Mining Payout

This one deserves a bump

This one deserves a bump

thx for the bump. I guess most has been already discussed here, but there are still some things open for discussion.

The 95% CI for payout percentage doing 1000 drops goes from 71.5% to 135.5% (fig 5 in publication). This implies that one that starts mining can get everything form 71% to 135% as payout. Doing 10,000 drops one would observe a payout between 86% to 104.6%. Hence still a lot of variance. From the providers perspective payout is 95% as all that counts is overall number of drops and this number is large. A participant however, gets a completely different picture.

We still don't know if there is some loot correction so that those doing too bad or too good will get adjusted. Atm it seems as everything is random as described in the publication.

ty for share this:yay:

the publication is also listed at

VERN

Just confirms...

thx for the bump. I guess most has been already discussed here, but there are still some things open for discussion.

The 95% CI for payout percentage doing 1000 drops goes from 71.5% to 135.5% (fig 5 in publication). This implies that one that starts mining can get everything form 71% to 135% as payout. Doing 10,000 drops one would observe a payout between 86% to 104.6%. Hence still a lot of variance. From the providers perspective payout is 95% as all that counts is overall number of drops and this number is large. A participant however, gets a completely different picture.

We still don't know if there is some loot correction so that those doing too bad or too good will get adjusted. Atm it seems as everything is random as described in the publication.

I know that this is an old thread but the CI's noted in here for different length 'runs' is the single biggest key to long term profits. Period. Realistically, Its the only useful info in all the statistics but well worth it...confirms my observations in crafting as well. The rest is just noise. Good work and tx for PED investment and willingness to share!

Brick

Back