New sweating system

Suu Miles

Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Suu Miles
Just got the newsletter where a glimpse to the new sweating system was allowed... some kind of attachment, so sweaters are getting decay now?!?? :scratch2:

The Sweat resource gathering system will soon be reintroduced, but this time with a twist. Take a sneak preview at one of the New Sweating Concept Designs.

Concept Design Sketch for Improved Sweat Gathering System

Can you post the full text? I just checked my Email and I haven't gotten it yet.

Can you post the full text? I just checked my Email and I haven't gotten it yet.

Its the full text, at least about the sweating thingy

Sounds intriguing. People who have been asking to be able to get more sweat in one go look as though they may be getting their wish.

So that means that in order to sweat, N00bs will have to buy equipment? So how are they going to buy it? Depositing?

wasn't sweating originally design as a way for them to get some money without having to deposit?

I see more MA logic in action.

I already see it...

>> Trade Terminal
>> Sweat Gathering Engine
>> 10.00 PED

>> Sweat attempt successful (50 Sweat)
>> Sweat Price... 0,2 going downfall

Well, before talking more, let's see what's gonna happen first :D

So that means that in order to sweat, N00bs will have to buy equipment? So how are they going to buy it? Depositing?

wasn't sweating originally design as a way for them to get some money without having to deposit?

I'm guessing that the improved bit means it's an optional system, unless it doesn't decay and we all get one.

perhaps its like an amp, with it you get more sweat, but can still sweat the old way too.:dunno:

Not necessarily. Every colonist might get such tool full tt at 1-2 ped with very little decay/action. Sweaters might have a way to start up like this but will have to sell the sweat and repair the tool to keep going. Maybe MA will also introduce advanced sweating tools for professionals?

there's already a discussion about this in the newsletter thread.

i feel since there was a huge increase in sweat exploits in the previous vu they might reintroduce the sweat cap.

i think this tool will be required forr players that have reached the sweat cap if they want to continue sweating
Posted via Mobile Device

It could be something like the opalo for sweaters, guess we'll have to wait and see and use up all the sweat that's still around till that happens :D

It could just be a free tool for all players to sweat, instead of Dad dancing around for a while we whip out our tool and start sweating instead.

there's already a discussion about this in the newsletter thread.

i feel since there was a huge increase in sweat exploits in the previous vu they might reintroduce the sweat cap.

i think this tool will be required forr players that have reached the sweat cap if they want to continue sweating
Posted via Mobile Device

I was thinking along the same lines

Reintroducing the sweat cap will do nothing to stop the exploiters.

There's nothing to stop someone giving false details and start another account to sweat when their main one is unable to. There are plenty of people with 2nd / 3rd / 4th accounts just for that purpose from when we did have a sweat cap.

It takes 10 minutes to setup a hotmail account so they can just give each account a new email address at the same time to avoid detection.

It'll be much easier for them to program in a tool that sweats with a reload timer on it than to re-implement the old dance routines (not tried tp'ing yet so I don't know we still dance for that)

;)

i gotta check this out for my self.... dont really understand the way it was explained ....

:ahh::ahh:

So technically if the decay is introduced into the sweating, that would therefor mean sweating prices will increase....

That does make it harder for n00bs to get their foot in the door

To me that tool seems like modified scaner. If so - sweaters will get much more skills and not only MF skills.

Looks like an interesting development, I'd imagine that device needs to be bought from the trade terminal, so brand new players would have to find and sell some fruit and stones in order to buy it. Also it would probably decay as already mentioned.

Maybe that is the twist?

:sweat:

I hope this is just an extension of the sweating system, allowing people to get more sweat/pull, and maybe even sweat faster at the cost of additional decay, and perhaps getting more skills in the process.

Maybe there will be different levels, just like (L) Faps.

TT (Omegaton SG-01) one that gives 5-25 sweat a pull at 8 uses/min, 0-5 sweat gatherer profession, decays 0.1 pec a use)

Crafted ones (SG-05), 6-30 sweat/pull at 8 uses/min, 2-7 sweat gatherer profession, decays 0.12 pec/use (and markup).

All the way up to uber tools that are only usable by uber sweaters (Mega, I'm talking about you), which give like 100+ sweat a pull, for a few pec decay :p

MA/FPC,
I really hope this is not going the way people are assuming with a device that decays and such.I'm hoping the need for a device is just an easy work around with the engine as it was kinda odd that you could like do something to something without anything equiped.

What i've wanted to see is the need to work with others.

How i would introduce this is that you need 2 or more people to gather sweat. Like where you would have to have 2 or more people point this device at a creature to calm it down so that you could gather the sweat from it.

Back in the day sweating was a real team effort and was actually fun. We had this spot way south of Nyphtown that was the Old Sweat farm. Where people would run get a mob to chase them then bring them through this area to trap them in these sort of pens and then everyone would sweat it and everyone would take turns getting mobs. It was fun and social.

I'd like to see that brought back.

And i remember Marco saying he want's to see everyone weather they deposit nothing or deposit a lot to be able to have fun. So i hope they are not going back on that.
Rex

All the way up to uber tools that are only usable by uber sweaters (Mega, I'm talking about you), which give like 100+ sweat a pull, for a few pec decay :p

:D

I'm hoping to remain "quit" from sweating but I cant help but be intrigued about what was hinted at in this email from Mindark.

If there is a Mod Sweaterion-05 (tm) I might have a go with it. :)

I'm in favour of sweating only being possible in a few locations so the exploits (never drying creatures especially) and exploiters not being able to destroy the market.

It could be given to all new colonists and have no decay. Maybe the twist is that it has a reverse SIB type of system.

When your sweating skill is low your have a 10/10 as your skills gain you mocve to a 0/0 ?

It's how I would do it if I wanted to have new players have a chance at gathering sweat but make a way to progress away from it to other professions.

:D

I'm hoping to remain "quit" from sweating but I cant help but be intrigued about what was hinted at in this email from Mindark.

If there is a Mod Sweaterion-05 (tm) I might have a go with it. :)

I'm in favour of sweating only being possible in a few locations so the exploits (never drying creatures especially) and exploiters not being able to destroy the market.

I remember the biggest swamp camp exploit when i was sweating there. If Mega ran through your sweat beam whilst sweating a combibo, you instantly sweat hof'd and gathered an instant 1000 sweat.

Whats up with that bug! :scratch2:

Just hope it have sib, would be nice to get a boost in SG skill :yay:

Just got the newsletter where a glimpse to the new sweating system was allowed... some kind of attachment, so sweaters are getting decay now?!?? :scratch2:

:scratch2:
Where is the information from?

(Or is it a joke? :ahh:)

First thing i come up is how new players aquire that device?
Buying from TT with what?
So they must find stones and fruit and try to sell it, just to buy a device to sweat?

I am verry curious how that sweat system is going to work.

greetings,

bigdeal

Another boring clicking device
how boring is that
Sweating was the only real dynamic fun in the game
if it's true what a real dissapointment
:(

Sending a support case and e-mail to the office immediately

Oh, I hope SG skill actually affects success, maybe we'll be able to chip it then too :)

Back