Planet Calypso Miniteasers

i cant stop thinking on the huge disapointment that cry2 wil be.. if this kind of teasers are some sample of it(

Tastes for more :)

Follow these steps to see a longer video....

1. Log into EU
2. Find the DARKEST place in EU, and press forward...
3. There you go... THE END

:rolleyes:

Really fits its description "“quick-n-dirty” very short" and way too dark. -_-

Are those realtime shadows on the trees ?

I re-uploaded it, full light, zoomed in here and there and slowed it down. Result, a 40 second clip, that at least shows a bump mapped ground...also keep an eye to the "tree" to the right (especially at the end)...hmmm.

Teaser1 Right Click & Save As (6 megabyte)

The slowed down version is like 20 times better! :laugh:

Seriously though, I picked out something that hasn't been mentioned yet that's actually quite a big revelation (though should come with CE2 territory...)

Watch as he runs up the terrain. It's not really noticeable until the last step, but the character actually lifts his leg up higher to make it up the steeper incline. This would indicate that the motions of the characters are actually dependent on the terrain. Walking up and down hills should actually look like walking up and down hills.

Good job for getting it implemented! Now just give us a better demonstration :)

..... ok what did i saw ? :scratch2:

please some CE2 teasers ....

Dear marco,

when u receive Friends for Diner, do u give them a Peanut and "i-have-nothing-else-to-show" ?

The slowed down version is like 20 times better! :laugh:

Seriously though, I picked out something that hasn't been mentioned yet that's actually quite a big revelation (though should come with CE2 territory...)

Watch as he runs up the terrain. It's not really noticeable until the last step, but the character actually lifts his leg up higher to make it up the steeper incline. This would indicate that the motions of the characters are actually dependent on the terrain. Walking up and down hills should actually look like walking up and down hills.

Good job for getting it implemented! Now just give us a better demonstration :)

Thats an integrated part of the engine they bought :)

It looked cool, and since now camouflage will be a new adition, maybe you could switch the radars to montion radars? :D

I think the avatar tried to jump. And failed. As our avatars do today. :p

Where are the "photorealistic" faces ?
Ithaca with snow ? High resolution screenshots I mean.
The "realistic" avatar movements ? Fight in prone position ?

I mean, the guy in the mining trailer was already using "new" animations and this video just had bump mapping enabled and it looked like a VU 9 avatar is running around. Man, maybe I expect too much from the final test stage... :(

No offense, but that video sucks big time.
Look what other people and try to do similar.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LMtsVREeVQ[/YOUTUBE]

Comparing And this one I found it just looking at the next one on youtube after looking at what you showed us. If you can't make it look like that, why make it at all? You are supposed to be professionals. I don't want to see work in progress. I want to see something I can show to my friends so they want to play. Would you play if you see that and you have no clue what EU is?

7 second long only..... you must have tons of bugs for sure if u don t wanna show us more.

:(

If I were a more mature person, the phrase "That's what she said" wouldn't have been going through my head as I read most of these comments.
But I'm not - so it totally was.

LOL I was so glad to read this because the exact same "that's what she said" comments were running through my head as I read the thread. :laugh:

Looks great :yay::yay::yay:

Cant wait to see some Mind force and pet taming in action:D

Yes, my 1st "lighten up" was done minutes before leaving for work.
Enjoy this one :p

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Final Result here : (3 megabyte wmv video)

Teaser 2 Right Click & Save As

*Link fixed*

hopefully it looks as good as crysis or what blue mars looks like it's going to be

you cant see much from these short vids ... :/

Well... 6 steps of somebody with an armor on that nobody can afford, running near Argus, is a bit more than nothing. Just a bit more than nothing.

The cynic in me wonders if all this isn’t some sort of “lowering expectations” exercise.

P.S. from what I see, that seems to be a good place to mine for iron...

Like I typed on Entropia Gateway, these are glimpses from Calypso. We aim to release one miniteaser every day up to the 18th of June. Bigger teasers/trailers is also in the pipeline. If you expect these glimpses to be multi-million dollar productions then you will be sorely disappointed.

My idea was to give some peeks behind the scenes, to show something of what we are seeing ourselves at this moment in time.

I really don't see the point of whining about the duration or quality of the clips. Surely something is better than nothing?

Reactions: Luu
I really don't see the point of whining about the duration or quality of the clips. Surely something is better than nothing?

I agree with that.

To be honest, whatever I see, I would not be happy. I want to see VU 10. Anything else I see is another message that is not now. It will be later. It may be delayed. Me and my negative attitude. Sorry.

The thing is that I expect a lot from VU 10. It was advertised as a huge change, and I want that change. Screen shots, videos or anything else won't do it anymore. If they put in a screen or a video it has to be spectacular or not to be at all. That is for me. But to make another thing clear is... I don't care how it looks. It can look like a cartoon for all I care. I want it to move and not have bugs and have game options. And I want readable interface. Give those, and you can have colored boxes instead of people and mobs for all I care.

A screen with how auction will look, how chat interface will look, how storage will look would make me a lot happier.

How it will look the system that prevents accidental TT-ing or accidental auction selling. Those are things I would love to see.

Can hardly see anything in the miniteaser.
Maybe crank up the resolution up a bit more so we can see the details a bit better?

If you see it in high definition and full screen, you get to see it. the image is great. it looks spectacular. It does not need to be any brighter. what needs to be dark, is dark, and what needs to be lighter, is light. In the processed video, all shadow detail is dead and all highlight detail is lost. Original movie as it is, but made to last 20 sec per scene at least would be great. You don't have time to focus on the image so fast to see what happens.

Rofl, but nice indeed

I don't care how it looks. It can look like a cartoon for all I care. I want it to move and not have bugs and have game options. And I want readable interface. Give those, and you can have colored boxes instead of people and mobs for all I care.

maziacs_.jpg

You sure about that? ;)

... We aim to release one miniteaser every day up to the 18th of June.

:wtg:

Drum roll Ladies and Gentleman of Entropia! ... the above statement :lolup: means that teasers are only useful up to that date....

This- may be the first indication (inadvertent release) of what they want to do.

Green

Well, that wans't long, that is sure. But it looks nice!
Thanks for posting it.

Like I typed on Entropia Gateway, these are glimpses from Calypso. We aim to release one miniteaser every day up to the 18th of June.

Last I heard you said you are going to introduce CE2 in May. We didn't ask which year though ;)
Does that mean that 18th June is going to be THE day?

C'mon and give us some date... at least more or less...

My idea was to give some peeks behind the scenes, to show something of what we are seeing ourselves at this moment in time.

Bring us a video of the testing/creating team hard at work :yay:
I want to see a big room full of nerds sweating over their keyboards :D

Lets all say how great it was then, the darkness added intrigue, suspence... the short length of the movie left us wanting more.

No one gets anywhere if all they ever get are pat's on the back when they are not deserved, don't call peoples opinions whining when atleast they gave them.

I am sure the people at FPC are interested to know what we want and dont want to see.

Last edited:
Back