Valueless Loot For No Loot

Would you rather valueless loot over no loot with a TT = 0.00?

• I like this idea.

Votes: 113 39.9%
  • I do not like this idea.

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • I am not sure.

Votes: 51 18.0%
  • I am not to bothered.

Votes: 50 17.7%

• Total voters
i already have enough crap in my inventory :p

Basically my idea for the system you are talking about is this:

1) Introduce many usable material 0 pec TT (like current fragments), put them in all no loot / NRF messages
2) Introduce usability on mining and hunting
3) Make special ores and mobs which can be killed only by using 0 TT materials

To explain it on example:

HUNTER

- introduce new flagged mobs such as vampires
- flag it killable only by certain type of ammunition (lets call it silver infused cell or blp pack)
- introduce for example silver dust (0.001 pec loot)
- if you shoot at it with other type of ammo other then silver infused it produces 1 dmg to it
- to infuse 1000 silver cells/blp packs (10 pec TT value) you need one silver dust (0.001 pec material dropped in no loot)
- to infuse a melee weapon it costs 10 silver dust / PED, it is reset once a melee weapon is put into repair terminal
- infusion is done via "infusion refiner" which can be of same functionality as if you were making sweat with enmat refiner
- make vampires tempting to general population (low damage low regen high HP allwaysloot mob / make it drop nice L guns and amor etc...)

MINER

- introduce a no lyst bomb
- introduce lyst-o-fobic substance (0.001 pec value)
- every no lyst bomb is made by "infusion refining" 10 lyst-o-fobic substance and one TT bomb
- this bomb can not find lyst, but some other mineral (maybe even unique to infused bomb) instead of it

CRAFTERS

- already have this kind of system which works supposably fine

Regards

I.

P.S.

This can actually be made very very tempting - for example make a mob which loots something tiering destroyed - for example next ML rifle very often (say 1 in 3 kills), but it requires uber rare 0 TT component.
Im very sure bullets for something like that would sell at 10000% markup.

And wonder how much it would cost once a MOD fap is destroyed.

P.P.S.

This kind of functionality would make me travel to - for example rocktropia - situate "vampires" and other previously mentioned flagged mobs THERE and youll see the ppl traveling there to hunt some exclusive mobs ;) and not just plain old shit as we already have

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. They're liars anyway over at MA/FPC. Read my signature for proof.

marco just forgot to wrote before end of 2010 ....

Well, the frequency of no loots is reduced compared to six months ago. MA has the ambition to reduce it a lot more and with the addition of fragments and similar very-low-TT-value items there are way to balance the economy while giving stuff in loots. So steps has already been taken and will continue to be taken in the future.

Well, the frequency of no loots is reduced compared to six months ago. MA has the ambition to reduce it a lot more and with the addition of fragments and similar very-low-TT-value items there are way to balance the economy while giving stuff in loots. So steps has already been taken and will continue to be taken in the future.

Really? Shot a faucervix lately? I can go out today and guarantee a 10-in-a-row no loot run, not that I hunt anymore anyway.

:laugh:

What game you been playing lately!? :scratch2: Just as many no looting mobs as there were six months ago! :rolleyes:

Really? Shot a faucervix lately? I can go out today and guarantee a 10-in-a-row no loot run, not that I hunt anymore anyway.

Lonewolves are also a good mob if you're after no loots. Even stalkers are generous with that! (Though they aren't FPC's headache.)

It feels like someone is pissing on my back and trying to tell me it's raining.

Marco, do read my post.

I know you are not a dev but maybe, just maybe ppl could get a hang of my idea. Plus it relies on thechnology already supported by current EU mech.

It is a bit of the text, yet I think its worth of reading it.

I.

Generally I like the 0 TT loot idea, if it just replaces no looters.

But what I did discover so far is, that I got several fragment drops out of Ambuli Provider/Guardian, that have been always looters pre fragment drops.

In fact, MA/FPC introduced NoLoots (TT value) to mobs that have had always loot bevor.

If it would really be that way, that those 0.00001 PED items do only drop in those mobs that would be no looters otherwise, it would be fine, but this isn´t the case imho!

Now we got these low valuable loots already, in form of ammo (less than 100 stacks), fragments (nova,blazaar).

As said generally a good idea, the remove no looters.
In order to get rid of all No loot messages (NRF), we will need a lot more of these type items.
Several new fragments need to get introduced, and maybe some other things.
For mining it could be just water, we don´t have water yet :D
Some water with a TT value of 0.01 PED/k that is used in some crafting or refining process would be really good idea!
And we surely need water to produce the long wanted beer at the bars :D

To make this loots valuable, we need a lot more BPs that use this low TT items, or just refined resources that need these low valuable things as part of refining process.
Maybe we could refine some dustfragment (you may find with oremining) together with water (you may find with enmatter mining) to a kind of oil or acid, that is used in crafting.

There are many options to do that.

On the other hand it would be no problem, to drop a 0 TT ModFAP aswell, it just would need to get repaired, after it dropped :D
That would drain nothing from lootpool, but be a very very valuable item :)

Removing No Loot in favour of junk is not an option I think... the overall loot is simply split out. Loot returns have not gone up ..

Ran a short poll in early December:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...172078-poll-what-should-base-return-rate.html

in which we assumed that the "base" return rate for economical play (excluding abnormal loots like globals and mini-globals) was 60%. The poll then asked what the base return should be, realizing that increasing the base return rate would decrease the frequency and/or size of globals and minis, but would also reduce the number of no-loots and/or increase the size of "normal" loots.

The results from the small number of votes (poll is still open) showed that the majority did want an increase in the base return, probably to around 75-80% (which would decrease the number or size of globals/minis by about half).

Interestingly, a significant number of people wanted even more globals (and presumably even more no-loots).

I'm not sure MA can win on this one, but a tweak toward fewer globals and less no-loots might make more people a little bit happier. Or at least they'd find something else to complain about :D

Hallo,

Why do you want to loot something who don't have a value. I really don't care. If you loot something that dont have a value it is still a "No Loot".

Just my opinion.

Regards.
Lana

Why do you want to loot something who don't have a value. I really don't care. If you loot something that dont have a value it is still a "No Loot".
hmm.. what about a zero TT shopkeeper that just needs a visit to the repair terminal. That'd be a nice little no looter... FPC if you are reading this, you know my avatar's name... make it happen if possible ;)

Generally I like the 0 TT loot idea, if it just replaces no looters.

But what I did discover so far is, that I got several fragment drops out of Ambuli Provider/Guardian, that have been always looters pre fragment drops.

In fact, MA/FPC introduced NoLoots (TT value) to mobs that have had always loot bevor.

I have not found one single no-loot mob yet. Could be, that I can not take down something like a Stomper or a Falx, but Ambu Guardian has given me no-loots. I remember shortly after the regen "nerf" that some thought they all were looters and had been nerved, but even before that it had happened to me a few times.
I do not think there is even one mob, that allways loots.

I think no-looters spoil the fun, with the fragements one should think that they have become less noticable but I think the opposite is happening, because you do not see a message, expect some loot and find out that they "only" got some fragments (initial higher expectation, disappointment because the expecation is not met).
Maybe displaying what you looted in chat would help with that (and surely help tracking returns)

Basically my idea for the system you are talking about is this:

1) Introduce many usable material 0 pec TT (like current fragments), put them in all no loot / NRF messages
2) Introduce usability on mining and hunting
3) Make special ores and mobs which can be killed only by using 0 TT materials

To explain it on example:

HUNTER

- introduce new flagged mobs such as vampires
- flag it killable only by certain type of ammunition (lets call it silver infused cell or blp pack)
- introduce for example silver dust (0.001 pec loot)
- if you shoot at it with other type of ammo other then silver infused it produces 1 dmg to it
- to infuse 1000 silver cells/blp packs (10 pec TT value) you need one silver dust (0.001 pec material dropped in no loot)
- to infuse a melee weapon it costs 10 silver dust / PED, it is reset once a melee weapon is put into repair terminal
- infusion is done via "infusion refiner" which can be of same functionality as if you were making sweat with enmat refiner
- make vampires tempting to general population (low damage low regen high HP allwaysloot mob / make it drop nice L guns and amor etc...)

MINER

- introduce a no lyst bomb
- introduce lyst-o-fobic substance (0.001 pec value)
- every no lyst bomb is made by "infusion refining" 10 lyst-o-fobic substance and one TT bomb
- this bomb can not find lyst, but some other mineral (maybe even unique to infused bomb) instead of it

CRAFTERS

- already have this kind of system which works supposably fine

Regards

I.

P.S.

This can actually be made very very tempting - for example make a mob which loots something tiering destroyed - for example next ML rifle very often (say 1 in 3 kills), but it requires uber rare 0 TT component.
Im very sure bullets for something like that would sell at 10000% markup.

And wonder how much it would cost once a MOD fap is destroyed.

P.P.S.

This kind of functionality would make me travel to - for example rocktropia - situate "vampires" and other previously mentioned flagged mobs THERE and youll see the ppl traveling there to hunt some exclusive mobs ;) and not just plain old shit as we already have

Some good ideas. I too like to have some more no tt items that gives diffrent advandages. It will give us rewards even if we don't get any tt loot, that we can use or maybe sell to other players. But it must be balanced so this "no tt economy" gets don't to big and important. The items should be a complement, not a substity to existing items.

Marco stated in another thread that "no loot" will disapear during the fall.

So he listened to you and changed it :)

So he listened to you and changed it ...Yes he had before we had "no loot" now we start to have " Value TT 0 " loot.

So before it was nothing now it is a 0.:laugh:

Last edited:
Some good ideas. I too like to have some more no tt items that gives diffrent advandages. It will give us rewards even if we don't get any tt loot, that we can use or maybe sell to other players. But it must be balanced so this "no tt economy" gets don't to big and important. The items should be a complement, not a substity to existing items.

Yes MA:s next step who yhey doing now is to kill all (UL)-items and skills by make them valueless and we are just in the start to become like all other games with 1 exceptiun they will ceep all the money from the old game system.:lolup:

And how will this benefit the players....only to be used to lose more money because MA/FPC can only make better graphic and lots off nerf. Thats is the only i have been seen here in 4 years time.

* deleted *

Last edited:
The No Loot will soon be replaced by Hit ability 10/10 meaning you miss 40% of your shots on a maxed weapon, therefor using the wasted ammo to make up for the creature carrying a minimum loot. But you can add 10 accuracy enhancers and then only miss 8% of the time at hit ability 20/20 (not sure if it goes past 12 but this post is obviously not serious anyway)
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

why not just remove the hunting part of entropia instead of getting rid of no loots..

(ok maybe not, but i soon start to wish that)

..because, with 60% loss as my best hunt in a long time now, i really dont wanna have to go hunt(!!) to get those freebie stuff i otherwise would find walking not spending a single pec further.. also, the tiny value these things still might have, will drop to nothing in notime... no good will come from that, other than a false impression no loots are great...

other freebiestuff might be an nice option thou.. maybe

Try hunting something Different !! Some mobs like you better than other

* deleted *

Last edited:

well before https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/vu-listings/33-vu-6-1-listing.html#post69 there was allways loot aprox 1pec for each 10 hp of mob
average loots were smaller, and globals and hofs was not so common
every mob i kill gives me something
whatever bad loot was "loot"

nowdays whit no loots and high regen mobs it looting like standing at slot maschine and hitting double or nothing button

in worst scenario you go and kill 10 mobs (like daikiba Y) and get 10 no loots, insted of getting 10x 3pec

fragments and others low TT items insted no loots are good idea but as long the no loot exist they nothing more than very very very bad loot

for me personaly doesnt mather how low TT walue it will have IMHO everything is better then seen again and again those:handgun: yellow lines:rocket:

:lolup::yay: (should i feel lucky when 1/3 of mobs i kill gives me some loot ?)
i wish best luck and lot of great ideas to development and balancing team ..

if something with tt=0 will drop for everyone instead "no loot" it will cost nothing :) but u will can be glad - i loot some shit and now i'm happy :tower:

no one wants to pay someing for novas....

not enough to suppliment your losses.

so add more low tt value loots. its gonna be nothing more than a welfare item. and no one likes to fund welfare....

The main reason no one wants fragments is because there is no demand for the like i have said for sweat, at the moment people only buy it for teleport chips

Back