Planet Calypso Miniteasers

Waiting for something McCormick? 8D Like maybe "early August" perhapse? Don't worry, another 5 days and it will be "mid August" ; )

Wistrel

I have a theory...please keep reading, lol....Windows Vista sux. No, thats not my theory, thats becoming an accepted fact. Could it be that MA is trying to push back CE2 until they have the details for Windows 7? Just a thought but, I can imagine a bunch of programmers hearing the news about the release of windows 7 in Jan. and screaming...DAMMMIT!!!! we just figured out how to make it work with Vista and now this? Die Bill Gates!!! :)

I have a theory...please keep reading, lol....Windows Vista sux. No, thats not my theory, thats becoming an accepted fact. Could it be that MA is trying to push back CE2 until they have the details for Windows 7? Just a thought but, I can imagine a bunch of programmers hearing the news about the release of windows 7 in Jan. and screaming...DAMMMIT!!!! we just figured out how to make it work with Vista and now this? Die Bill Gates!!! :)

Eh, Windows 7 went RTM yesterday and has been available for beta since very early this year. They're not waiting for anything. Oh, and Bill Gates has virtually nothing to do with Microsoft anymore.

I like Vista. People who don't like Vista (and state their opinion with poor grammar and punctuation) are crazy. If you aren't completley stupid about what you install on it, it is the same as XP with a better look. So I'm pretty sure game devs won't delay a big-money release to avoid it. Plus, i will still have to be Vista-compatible, many people won't switch over to Windows 7 from Vista for a while.

Off-Topic: What is so bad about Vista? I've had no real problems with it.

I can't see any big problems with Vista. It has better memory handling, looks better etc. They who have problems often have it cause to 3rd part. Bad drivers, old software etc. And Windos 7 will build on Vista, just like XP builds on Windows 2000 and Windows 2000 builds on Windows NT.....

And what I see is that we soon have CE2, probably in a few months.

I like Vista. People who don't like Vista (and state their opinion with poor grammar and punctuation) are crazy. If you aren't completley stupid about what you install on it, it is the same as XP with a better look. So I'm pretty sure game devs won't delay a big-money release to avoid it. Plus, i will still have to be Vista-compatible, many people won't switch over to Windows 7 from Vista for a while.

Off-Topic: What is so bad about Vista? I've had no real problems with it.

In an IT enviroment at a big company administering vista is a big pain in the ass. Such a big pain the entirere 4k shipment of vista mashiens wore cancled and reordered with a OEM version of XP. Vista does not play well on a domain like xp does. Probably one of the biggest problems the IT department has with vista is due to the fact that each IT guy has 2 accounts, A normal account with e-mail that you logon with and a admin account thats used to support users over the network. Company policy forbids that any admin account be allowed to logon localy to any pc in the domain wich is fine for XP as you just hold down shif and sellect run as and then use your admin account details. On vista you can still run as using the same procedure as in XP but vista only allowes you to use your currently loggedon account wich has no rights and to use a computer local admin account wich is unique to your own computer.

Fat-guy-laying-on-beach.jpg

Shops at Cosmo's Brossiere Company.

/\

In an IT enviroment at a big company administering vista is a big pain in the ass. Such a big pain the entirere 4k shipment of vista mashiens wore cancled and reordered with a OEM version of XP. Vista does not play well on a domain like xp does. Probably one of the biggest problems the IT department has with vista is due to the fact that each IT guy has 2 accounts, A normal account with e-mail that you logon with and a admin account thats used to support users over the network. Company policy forbids that any admin account be allowed to logon localy to any pc in the domain wich is fine for XP as you just hold down shif and sellect run as and then use your admin account details. On vista you can still run as using the same procedure as in XP but vista only allowes you to use your currently loggedon account wich has no rights and to use a computer local admin account wich is unique to your own computer.

Okay, I can see that being a problem with Vista for companies using it, though couldn't the company just have reworked the policy :scratch2: In any case, that really doesn't have any effect on when CE2 will arrive, as it will still probably be XP compatible. And I think MS is going to keep Windows 7 fairly backwards compatible. Plus, since EU can be updated whenever (it's dynamic!), they would probably make it compatible very fast if it isn't from the start.

Plus, since EU can be updated whenever (it's dynamic!), they would probably make it compatible very fast if it isn't from the start.

They didn't officially support Vista until 6 months ago...

They didn't officially support Vista until 6 months ago...

That is because it worked anyways, and they were working on other things (hopefully.) It took them a while to find and iron out the few bugs because they were minor bugs. Point is, they aren't going to delay it just for Windows 7.

I been using 7 beta since its release, it runs very nice in deed better than vista, as long as you have 2gb or more ram vista runs nicely, it runs like crap on lwoer spec pc's as it is very resource hungry.

Just installed windows 7 RTM running just as well as the beta edition. I have pre-order windows 7 professional as well. the compatibility mode actually works as well. I have to Set it to vista compatibility for EU to downloads from the server as it errors on a file unless i change it

I use Windows xp since more then 5 years now. It works.

That is because it worked anyways

No it didn't. It worked with compatibility mode--barely.

• Crash to desktop randomly
  • Freeze on exit
  • Freeze on alt-tab
  • Crash on alt-tab
  • Halt the system on exit forcing a hard reboot

Need I mention that this stuff STILL occurs?

No it didn't. It worked with compatibility mode--barely.

• Crash to desktop randomly
  • Freeze on exit
  • Freeze on alt-tab
  • Crash on alt-tab
  • Halt the system on exit forcing a hard reboot

Need I mention that this stuff STILL occurs?

Sorry, but if you your system halts on exiting forcing a hard reboot and no CTRL-ALT-DEL helps on Vista, the problem is one with your system.
No matter what, CTRL-ALT-DEL allways should bring up the screen where you can choose the taskmanager and the process has allways been killable.

Sorry, but if you your system halts on exiting forcing a hard reboot and no CTRL-ALT-DEL helps on Vista, the problem is one with your system.
No matter what, CTRL-ALT-DEL allways should bring up the screen where you can choose the taskmanager and the process has allways been killable.

That is not a flawless failsafe. If the app causes the system to halt, then there isn't much that Vista's software hooks can do about it. Chances is the issue is graphics driver related, but when other DirectX apps have no problems, it narrows it down to poor Direct3D API and the hooks that use them. Thanks tho, if you want my specs, check my sig, you can't tell me it's my issue as other people have the same problems. It's all over the forum and not for this thread. ;)

Interesting that none of those things happen to me, Angel. Sorry if I accidentally turned this into a Vista thread, just gonna leave with my opinion now :D

Interesting that none of those things happen to me, Angel. Sorry if I accidentally turned this into a Vista thread, just gonna leave with my opinion now :D

Ah well... we have to do something to past the time waiting for the next big tease;)

Back