Question: Why are new players spawning on TI?

+rep for not giving up, hehe :)

I didn't originally spawn there, but I somehow teleported there on my second day and decided to explore and seeing one of the hogs I decided to attack it not knowing I can't without a gun. I died and died and died and died and died lol I tried following one guy around who was killing them but the hog he attacked decided to take a bite out of me before dying so i eventually snuck around through the water. my skills increaed a bit because of how much i died though. =) but i still don't understand this game =(

I didn't originally spawn there, but I somehow teleported there on my second day and decided to explore and seeing one of the hogs I decided to attack it not knowing I can't without a gun. I died and died and died and died and died lol I tried following one guy around who was killing them but the hog he attacked decided to take a bite out of me before dying so i eventually snuck around through the water. my skills increaed a bit because of how much i died though. =) but i still don't understand this game =(

Thanks for posting and good luck. Travelling in the water and on the beaches is often the best way to travel about when you are so vulnerable.

If I had my way, huge areas of the game would be inaccessible to anyone without, say, any skills over 100.

Forrest :)

it is pretty strange to let them spawn in TI indeed, and i hardly doubt the PA server is full, there arent THAT many people, to reroute ppl to TI ^.-

besides, considering that i tend to have the TI shift for guiding, it seems to me that i sometimes have more newbies per time on TI than they have at the NAZ in PA ^^

i think Faye had 5 newbies totally yesterday, while my count is more like 8-10 ^^

you get your new colonist welcome package. You deserved it, you earned it. A gun with a few rounds of ammo, mining gear and a fap.

When you enter the shuttle you have to leave behind all your training gear, only your gifts will stay with you.
Prepared and keen to try out your new stuff for "real" you fly down to the planet.

This I would do if I would be game director.
you would likely go broke or have some problems soon after that though

if getting those gifts, if they have any value that is, and else it would be useless, is easier to say for example getting peds with the free options (in the past sweating), you would have many many new avatars and just few new players

example, say you would get with finding fruits, dunno, 1.5 ped per hour, to have a figure

and if you do your training and get your welcome gifts it cost you 1 hour too, but you get an opalo (3.8 ped) and 10 ped ammo

then after a while the average newbie who doesnt want to deposit (thats 90% or so), would make a simple calculation
go searching fruit (sweat, whatever gonna come), 1 hour for 1.5 ped
make new avatar (10-20 min), follow the guide stuff til you get the free package (1 hour) for ~14 ped

easy choice, newbie gonna log off instantly, make a new avatar and trade stuff to first avatar

now you could counter that one by simply making the stuff untradeable or sellable

then the newbie would still make a new ava, get his newbie package, go hunt (or mine, etc) until the peds are gone, give the loot to first avatar and makes another new one
etcetc.

hence, i hardly doubt that any gift of tt value or something will be exploited, if you get it right away and that easily

back in the past we had a sweating cap, so once you reached 100 pts in sweating or so you couldnt sweat anymore
so it was kinda "deposit or go", or "screw it and make new avatar to sweat til 100 pts again", guess what happened
and also guess why we have 700k accounts but just say 20k players :p
my guess is that at least half is secondary avatars :D

and giving peds away right away, that will definitely be explointed
it sounds harsh, but i dont think it would work

Last edited:
Back