players like me wont feel frustrated after a bad mining run or anything else because we can recuperate by doing more things than sweating.

Thanks for this post :)

- Busy items
- Lack of variety in mobs, for example, armored mobs that resist some damage typed forcing people to use different types of weapons (I know most people will hate this idea).

- lack of auction features, searching, proxy bidding.
- no crafting autoqueue
- extremely few uses for mindforce
- No IGNORE function for chat spammers
- lack of mission type events, more than just beacons, why not raid the thorifoid temple once a day for a treasure box, or even team events involving cooperative pve or pvp.

1. inability to ignore in public chat. i have in mind those wannabe resellers - "BYING MOLSIK FOAL BESST PRICS!!!1!1! @ TP!!1!" who spam local channel.

2. lack of privacy controls like "show team invitations only from socmates/ppl on FL". those scam attempts are annoying.

3. "close to reaching minimum condition" messages are pretty uninformative. maybe these lines could contain, e.g., "93 uses left"?

4. to know when ppl on your FL were last online, you have to ask socmates or common friends... if people are friends indeed, should this info be secret?

5. havoc in my storage :) maybe a sortable list view would help?

edit: and above all other things, EU getting disconnected after alt+tab.

Last edited:
Will people PLEASE not turn this into a loot sucks thread. Explicity asked by marco not to be and ruins the reading for others. Poeple like kimmi and others already have not understood (or cannot read) what this thread is for

Keep it constructive please

Rgds

Ace

Frankly, what I got from Marco's remark about not mentioning the suckiness of loot is that after the CryChange, the cost to play in an entertaining & engaging way will be just as bad (if not worse - we all know it's been going downhill since day one) as it is now.

So..... people....is the A/C is cold enough? Should the electric windows go up & down faster? -- just don't pay any attention to the fact that the engine is laying in pieces all over the driveway....

Am I offbase here? :scratch2: Seriously.

nice topic :)

1/ auto-stackable items when transfer from the inventory to the storage. You don't know how it's annoying to do it clean, when you come back from a minning run, with a lot of differents ores/enmatt

2/ SIB items should give skills everytimes we use it, when the learning period is not over. I click -> I get a skill. Actually, there is no skilling differences with a learning period "Yes" or "Not anymore"

3/ Add a kind of auto-clic

Some ideas was already said by previous Entropians, but I'll repeat, because that's the thing that are the most important to me. I'll also post everything that's important to me, not only 5 ideas. If it's too much, just truncate the list - it's sorted by the importance.

The things that annoys me today are, as following:
  • The decay on wearing clothes and armors. That sux, there are a lot better ways of getting the money of us, and that way is simply annoying >.>…
  • Current lag handling system (ie. random avatar movements). And hidden chats are still being downloaded, along with Globals and HoFs.
  • Unneeded item grid/size in inventory, with all of it's bugs.
  • No way to communicate avatar without seeing him/her or being in the same soc.
  • Too low capability in friend list, no option to add groups and annoying handling of added avatar names (always adding with full name with option to rename it later).
  • No proper ignore option.
  • No possibility to see your current HP and exact skill/profession values.
  • PED Card is a normal item, not interface part.
  • There is no value of single item in stack showed anywhere.
  • Truncated PED Card, Trade Terminal etc. values.
  • No possibility to rebind "H"-key function (help), no way of using keys as modifiers (mostly both CTRLs, SHIFTs and ALTs) as modifiers and no way to modify the default SPACE, TAB and ESC-key behaviours.
And of course all the current bugs in interface, just like the wrong priority of inventory over dragged HP bars.

If any further explanation is needed, just leave me a message and I'll respond with the explanation and a possible solution.

The economy needs more depth from the bottom up. The current systems are a good start but there needs to be more production and useful materials to be circulated through the economy. Expand on current systems or create new ones for earning money from means of production activities.

For a stronger, stabler economy we need to have both subjects of labour (natural resources and raw materials) and instruments of labour (tools, factories, infrastructure, etc.) that can be combined in many possible ways. Players need to be able to have some real earning potentials to work their ways up through the system instead of just deposit - decay - deposit - repeat.

Systems such as 1 time use buffers and consumables that would have high demand would support such a system but they should be created in a way that need a mutli-step, mutli-avatar process instead of how currently most interactions involve single avatar-avatar processes.

- "This item not currently available" message--seems like displaying this message increases the time it takes to equip an item
- No keystroke to close the loot window
  • When pressing the manufactor button you have to wait the proccessing bar for doing any other action (eg talk, open another GUI).
- One Hitbox - no value in aiming properly - I prefer a slightly more realistic hunting experience.
* lagg (that kind many Telia users have) causing extra misses and more decay... Move to another country bec of this is not an option ;)
* Fix;
If you fast switch between fap/pistol and vice versa while clicking a mob you often reload and lose ammo - not sure whether you also lose decay on fap - without shooting/healing.
  • No sort/search for auction/No in-game shop listings
  • Having to remove UL amps/plates from L items to repair them
Remove empty drilling time from excavators
Some of the things I find annoying, frustrating, which waste time, require excess effort to organise and maintain, or simply aren't possible and would be rather useful:

* Land area entry/exit message annoucements. An icon (which glows or is lit) signalling if someone is or is not in a taxed area would function better, with the ability to click it for full details.
* No easy way to share location information when in a team.
Perhaps putting the coordinates of the person in/under their health bar would help.
* Mobs getting in the way of healing even if you are right up against the other person.
* Not able to make the background for chat fully opaque, so in some locations it is hard to read any of it.
* Not knowing if a long sequence of misses is due to server lag, sync issues, or skill checks failing.
* No ability to temporarily lend items securely to someone else, even for no fee, yet still retail formal ownership of them.
- Deathifier

I want to second all the above. The biggest annoyances are the ones that (A) are inexcusable in a game five+ years out of beta and (B) reflect poor customer care in situations where real money is involved

The big ones for (A) are:
UI window focus and text editing issues and Uncontrollable zoom issues
The open-100-windows bug, "Do you want to leave team" bug, i'm-a-spaz-accidentally-running-into-a-herd-of-mobs bug, "wow, i globalled--not" zoom bug, mangled-my-pm-message-because-i-went-back-and-edited-it bug, etc

For (B) it's:
Lag/packet loss/defective netcode issues
Like: the yellow messages and ridiculously high miss rate whenever Telia has a bad day; also the kind that make operating some UL laser carbines e.g. an imk2, very erratic and unsynchronized--like operating a rusty BB gun. If you have any further questions, feel free to read the many bug reports sent to support about this issue. It's understood that MA has no control over the local network conditions that might affect a player; what is a problem is when the design of the software allows for losses due to the network issues (shooting blanks, fapping blanks, only getting 1/2 the nominal rate-of-fire with a weapon, missing every other shot if i try to shoot at full speed, etc.)

Beyond these basic bugs, my number one annoyance is that the hit box doesn't reflect the "physical" mob, so that it can actually be a disadvantage to try to aim manually.

The TP and TP chip interface is fiddly.
TP maps should be bigger.
TP chips should either allow coordinate input (and/or a clickable "team marker" on the map that the team leader can set) or require some user skill (no map involved, just face the way you want to go and start charging, then click to jump when sufficiently charged.)

Bonus idea
Not really an annoyance, but i think game play would be greatly enhanced if the mob AI was improved (no i mean really improved) to give mob species different personalities. Berycleds could have a pack hunting behavior, armax could form protective circles with the weakest members in the middle (or stampede...), drones could form ranks and fire in unison, etc. It's kinda silly to be able to sit in a pack of mobs and kill them one by one while the rest just go about their business. This would make some mobs much more challenging and make team hunting more important.

Last edited:
I agree with almost everything above, but here is my top 5 annoying things.

- Space flight. Needs bugs fixed and new functionality. Like automated ticket system, and storage ability. Skills added for pilots.

- Shops. Need a global directory, and lower rent.

- Crafting. Needs a real overhaul. Including a way to skill without flooding the market with unwanted/uneeded items. A fun minigame instead of repetetive clicking. More fun gameplay per used PED, Now crafting is over in minutes while spending materials that have taken hunters/miners hours, days or even weeks to gather. Globals and HoF needs a boost, now a crafter only get items with no or very low markup (gems, residue) and never any chance at all to loot a legendary item (why no MOD FAP in crafting?). Items and loots that benefit crafters is needed, now a crafter need no gear at all.

- Event system. Needs new features to be able to host non-hunting events. Could be trivia contests, fashion shows etc.

- The uninteresting world. Calypso is HUGE.. but it is almost empty. And you can't interact with anything. Add more stuff.. which have unique features.
Add NPCs and items that award skills the first time you interact with them.

I have many other things on the list too though..
Offline messages, unused cities and houses, too much PED tied up in items and clothes, market manipulators in auction using several avatars, no way to follow the storyline in game (EF is a must), new tool types (like a laptop/blueberry), simpler and cheaper skill trading and removal of apartment rent.

Wow Marco, who hacked your account and made this thread? This... this just shouldn't be happening! :laugh:

*cracks knuckles* alrightie then, let's get down to business:

(in no particular order of preference)

• "Item is currently busy" message. If we have to get that message, HAVE THE MOBS GET IT TOO. SOO tired of being at CP and having that message while being mobbed by 5+ aurlis/krelts, and ending up dying from 1-5 dmg repetitive hits (also insulting! lol)
  • When mobs with large hit boxes are falling/dead, and we go to loot them, the hitbox expands/moves over our camera - gives us the false hope that we just got a global/hof. Perhaps have the hit boxes on dead mobs not affect the camera, WITHOUT altering the size of the hit boxes? (don't want a hogglo to end up with a chirpy-sized click box when dead :laugh:)
  • Unlimited armor w/L plates, or L armor w/UL plates... repairing these are a PAIN IN THE ASS, especially with the removal decay (hey, that's a whole ~7 hits I lost protection on!). Oh, and also the same for L weaponry that we use UL amps/lasers/scopes on... would be nice to have a batch function for repairing.
    Addendum to this - Ever want to just dump your entire gun in the terminal, but didn't want to fully repair EVERYTHING? (i.e., lasers, scope) but want the gun/amp to be repaired? Perhaps you could include a tickable box on repairable items that won't allow it to be repaired, even if put into the repair terminal (but wouldn't kick it out, either)
  • PLEASE STOP THE DAMNED L WEAPONS/ARMOR. I mean seriously, I didn't get into this game to subsidize everyone ELSES gameplay by looting L weaponry that is either way the hell too weak for me to use, or *years* beyond my level. My single best moment in EU (years ago...) was going to CND and hunting neconu, on a whim, because I wanted a delta. 3 days later, I looted a delta :D. Now, I have LESS than a snowballs chance in hell of looting an ML35, DOA of any series, ANYTHING of any even moderate value, even if I camp a mob for MONTHS.
    I (and many others that I know) are very very very tired of all of the L armors they are looting (thunderbird, viking f.ex.) because they are worth TT, and have driven the cost of the UL sets WAY down, for no real reason (IMHO, those sets are worth 5k~8k ped).
  • Drop. More. Footguards. I think Lugzan has a thread that he has had open now for... years? about the lack of footguards, and how many people have had to substitute VERY weak armor because they simply don't have the chance/money to buy their very rare footguards (shadow/angel f.ex., another is the salamander footies).
  • Revamp CP. There isn't much need (at the moment) for it to be a twisting two level maze of dead ends and littered rooms. Seriously, a room that has a TP, auctioneer, machines & 4 doors into the domes are all that is needed.
  • If you aren't going to revamp CP, then PLEASE fix the respawn lines. It is so tiring to die in south D3 and end up at D1/D2 zone, or die in east D4 and end up back at auction (extra 30~40 seconds run time... up at CP w/new regen means the mob is almost full hp by the time you get out there = wasted ped = pissed off hunter).
    While you're at it, while I have no suggestion that could fix it, PLEASE FIX THE AI... random assed aggro like a mad pinball machine on steroids. If I walk up to an aurli/kreltin, I expect it to get pissed at ME for stepping on it's toes. Not someone I can't even see on radar... :scratch2:.
  • As said before, auction needs a revamp. Search function, filter, clickable sorting by price/name are good for starters. Personally I wouldn't mind sorting by type w/image of the item at the header for each page (but you guys probably already have something cool in store for that, so I won't bore you with my take on it).
  • Better sorting of personal storage... perhaps with text fields you can input with separator bars? So I could go like
    Crafting Components
    XX XX XX
  • Also you want to make more money? (no one kick me for this idea) WoW lets you purchase additional slots for putting in more bags, which we can do with storage boxes... but why not let us purchase extra storage slots in chunks of 250 item points, and make it a permanent addition? Perhaps up to a maximum of 1k item points?
  • Let us "assemble" armor into sets, so we can one-click put them on, take them off, etc. Sort of like "merge all", but we if we don't have a complete set of one armor, we could drag them onto each other and form a full suit... and then let us one-click take off all the armor plates, and even have THOSE assembled into a single package that we could take on/put off without having to drag each one over... remember, the faster we can repair/rearm, the faster we can get back into the field to spend more ped ;).
  • A U T O C L I C K E R S for miners/crafters. PLEASE for the love of GOD introduce them. And if it's not too much trouble, allow us hunters to fire our guns at their REAL rate of fire... perhaps let us hold down our fire button and keep spraying, instead of TRYING to hit a button 65+ times a minute, and hope that lag doesn't force us to fire it at 45 times a minute?

• ...This part may get me -repped... but stop giving sheer noob avatars insane mega hofs/ATH's. Let skills count towards SOMETHING other than a number total. That guy whose avatar was 3 weeks old, not even lvl 1 crafting profession, getting an OA-101 light ATH... was, pardon my french here, BULLSHIT - especially when you have lvl 50+ crafting professionals who have never even had an UBER hof, let alone an ATH. You need to rethink how you distribute at least the CRAFTING loot, because the ONLY way anyone views it is as a giant slot machine, especially with the complete randomness of the returns.
    P.S. - I liked it better when each mob/item had a MAX value hof you could get... forgot the formula for it, but I don't think removing the max limit from say, an exa, and allowing 9k+ ped hofs from them was the best thing to do. Less people hunting big mobs, more people hunting smaller mobs = less decay for you guys.

That's all I can think of for now, and I've got to get to work now, so hope you guys (both EF readers and Marcos team) find some good pointers in there!

Reactions: Ozi
99% of what I read here I second !

+ In game mail system !!! (if it was not told)

again try and do as CPP, they rulle !

*) More gameplay ie. Expanded event system, Quests, Soc-wars etc.

*) Expand shopping fascilities: Minimize auction - open more shops and booths. More real life items.

*) Torkells Tomb and the caves re-open with TP and Boorum (with or without a wiener)

*) The pvp-Rings are too small. Open a pvp-city area.

*) Moveable (to stay) mining indicator screen

* More detailed map and being able to zoom in more and add markers
* Search button in Auction
* The fapplagg (omg fix it pls)
* Remove drilling from mining, just make resources pop up in lootwindow when you press a claim instead (add the HP gain from those skills elsewhere)

This is going to be one long thread. I will back everyones points.

Most importantly,

Reestablish & Integrate REAL RC-Economy based systems onto the
RC-Accounting platform environment, progressing from the mundane settlement style economy to a more expansive and diverse one to provide the potential of limitless opportunities of an ongoing nature that are affordable by the average day participant.
(no missing the boat in time to come)

Other than that ... The not so rocket science basics ;)

To the FPC/MA Leaders of Calypso:

alienhead.jpg

Many participants have made good suggestions and put a lot of thought-energy into possible solutions, a few I have made towards this:

A. Active participation journey enrichment and reward:

LINK > Activity Achievement Award Points

Making the day to day grind worthwhile and rewarding, motivating people to deposit and participate enhancing the FPC bottomline earnings whilst giving a balanced return to the participant for doing so.

B. Ongoing Golden-Age awarding PAR edition item rewards:

LINK > Ongoing Golden-Age awarding PAR edition item rewards

These PAR edition items - Participant Accomplished Reward
Include a 10% boost to stats/reload times/protection. They are accomplished/earnt rewards providing gratification, satisfaction & awarded economic value (item value) for their contribution of ongoing active participation.

C. Bringing structure/Economic Modeling to planet Calypso:

LINK > Bringing structure/Economic Modeling to planet Calypso

Providing the basis for ongoing economic enrichment within the internal economy of Calypso, limitless opportunities which can be expanded, added to and built upon to extend the scope of the present day Hunt, Mine & Craft (repeat) Settlement round-about style economy to include further reaching economy based systems that can be neatly integrated into present-day core spheres.

And several other posts here upon EF of a lesser nature to enhance this economic enrichment, viability & sustainability.

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
Status
Back