Beware while depositing

Petley

Old Alpha
Society
cK Coat Killers
James James Petley
Well this is the support case i just sent into support which hopefully should explain. I was a little heated and still am.

"Again for the third time this week i am making a support case. I just made a deposit of $40 and it did not go through. So now i have no money on my PED card and i am $40 short from my bank account. I just happen to look this time. I am very very very upset. Right now i have approx 100$ sitting in limbo, I know approx 60$ in in the process of getting returned to me but this happening again in just crazy. i now i have to wait now 2 days for the 7 digit # to appear so i can give it to you so you can take 14 days to work on the refund. I will post this on the Entropia Forum to warn people not to deposit or at least watch their deposits if they get errors ingame. If i did not look I would not have known as you did not bring this to my attention last time. Thank you for giving me another reason why i should not spend money with MindArk."

I was very heated i know. Besides these deposits I have made others in between and they have gone through no problem. JUST PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS A INGAME DEPOSIT FAIL AND ASK YOU TO TRY AGAIN LATER TRIPLE CHECK BECAUSE THEY DID GO THROUGH , YOU JUST DID NOT GET THE PED.

I think three times in a week is completely uncalled for and that is the only ones i happen to catch because instead of big deposits i do alot of 20, 40 , 60 ect.

Just everyone be careful. I love this game and this is making me want quit. Who likes having 100$ taken out of you checking account and just not being able to touch for 2 weeks. PLUS besides that i get F**Ked on the international fee which they do not return. I will have to say MindArk is in the process or reversing the funds from the first two and they will not just add the peds to my card to save my internation fees. So you get F**ked twice.

i've had a few fails over time but i've never checked them. Maybe its a good idea that i go back and compare my statements and my deposit history. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I agree that we get screwed on fees too as the "code" that MA apparently uses, apparently shows up as a cash advance on credit cards, so not only do we get chraged 3.5% by MA for depositing, but also a cash fee AND a foreign transaction fee as well from our credit card providers...so much for it being a 10:1 ratio...at the very least it is 9.65:1 and then you need to factor in the other fees ON TOP of whatever the current exchange rate is between the USD and whatever currency you use.

Wonder if this will change with MindBank coming online?

I was in a similar situation to you Petley but my experience with MA was so different. Once the recognised the error, refund was put back on my credit card within 48 hours. Actually I made a few bucks with the refund due to the exchange rates! :)

Hope things get sorted for you sooner rather than later mate :beerchug:

Interesting...
What did you guys use to deposit? Credit cards or some other way?
Each time I've deposited I did get my PED and I am more than sure the money was gone from my rl account. Each time with a credit card.
Sorry to hear about your problems though. I hope MA will explain and fix the problems soon.

I've had it happen a few times to me but ONLY if I've used the in game system. I've had errors on the web site but never ever have been charged without getting ped on the site. Only when using the ingame system. Has anyone had this happen using the web site??

That said, I agree with Grrr (waves to soc mate). I've ALWAYS had a quick reply and my money put back onto my card within 24-48 hours, usually within the first business day in Sweden. MA has always been great about this for me. I don't understand the 14 day thing at all and am a bit confused by you saying that I guess. I don't know and won't ask specifics from someone else but I use a credit / debit card and the refund is always there very very fast.

I've never been asked for a 7 digit number or anything else other than writing a support case, they look into it as they can see an error happened and they put the money back on my credit card. Of course my card has been approved and maybe this is something that you're also waiting for?

GL as they've always been very fast with me! :)
Tip - don't use the ingame system but use the web site. Also - since you posted in here that you've made deposits you better make sure to purchase a gold card. Don't reply whether you have or haven't.!! :wise:

I had a similar problem where I made a deposit ingame and received 1 deposit confirmation in my email. But when i checked my next statement i saw that i had been charged 3 times. 3 times the transaction fee too :(

Fortunately i made a support case and they are refunding the 2 extra transations but I am still left to pay the bill for the extra 2 foreign currency exchange fees which MA refuse to refund to me :(

Suppose i got half way there though, its better than nothing and it has made me much more dubious of checking my statements from now on.

I wonder how many cases like this have hapened where people havent noticed the extra charges. Makes you wonder how much "free loot" is going into MA's pockets

I've had it happen a few times to me but ONLY if I've used the in game system. I've had errors on the web site but never ever have been charged without getting ped on the site. Only when using the ingame system. Has anyone had this happen using the web site??

That said, I agree with Grrr (waves to soc mate). I've ALWAYS had a quick reply and my money put back onto my card within 24-48 hours, usually within the first business day in Sweden. MA has always been great about this for me. I don't understand the 14 day thing at all and am a bit confused by you saying that I guess. I don't know and won't ask specifics from someone else but I use a credit / debit card and the refund is always there very very fast.

I've never been asked for a 7 digit number or anything else other than writing a support case, they look into it as they can see an error happened and they put the money back on my credit card. Of course my card has been approved and maybe this is something that you're also waiting for?

GL as they've always been very fast with me! :)
Tip - don't use the ingame system but use the web site. Also - since you posted in here that you've made deposits you better make sure to purchase a gold card. Don't reply whether you have or haven't.!! :wise:

Well i am not nervous to answer any of these questions as they are all good questions. Here is the 7 digit thing i was talking about.

"2009-05-29 14:58 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

The transactions IDs we are looking for are similar to those you find in your Transaction History in My Account on the website for your previous deposits. They should be seven-digit numbers.

If you cannot see them already, it might take an extra day or two before the IDs are shown on your statement. We therefore ask you to get back to us as soon as they appear and we will be able to assist you further.

You have our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your continual patience.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

I have been a depositor since 2005 and this is the first problem i ever had that has not been previously noted.

Here is the 14 day thing i was talking about

"2009-06-01 13:45 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your contacting us about this issue. We have refunded both transactions to your credit card. You should receive the money within 14 bank days depending on the refund procedures at your bank. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

they will prob be quicker but who knows. As for the gold card that goes with out question. No worrys there.

Also thanks i will prob never use the in-game system again. That is where this all took place.

I've had a few errors but MA have always been prompt witth the refund, like GRR I've made a few dollars here and there with exchange rates.
Having the transaction number form your account is wise thing to send in your support case.
One tip which Casay mentioned is not to do it in-game, all my errors have been with the in-game thingo and when if I stuff up on the exchange rate, the deposit fails, and I revise the total to be deposited by hitting the back button to re enter another amount. I still do in-game deposits but never hit the back button anymore:)

I use a prepaid debit visa card solely for Entropia and only top that card up with what I require, its hard to calculate what visa will be giving as an exchange rate

I'd be interested if hitting the back button on failed deposit at the in-game terminal is a common theme and perhaps a bug that MA could iron out...I have identified it as common theme in my emails to them.

Cheers

Well i am not nervous to answer any of these questions as they are all good questions. Here is the 7 digit thing i was talking about.

Hi,

The transactions IDs we are looking for are similar to those you find in your Transaction History in My Account on the website for your previous deposits. They should be seven-digit numbers.

If you cannot see them already, it might take an extra day or two before the IDs are shown on your statement. We therefore ask you to get back to us as soon as they appear and we will be able to assist you further.

You have our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your continual patience.

Kind regards,

I have been a depositor since 2005 and this is the first problem i ever had that has not been previously noted.

Hi,

Thank you for your contacting us about this issue. We have refunded both transactions to your credit card. You should receive the money within 14 bank days depending on the refund procedures at your bank. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

they will prob be quicker but who knows. As for the gold card that goes with out question. No worrys there.

Also thanks i will prob never use the in-game system again. That is where this all took place.

That must be their generic response because that is EXACTLY the same thing they said to me, right down to the very last word :) Seems we are definitely not alone in this. Its obviously happened enough times that thy have generated a standard response. :mad:

Ref exchange rate: why don't you open a debit card in USD, register that with EU and fuel into it each deposit at a time, so you have the control where you exchange, what rate, so on?

As fore mentioned errors, I admit that I never verified the transactions, but due to the above mentioned USD card would have been impossible to loose some deposit among the way. I want to put 50$ ingame, I put on the card say 50$ and I deposit, rest of the time the card is empty so nothing to loose :D

never had that problem, got locked for depositing coz ma fucked up but I've always gotten my peds instantly.

I guess alot depends on type of card, bank, country etc.

yeah happened to me on the weekend too.

sent a support case, see what happens

Its obviously happened enough times that thy have generated a standard response. :mad:

And think of the people who did not notice this :D
Well more peds in the loot pool i guess :scratch2:

This time they did not make me wait for more information they just said they would refund. Atleast they are working fast. I will give support a golden star this time. Although this should never had happened in the first place.

2009-06-03 09:58 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your contacting us about this issue again. Our technitians are working together with DIBS technitians to try to find the solution to this problem.

When you are ordering a funds transfer with your CC, the communication procedure is like follows:
MindArk PE -> Dibs (PSP Payment Service Provider) -> your Bank -> Dibs -> MindArk PE.
If all communication lines are working properly, your PED account should be credited immediately in less than one minute. If one of the intermediary transactions (DIBS, Euroline or your Bank) take longer time to respond, the transaction ticket for your deposit will time out and, unfortunately, the funds will be holded.

We have refunded 40 USD to your credit card .You should receive the money within 14 bank days depending on the refund procedures at your bank. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Hi,

Kind regards,

Hi,

Kind regards,

Thanks for sharing this. I've never gotten any reply like this. I can only guess that for whatever reason MA's system isn't showning the transaction at all and they are trying to track it all down?? :scratch2: Maybe due to that it takes longer? Just guessing here. It also may have something to do with another country's banking system. Dunno.

Even using the web site I have to call my bank everytime to get them to let the transaction to go thru. For whatever reason my banks fraud department prevents it every time. It's a hassle overall but then I at least know what I'm trying to do is done properly.

Agree 100% that 3 times in same week is unacceptable. Yep, don't use the ingame system as it's buggy as heck. I don't know why it would be so different than the web site but it certainly seems to be. :(

To Addz, unreal they didn't also refund the transaction fees. Someone sure should have! I would think that your bank might have once pushed to do so but it's MA that you're trying to pay, it's their overall system that failed and therefor it seems they should refund or at least get the entity in the line of things that broke to refund it.

they responded an hour after starting the support case saying the money would be back in my account in the next 14days.

so I will see what happens

I've been playing 2 years now and am a major depositor. I have never had this issue before. This is something MA needs to work out to keep a happy customer base for sure.

Just lost a fairly sizeable deposit. Error occured while using credit card deposit on the website, I never use in game. Looked like it was working fine but at the end it said "Service Unavailable". They got the money from my credit card, verified this by checking with my bank, no PED. FYI, this is not the first time I have had this happen BUT: There is no transaction showing on their website for my deposit today, that is a first for me. Sure they will get back to me and refund it, it's just a major pain with transaction fees and that kind of thing.

Just lost a fairly sizeable deposit. Error occured while using credit card deposit on the website, I never use in game. Looked like it was working fine but at the end it said "Service Unavailable". They got the money from my credit card, verified this by checking with my bank, no PED. FYI, this is not the first time I have had this happen BUT: There is no transaction showing on their website for my deposit today, that is a first for me. Sure they will get back to me and refund it, it's just a major pain with transaction fees and that kind of thing.

Yeah that sucks. I did get my money back. It did not take the 14 days but it was around 7ish. Still a pain in the ass. Still lost out on the fee my bank charges for a international payment. But since then I been using the website. Yeah a few extra steps involved but i have not had a issue at all. I wish MA would compensate us for the pain they put us through when shit happens. But if that was the case MA would be broke. lol

i got my depo back but lost $15AUS because the aussie dollar gained on the US + fees :(

Little update: I requested that they start the refund process asap for me being as the deposit was for almost the maximum my credit card allows and I wanted to try it again. They said they can now just transfer it to my PED card for me due to recent changes that allow them to do that :yay: No more double transaction fees. Every time this happened to me before I had to wait for the refund then try the deposit again or risk more money lost in space.

Very cool that they changed that policy. After reading what a few people on this thread have stated if you live outside the US you have a chance to lose money with the flucutating $ to other currencys around the world. For me being in the US i did not have to worry about that but just the international fees. I think that is a big + rep for MA on that one.

I just deposited $237 for two times instead of one time Wednesday w/o receiving the deposits on my PED card. This actually is damn bad since my credit card got overcharged now. At least Support gave a quick response on my request and will put one deposit on my PED card as planned and refund the second one asap.

Oh shit, I had like 9 consecutive failed deposits... how can I look back to see which ones went through and which didn't?
Will I have recieved thanks emails for each individual failed deposit?
I deposit so much it's going to be hard to figure out which went through and which didn't.

Oh shit, I had like 9 consecutive failed deposits... how can I look back to see which ones went through and which didn't?
Will I have recieved thanks emails for each individual failed deposit?
I deposit so much it's going to be hard to figure out which went through and which didn't.

Log in on the main web site under deposits and you'll see what did and didn't go thru on their end. Next, log into or contact your bank and see what they show. If you deposited thru the web site and NOT in game then the failed deposits are usually just that, failed and nothing happened with money on your bank account. At least that's been my experience.

When they failed you should get a failure message, internal error or refused by your bank type error. With 9 failures I'd think it's your bank preventing it from going thru. I've gotten both type of error messages even though it's always my banks fraud department stopping it. I have to call my bank to get something to go thru.

Never, ever deposit using the ingame system!!!! :wise:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention :)

No wonder my deposit simulator hasn't been working correctly. It doesn't factor in additional exchange fees and failed deposits... :silly2:

- Nightwolf

hadd the same bugg this morning depo error no peds to my card but it was taken from my bank acc:mad:

I guess they made the depositing dynamic..

Just noticed the foreign fee on my card after depoing. REally 3% (in game tax)+3% ( as foreign fee). Screw it...

Just don't deposit anymore....

Back