Help: problem getting the 10.0.8 patch

toxinburn

Provider
Society
Apocalyptic Uprising
Toxin SG Burn
hey all what can i do to get this patch i load up client as usual click launch it starts the patching process of downloading the 10.0.8 copy then it gets going until i have 21:55 left til completion then it just stops right there in an endless loop what can i do any whiz out there that can help me quick i would be forever grateful! thanks in advances for ideas and support!

I can't really help you but I am having sort of the same issue. I hit launch and it patches, goes all the way through, but then when i hit launch the next time it patches all over again. It's stuck in a cycle for me as well.

Same here I get within a few minutes of finishing the endless loop.

I have been trying for 12 hours and have maxed my isp quota.

It appear every time I restart the download it begins again instead of starting where it finished. I have a high speed connection and have used up over 10 gigs.

Had to buy more download.

Jung.

thanks for acknowledging that somethin is wrong!

hey guys maybe we dont know what to do yet to fix it but i am looking for a place to possibly download this update from a 3rd party and will post link if i find that imo is all we need

Alternate download location for the 2 patches hope this helps you as well

http://bbs.yoyyy.com/thread-16833239-1-1.html go there and it has both updates that we are lacking give that a shot and vista users remember to run as admin good luck!

04 Sep 2009 2084 41 2125 21
05 Sep 2009 6538 106 6644 21

Sorry was 8.622 gigs not 10

However until I can find out something I will have to stop trying as it will not take long to use my updated download at this rate .

Jung

Edit

Thanks Toxin I will look into it

Last edited:
04 Sep 2009 2084 41 2125 21
05 Sep 2009 6538 106 6644 21

Sorry was 8.622 gigs not 10

However until I can find out something I will have to stop trying as it will not take long to use my updated download at this rate .

Jung

Edit

Thanks Toxin I will look into it

I cant do it as I have to wait for my ISP to be reset at Midnight Lol 11.53 hrs away.

I am getting withdrawal symptoms:)

Last edited:
same problem :(

well those links are to the same servers that eu uses so its a no go right now same thing happened it stopped at 21 minutes i guess im gonna reboot and try again if nothing works still im just going to wait until tomorrow i guess

EDIT: okay im using client loader again what seems to be working so far is do the following let it start to dl patch and when it gets stuck at whatever percentage where u notice that dl speed isnt fluctuating and the time left isnt moving anymore hit ctrl alt and del to bring up taskbar and kill the client loader.exe process and start it up again it will make the download pick up where it left off so hopefully at the end of all this crap it will work i ofc will let ya know if this is also a fail

Last edited:
Might wanna try uninstall and reinstall the whole game,, I know it might take a few but it beats 10 hrs of reinstalling the latest patch if its an endless loop. ;)

last method working

well i decided there is no need to reinstall the whole game considering it is nothing more than a problem with the download.entropia.com server itself and not the client because the same issue happens when downloading straight from the server it just stops and u must start over so for now do as i just suggested since it is working when it stops do not click abort or you lose all progress that u have made simply ctrl alt del and close the clientloader.exe in that manner then reopen it and click launch again and it will cache the file and restart from where it left off i should be playing pretty soon assuming there are no corrupted instances of these patches for the bugged server anyways i succesfully downloaded the first of 2 patches this way on my 2nd and should be able to log in then give it a try seems to be only solution atm.

Well I got the patches but when I run them it says software not found. Do i need to run them from a certain folder to have the system recognize that I have it loaded?

to adheer

hey did you download them from that other link or thru the client using the ctrl alt del method i told u about? the proper place for the files is C:\Windows\Temp i believe they need to be placed there then run clientloader and click launch and i think it will patch up or do as i suggested with closing the client with task manager and then reopening to pick up where u left off on the download i have almost completed the updates in that manner will repost if it is a total success!

Last edited:
I downloaded them directly through the other links you had posted. But when i ran them I got an error stating there was no game found.

I think I figured out my problem. I sat here the last time the client patch finished, and it sat for a long time on a dos screen, and then my anti-virus software came up checking it to see if it was malware and while it was doing that, the patch shut down and restarted EU. So I am thinking of downloading it, and when it's about to apply the patch, I'm going to turn off the anti-virus and see if that does the trick.

Sure beats reinstalling!

Success!

hey man just put the patch files in C:\Windows\Temp then open up entropia like you normally would and click launch i think that should take care of it or do as i did with the whole ctrl alt del crap as this has also worked for me as for u just place the patch files in that folder and load up entropia like normal it will find them and patch it kk i also sent a support to ma about this and explained what has worked so thanks for the feedback we should be on ma payroll lol.

and i wanted to depo

i still cant get in i have downloaded the client loader and then it said testing cl and when i clicked launch it went back to dl the whole thing again can anyone help i want to depo and i cant. I WANT TO PLAY :(:(

When i start downloading the bar is moving ok for several minutes and then it gives me "no connection to server" :confused: Made several attempts - every time the same crap.
How big are those patches total? (was i out of free space on C: i wonder :scratch2:)

i still cant get in i have downloaded the client loader and then it said testing cl and when i clicked launch it went back to dl the whole thing again can anyone help i want to depo and i cant. I WANT TO PLAY :(:(

That's close to the same issue I had. Do you have an anti-virus type software that checks new programs for any issues right when they launch? Thats what mine was doing which caused the udpate to time out and forced me to redownload it. if that's the case, just turn off the AV or software when its almost done downloading.

You can browse the site at http://download.entropiauniverse.com/ and select the updates you want. You will have to download all of them in sequence.

Pop them into the install folder on by one, and run the update.
EU's default install in in "C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe".

I uploaded all the files I had to a sharing service before I noticed the link earlier on. Grr..

Last edited:
Back