Version Update 10.0 Announcement

Correct me if I'm wrong, but testing should have been done before the 9.4 servers went down? The only thing I can see having to be done is load up new server software, and carrying over any data that constantly changes ie. user data, apartment data, item data etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but testing should have been done before the 9.4 servers went down? The only thing I can see having to be done is load up new server software, and carrying over any data that constantly changes ie. user data, apartment data, item data etc.

Those other VUs MA thought the same.
And than all went wrong.

Or would you like a hunt with 200 ped decay on an armour piece with a max tt of 100 ped ? Or go mining and getting a hitrate of less than 1% and finding just Lyst and oil ?

Wait.....

Guess they will test EU after carrying over all the data. Would make sense to me.

and exactly that data has to be stored in a database, which will surely be optimized for the CE2. No simple "copy", they must convert it and then make extensive tests that the conversion went fine. They did surely test quite some time, what could go wrong but some errors are found after going on the real servers. Converting the avas of one million registered users will have taken at least 16 hours and they could not have done that before they went offline because they could not know what everyone would be doing until the last second.

Everybody know that statements like "Let me show you something for a minute" is a lie, never takes a minute and in those moments it rarely works :D

Guess they will test EU after carrying over all the data. Would make sense to me.

I wonder if your private parts are to be inspected in the intitiation of VU along with lots of other pushing and prodding elswhere :D

Woenk simplified it above :D ^

Even if they had tested it well enough on the development servers, just the fact of switching over to a different set of computers (with a brand new core client) means making sure all of the little connections in the application and server code are all updated to refer to the real servers instead of the dev servers.

Uninstalls, installs (maybe the installs hit a glitch on different hardware), reinstalls, servers that suddenly don't function like they used to even though nothing (apparent) has been changed, reconnecting all the data structures. Perhaps the production farm is much larger than the dev farm due to resource limits, and getting the larger farm to play well together under the new system is more tricky with more servers.

And that's just getting it to the point where you can log in properly!

Then once that is finished, then at the very least I'd assume that MA/FPC employees are then having to run around in-game and perform specific tests for crafting, hunting, mining, pretty much all of the parts of the game and then recording the results and comparing them to expected outputs.

Then you have load tests to be run to make sure the production server farm can handle the player stress.

Then someone at the top of this pyramid has to eventually see enough evidence that the system is running according to spec over time (even through power-down/power-up situations or various server reboots) to be classified as "stable" and approved for the official door-opening.

Plenty of stuff to do and fill up several days of dedicated time. Trust me!

Hope they are testing it rigorously with my AVi and just beause of the time crunch leave a heap of highend BPs in my inventory that hasn't dropped yet... and a few k ped for crafting ROFL.

..... Oh Oh and my skill is higher than my icon Auk !!!

:yay::yay::yay:

P.S - 2 days without EU and the extreme imaginative part of my brain is working WOOOT!

Your right they would have been lots of testing before the update was started. However this is not a exact science things tend to bug for no apparent reason for example a texture may change its UV coordinates or a polygon face may invert, silly little things that just happen and have to be checked and ironed out which takes time...that’s why we have not had an ETA because ultimately MA have a target time/date (which I think is today imo) but that’s all it is a target....they will not say anything until they’re 99% sure they can deliver even then don't be surprised if it gets delayed or the server crashes once it is up and running...it really isn't an exact science.:)

Last edited:
What is the point of beta testing if you do not cover your bases before rolling out a product to your clients. All of these things should have been tested comprehensively before using it on their live servers.

I understand that unexpected errors occur, I have done a fair bit of software development in my time, but there are automated testing processes created for such instances and implementation time should not(read: in any normal software/gaming company) take days.

If don't have a problem that MA will wait a day more and give us a stabel VU in stead of giving us a crappy connection and having troubles to log in ....
But also hope they will go back online friday :D

What is the point of beta testing if you do not cover your bases before rolling out a product to your clients. All of these things should have been tested comprehensively before using it on their live servers.

I understand that unexpected errors occur, I have done a fair bit of software development in my time, but there are automated testing processes created for such instances and implementation time should not(read: in any normal software/gaming company) take days.

this isn't software development it is not a case of writing code CGI has a very complex production pipeline (modelling, rigging, texturing, animating, lighting, rendering, scripting)...and you can not automate all testing proceedures.

Servers are still down?
(I'm at work and started this morning the install of the game) so I was hoping that once at home I could test the new engine :)

I just woke up and ran to my computer and guess what!!!

servers are still down :(

:bull:

It takes time ....

We'll wait...

Util the end of time...​

strange thing, server was online for some minutes and i was able to loot a mini-update... after this and a checkbox where i could change language.... servers off :-(

It's up!....?????

Login...black screen.....entropia music....no login window with ID and password. Still waiting... Sounds like hangars are going down in value...

Last edited:
argh...im stuck in the creation process :-/

Login...black screen.....entropia music....no login window with ID and password. Still waiting... Sounds like hangars are going down in value...

i got the exact same problem, i can type the ID and password and gold card pass even tho its black, but when ive done that the game crashes, anyone got any idea about how to fix it??

Last edited:
Don't know if your still reading this old thread Marco but if you are CONGRATULATIONS on a fantastic new Entropia :)

Awesome

Starry starry night - da da do do da da di

Sun sets stars and moons come out
Sun rises stars go out

:yay:

Again

Sun sets stars and moon come out
Sun rises stars go out

What a view from just below the top of the active volcano west of Fort Ares

Awesome and will only get better when they get the bugs out - has anyone found using scopes too hard to be worth bothering with?

May the Force be with You

Jedi Strange

Just an update on the DVD postage for those living in SA. Ill continue with the offer till friday 4 Sept after wich point you're gonna have to find some other way or give me a donation{Bribe} ;)

Great, now I need to buy a whole new computer. How can I do that after I've deposited thousands of dollars over the last 5 years?:scratch2:

I used to be able to limp along on the crappy Intel graphics chipset on my tablet PC (hey, it was state of the art in '04), but now Planet Calypso refuses to even load on it.

Ohwell, guess I'll just have to waste my money on Korean anime'esque 2.5D MMORPGs instead. Thanks Mindark for wasting my money and time!

Bank loans get extended time in order to not create any transitional problems.

Its been 2 weeks now since the release of v10.0 we are now up to 10.0.6, SGA has just started and i'd realy like to get my armor out of hawk, when can we expect the banks to come on line? :confused:

Great, now I need to buy a whole new computer. How can I do that after I've deposited thousands of dollars over the last 5 years?:scratch2:

I used to be able to limp along on the crappy Intel graphics chipset on my tablet PC (hey, it was state of the art in '04), but now Planet Calypso refuses to even load on it.

Ohwell, guess I'll just have to waste my money on Korean anime'esque 2.5D MMORPGs instead. Thanks Mindark for wasting my money and time!

What?, you couldn't see VU10 'CryENGINE2' coming???
Where have you been the last two years???

Back